PDA

View Full Version : A better Beth

pixitrace
03-07-2015, 09:42 PM
While originally selecting your femme name, did you have some runner up choices, or ever consider changing your name?
I recently told a gg friend that I cross-dressed, and that my girl name was Traci. She saw me fully dressed and thought I'd make a better "Beth".

Charlyne
03-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Hi Tracy, My CD name in a femme version of my birth name. I never thought about changing. A person should be able to change; why not?

AmyVanessa
03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
My final choices were Amy and Vanessa. It was kind of a tough choice
My guy name doesn't really have a fem version

Lily Catherine
03-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Exactly one spelling (mine) of my male name is unisex, though rather uncommonly so.

I did think of Jenny/Janny before joining this site, but that lost to Iris eventually (due to Iris being in my IGN for quite some time already.)

justmetoo
03-07-2015, 11:57 PM
I tried 2 or 3 different female names, one being common enough and similar enough to my male name (but not a variation on it, as there really isn't a common and nice-sounding femme variant of my male name). Those names didn't really suit me though. Then I tried to find a gender neutral name that would work en femme or en homme, because I'm still me either way I'm dressed. I did find a couple, used one for a little while, but it didn't quite fit. So I've been using the other which fit better, but it is almost entirely used only as a female name in the US, even though it's more commonly a male name in its place of origin. So, even though it fits me much better, it still is different from my male name and would be odd to use in male mode. Ideally I would've preferred if my given name was gender-neutral or had a good nickname that could work in either mode. But for now, the name I use en femme is the one people I am out to in the real world know, so I'll stick with it unless something that suits me better comes along (not holding my breath).

Sara Ann
03-08-2015, 12:05 AM
I settled on a version of my name at left just because it had no relation to my male name, it was still common enough among women my age, and I liked it. I usually spell it (for my alter ego's mail and catalogs) with an H on the end, though.

I thought many times about changing it, especially since a former governor of ours gave all Sarahs a bad name.

MissTee
03-08-2015, 12:21 AM
I had only one: Misty.
After all these years I still love it.

Nancy Sue
03-08-2015, 01:11 AM
My male name is unisex, but when writing it one day in the 4th grade I realized that the way I had written the first letter looked like the N, and the fourth letter looked like the c, and it was Nancy. My mom wanted a girl, and would have named me Barbara, but that didn't bond in my head. One of my brothers called me Nancy a few times, too - if only he had known. I can see you as a Beth. Maybe a Traci Beth.

LookingGlass
03-08-2015, 01:18 AM
My ex-wife and I were brainstorming some names at her request one night. She kept coming up with different names but none of them felt right. I mentioned Danielle as a name (my mother had mentioned before if I had been born a girl she would've named me Danielle. Plus, I like the duplicity of the nickname "Dani" from it) and it stuck.

divamissz
03-08-2015, 02:13 AM
No, from the moment "Zelda" came up that was that.

TinaZ
03-08-2015, 02:49 AM
While originally selecting your femme name, did you have some runner up choices, or ever consider changing your name?
I recently told a gg friend that I cross-dressed, and that my girl name was Traci. She saw me fully dressed and thought I'd make a better "Beth".

Maybe you could go with Traci Beth? That has a lovely ring.

For me, Tina was my first choice and it seems to fit. But I've always been Shakespearean about names. Tina by any other name would be as sweet, I'd say.

Nikkilovesdresses
03-08-2015, 03:12 AM
How dare she!!

Imagine being introduced to someone called Steve, finding out intimate things about them, then telling them they should change their name to Mike, because it would suit them better.

Tell her to take a running whatever at a doughnut, and you call yourself Traci until it pleases you to call yourself something else.

Beverley Sims
03-08-2015, 06:30 AM
Unlike some reactions here, I think it is a valid conversation piece from someone who has not had to deal with it.

I have said to some that they would make a better Bill than Ashley as they look so macho.

A girl named Mary was told she was a good candidate for tiffany as she looked lithe and lovely.

Mary to me was a woman that was taller and occupied more space in the world.

No I do not mean overweight!

pixitrace
03-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Traci Beth does sound pretty nice. I'll give that some thought. thanks!

Jillian Faith
03-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Too funny my wife did the same thing! I originally was going by the name Debbie but when my wife saw me dressed she proclaimed that I looked more like a Jill.

paulaprimo
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
it was always paula for me... and when i remembered that was debra winger's name in
an officer and a gentleman, that sealed the deal. lol
only because we met, i can never see you as a "beth", you are a perfect traci!
beth could work as a middle name if you like it, but for a middle name i think marie fits you...
traci marie... now thats music to my ears :)

Rachel292
03-08-2015, 10:14 AM
As posted in another thread a long while ago. I knew what I would have been called, so that was it, I didn't really have a choice.

Sharon B.
03-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Tried a couple of different ones but liked Sharon better.

Anna Stouf
03-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Have you ever known something, but don't know why, or how, you know it, but you just do. For some reason you just know it. That's the way it is with my name. I've always known my name is Anna. I knew it way back in grade school. So it just is.

DanaR
03-09-2015, 12:22 AM
My wife didn't like the name that I had chosen, and told me she like Dana. That was about 25 years ago.

Adriana Moretti
03-09-2015, 02:06 AM
I love your name.....especially the play on words in your last name....it fits you perfect. You want to laugh...my FIRST name....which I now call my "stripper" name, was Crystal Shannon......ha ha......hopefully see you soon.....xoxo

TinaZ
03-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Gentlemen, please welcome to the stage - Crystal Shannon!

justmetoo
03-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Not Crystal Shandeleer? ;)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
03-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I went with the name I'm using now based on my biological last name (which is "Lovely")
. My first name Bethany was the one I gravitated to after a few years as Gothic Zarabeth ;) Kinda got over a lot of my gothic phase and wanted a more proper sounding monicker, especially for official correspondence :)

pixitrace
03-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Paula, thanks!

Adrianna - sounds like a potential new thread idea: stripper name / favorite drag performer name

we all need to get together and dine (Italian!)

toniloraine
03-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I named myself Toni Lorraine after my male name. Mywife and her friends call me Paula after officer and a gentleman.

Valentina
03-29-2015, 02:15 PM
My girl's name, I chose it as a child. I was 6 years old and attending the first grade. In my class there was a beautiful little girl, green eyes, blonde hair bob. I was madly in love with her! ;-)
I've never forgotten and her name, Valentina, has become my name.

BYE