PDA

View Full Version : The week ahead

MissTee
03-08-2015, 01:28 AM
I just finished basting my nails with Revlon's Top Speed "Cherry." Not usually my first choice in polish, but it's polish, it's red, and it comes off easy. The act of dressing up my nails was refreshing and a "good for the soul" exercise in preparation for the coming week.. Likewise, I've booked a day at the spa this coming Friday. Mani/pedi, facial, massage, etc. It's my first chance to unwind at a spa in about 4 months.

Preceding that, though, I have a l-o-n-g week ahead of me. I will be in a different city every day of the week and am looking at 12-15 hour days each day not including travel time. Days filled with presentations and lectures and group gatherings guaranteed to sap my energy.

I remember in past days when I was not comfortable with myself or accepting of who I am and what I need, I would never step foot in a spa. Certainly not for a mani/pedi. Consequently, I would carry all that stress generated from a week like the one coming up and I would hold it all in for a long, long time. Anymore, between walking, cycling, spa regimens and of course dressing I find I keep stress to a minimum. Hope it helps me live longer, too.

Anyone else here find your dressing contributes significantly to your well-being, and that accepting yourself and your dressing helps you navigate daily stress much better?

Katey888
03-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Yes - I get that.. :)

And the reverse is true too - when you think you're going to get a little "dressing" and it doesn't come off, it really rankles... and your comment on nails hit my sore spot today. On Saturdays I would usually collect my nonagenarian M-in-Law to come for for afternoon tea with my wife (so delightfully British... :lol:) and then take her home after a huge gossip session. Then Saturday evening my wife and I would watch a movie together and I could relax and paint my nails and have the pleasure of glossy talons all through Sunday... but yesterday my wife postponed tea until this afternoon; so no nails (the M-in-Law would never understand...) and all I can do is a clear coat... :( It would have made such a difference to my day just to be able to do regular things with a splash of colour... oh well...

Sounds like you have a busy and exhausting week ahead - take care in your travelling and enjoy your spa day! :cheer:

Katey x

Beverley Sims
03-08-2015, 06:40 AM
As long as I can dress comfortably and without stress, I expect to increase my longevity by about10 percent.

On a yearly reassessment I could last forever.:)

DianneM
03-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Hi,
Don't know if i was the stress of keeping the secret but I was a chronic nail bitter. After coming out I have not bitten them once, too pretty. Grew them out and keep a matte top coat on them all week. Only get colour occasionally. Was the first thing I did after coming out, paint my nails. Felt great.

Rachel292
03-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Yes - I get that.. :)

And the reverse is true too - when you think you're going to get a little "dressing" and it doesn't come off, it really rankles... and your comment on nails hit my sore spot today. On Saturdays I would usually collect my nonagenarian M-in-Law to come for for afternoon tea with my wife (so delightfully British... :lol:) and then take her home after a huge gossip session. Then Saturday evening my wife and I would watch a movie together and I could relax and paint my nails and have the pleasure of glossy talons all through Sunday... but yesterday my wife postponed tea until this afternoon; so no nails (the M-in-Law would never understand...) and all I can do is a clear coat... :( It would have made such a difference to my day just to be able to do regular things with a splash of colour... oh well...

Sounds like you have a busy and exhausting week ahead - take care in your travelling and enjoy your spa day! :cheer:

Katey x

I agree, nothing more frustrating than when the all anticipated event does not happen.

I'm much more content and less frustrated though , in more recent times. As I've now settled into Rachel Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on most weeks with other opportunities in between. Unfortunately to maintain the family commitments and do certain things , bob mode is still required.

Must admit , I had a lovely afternoon yesterday, out having an impromptu afternoon tea and a chat for a couple of hours, with a Cis-woman friend , at a local Farm Shop with a tea rooms, then going clothes and grocery shopping before going home. Having previously cancelled an evening meal out at a restaurant with a local trans living group for yesterday evening. Yesterday was a really good day.

pamela7
03-08-2015, 09:52 AM
yes Katey, so last night I took off the nail polish, and we didn't even get to the gym this morning!!! aaarghhh

Janet161
03-09-2015, 08:15 AM
I totally agree with your premise. The opposite is also sadly true. Lack of opportunity for dressing increases stress, etc.