PDA

View Full Version : Finally hung out with another CDer!

Alice_2014_B
03-09-2015, 05:30 PM
This was really amazing!
Even though this was an audition to be in a CD/TG band, I pretty much already had the spot (you can see pre-audition pics in another post of mine). I arrived at his place Saturday in drab with all my stuff to change and my bass equipment.
He was already dressed up when I got there. I ended up being WAY less nervous than I imagined; actually wasn't really nervous at all.
It didn't take me long to decide to go on ahead and change. I mean both of us were in six inch stilettos the entire time (platforms of course). We talked about the military, work, and everything all night. We had pizza and later watched T.V. That was also my first time eating whilst dressed up!
I even got some pointers on doing my eye makeup better and a real nice hand-me-down corset that was too small for him; fits me perfect!
It’s going to be really fun going out on “girl’s night” with him and his other CD/TG friends.

:)

pamela7
03-09-2015, 05:53 PM
how cool is that? awesome, congratulations, sharing this is so much more than being alone!

janeycdbbw
03-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Excellent , hope you continue and have a good time, wish I could join ya... hope you post where we can come and see the band too.

Amy Fakley
03-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Wow, that's really cool! I've always wanted to play in a band in girl mode. So what sort of music are you ladies playing?

Lori Kurtz
03-09-2015, 06:37 PM
A CD/TG band? Wow ... I had no idea there was such a thing. I guess the times really are changing, and that's good news.
Congratulations, and have fun, girlfriend!

Victoria Demeanor
03-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi Alice, yes I remember your other post and of course those heels, did I mention that I loved those heels.....?
This is great to hear and although you didn't come right out and say it, I am guessing the audition went well. That is wonderful baby and please post us so video's of you gals playing.
Thanks for keeping us updated
Victoria D ;)

Suzie Petersen
03-09-2015, 08:40 PM
That's great Alice! Good for you!!
There have been a few CD/TG bands before but I feel we are ready for a new one!!

Hug
Suzie

CountessVF
03-09-2015, 08:58 PM
What are you going to call the band? Estro-gents? I think it's awesome you want to be known for something I have to keep hidden.

Alice_2014_B
03-09-2015, 09:14 PM
The band just went through a massive reorganization; right now it is just myself, the founder on keyboards/vocals, and a drummer. The band name is "Stiff Kitty".
I'm not sure how it goes on here with band promotion or looking for members.
We will just be doing covers, already getting:

"Our Lips Are Sealed" The Go-Go's
“Let’s Go” The Cars
“One Headlight” The Wallflowers
“Hella Good” No Doubt
“Stupid Girl” Garbage

justmetoo
03-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun - hanging out and the band itself.

CountessVF
03-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Stiff Kitty. Brilliant. YouTube? Upload once you girls get playing.

Shinya
03-12-2015, 01:41 PM
I would like to hear you's play , mp3's ? maybe ?

The band just went through a massive reorganization; right now it is just myself, the founder on keyboards/vocals, and a drummer. The band name is "Stiff Kitty".
I'm not sure how it goes on here with band promotion or looking for members.
We will just be doing covers, already getting:

"Our Lips Are Sealed" The Go-Go's
“Let’s Go” The Cars
“One Headlight” The Wallflowers
“Hella Good” No Doubt
“Stupid Girl” Garbage

Beverley Sims
03-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Never shared a lot of time with other CD'ers but I had the same type of euphoria hanging out with a bunch of totally supportive girls, I did live the dream for a while years ago.

Adriana Moretti
03-13-2015, 02:45 AM
that sounds like so much fun!!! I always wanted to do something fun like that too ( i can hold a beat on a drumset) I'm not great....but i can get by LOL....meeting and hanging with other cd's is REALLY awesome...I always look forward to seeing my gal pals . xoxo

Natalie cupcake
03-13-2015, 10:54 PM
That sounds so awesome!!! I'm so jealous of you. I Wish I lived closer so I could hear you girls play.

Alvie
03-14-2015, 09:21 AM
I am soo envious.. I can't wait to get myself together and get out and join the sisterhood :-)

Tracii G
03-14-2015, 11:14 AM
I hope you girls have a great time.
Love the name!!!

Alice_2014_B
03-15-2015, 04:50 PM
I will share any video link I can.
Thank you all.

ChristinaK
03-16-2015, 01:07 AM
What a fantastic and fun opportunity! Good for you. So many of us have to be alone.

Raquel Maire
03-16-2015, 07:01 PM
I know that I'm new but would love to meet some CDs in the 505 area. Lets go out together and have some fun. I need to go out with a supportive sister. Lets hold hands and hope for the best!!!

Angie G
03-16-2015, 07:09 PM
That's awesome Alice.:hugs:
Angie

GenieGirl
03-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Sounds like you girls really hit it off! Good luck with the band! Would love to see a cd band live hehe

"Gabriela"
03-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Sounds like coool thing to do! Bass player here too :D bass players are the coolest XD

Alice_2014_B
03-17-2015, 10:13 AM
It was a blast just hanging out at his house. Its awesome because he already has a ton of experience dressed up out in public. I was originally just looking for needed bass players on Craigslist. It was both odd and amazing, walking around in someone else's house in a dress and heels. The oddness quickly wore off.

Dana44
03-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Hey I'm a lead/rhythm guitar player, all of you bass players. Heck let's get together and play some time.