PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to go in salt lake city?

Pamela girl
02-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I am going to be in SLC for the next few days it looks like. Any cd freindly places or sisters there?

Jerigirl
02-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi,

I'm Jeri. Been crossdressing for years. I've lived in Salt Lake all my life, and know of no place whatsoever to go out. Are you kidding me? This is mormonville. Crossdressing is probably the furthest thing from most people's minds. If I'm wrong, you will soon find out. Many of the people here are a very close match to some of the Quakers you'll find in Pennsylvania. Sorry girl, for a good time, go to San Francisco, Florida, California, or some other place where people have open minds. This just "isn't the place."

Jeri Girl

Sharon
02-02-2006, 01:38 AM
This is an alternative newspaper site I found by just doing a search for "Salt Lake City" and "transgender club." In it there are listings of assorted gay, lesbian and transgender events and places to meet. I'm sure with a little more search you can find other sites.

http://www.slweekly.com/index.cfm

christine55
02-02-2006, 01:40 AM
We have a larger percent of Mormons here than in SLC. I do get out on occasions but I can fool some of the people most of the time and don't really stand out when I do. No place for cd'ers to go here either. I'm glad we have no straight edgers here.
Hugs, Christine

Cathy Anderson
02-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I've lived in Salt Lake all my life, and know of no place whatsoever to go out. Are you kidding me? This is mormonville.[Crossdressing is probably the furthest thing from most people's minds.
Right, from their conscious minds. And for that very reason their "shadow" has to find some way to break out and express itself. :)

Anyway, there's bound to be some gay bars in SLC, maybe even one with a drag show. As a general rule, if there's a drag show you should be welcome en femme.

Cathy

Butterfly Bill
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I visited Temple Square in a floral print rayon dress in 2003. All of the young people in the missionary schools were very friendly and trying out their pitches on me, as they were on all the other visitors. Also went into the Deseret Press bookstore and got me a big illustrated family edition of the Book of Mormon, as well as a few CDs of the choir. Nobody mentioned my attire over the course of two days. (But I'm sure if I started attending one of their churches regularly, the ward leader would be inviting me into the office for a little chat.)