PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my estradiol today

Dianne S
03-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Yes, I know there are a million threads like this, but I can't help it... I'm so happy! Got my HRT prescription today! This marks a huge milestone for me.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-11-2015, 03:48 PM
I hear you Dianne!!!!

I hope you have a great experience with it and it helps you live the life you deserve!!

Rachel Smith
03-11-2015, 03:57 PM
No worries Dianne I think each one of us is guilty of the same thing as yourself. I hope you get the relief you seek and need.

Hugs
Rachel

Jennifer-GWN
03-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Dianne;

Welcome aboard. Put your tray table up and fasten your seatbelts. Pay attention to the safety cards in the seat pocket in front of you. We are expecting a smooth flight today maybe with the occasional bits of turbulence but we are here to minimize the discomfort and ensure your journey is a pleasant one.

Hear this so often from a travel perspective and always thought it applied so well here as well.

Cheers and best wishes... Jennifer

Leah Lynn
03-11-2015, 04:19 PM
It's news that won't make the headlines, but it's sure earth shattering, fantastic news to each of us when that moment comes! Congratulations, girl.

Hugs,

Leah

Jorja
03-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Congratulations, you are off and running. Now be honest, did you take the first dose in the parking lot?

STACY B
03-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Great,,, Now your on your way ,, Congrats enjoy yourself .

Promethea
03-11-2015, 08:37 PM
And after a million threads like this, every new one still makes us happy. I can't wait for the day when I start my own.

Karolyn
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Congratulations, Dianne!!

I know how you feel, I just picked up my first Spiro and Estradiol today too! I am not going to create the millionth and one thread for it, let's party together! I am really happy for you, you probably feel so free and ready for your new adventure, right? Or do you feel scared to take the first pill soon? As my gender therapist warned me, there might be a freak out period right before starting, and I think I am having it a bit, but at the same time, I cannot wait to start!

Big hugs,
Karolyn

Sarah M
03-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Fantastic Dianne :) The start of an incredible Journey ahead :)

PretzelGirl
03-12-2015, 12:50 AM
Woo-hoo for both of you! These deserve a post. This is a special day and you should feel good about it.

Dianne S
03-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Thanks everyone! @Jorja... no, I had the self-control to wait an hour until I could take it with food. :)

@Karolyn... Congratulations! I know how excited you must feel. No, I was not scared at all to start. I'm totally ready for this. In fact, when I left the doctor's office with the prescription I was practically skipping down the street. Even the weather which had been utterly frigid for ages where I live was warm and sunny---almosts as if the environment was sensing my mood!

Edit: By the way, Karolyn, looking at your avatar I would have sworn you'd been on HRT for months already! Your skin is beautiful and your features are very feminine. You are very lucky.

I Am Paula
03-12-2015, 07:04 AM
Both of you...welcome to our very weird club!!

Eringirl
03-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Congrats to both of you !!! Hope everything goes well... :cheer:

Ann Louise
03-12-2015, 10:51 AM
It certainly is huge hun. Congratulations and best of luck on your journey ^_^

Barbara Ella
03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
This is such a monumentous development in a girl's life that it deserves a thread each time it happens. Congratulations! It is the first of many such steps for you dear. Enjoy.

Barbara

Michelle789
03-13-2015, 12:15 AM
Dianne,

Congratulations on getting your HRT!!! This is a huge milestone in your transition, and it's okay to start threads for important milestones. I've done the same thing!!!

Karolyn
03-13-2015, 12:25 AM
By the way, Karolyn, looking at your avatar I would have sworn you'd been on HRT for months already! Your skin is beautiful and your features are very feminine. You are very lucky.

Thank you, I take that as a great compliment :o But that picture is the best one I have among more than 2000, it was not always that nice. I was very lucky with the lighting, it definitely helped a lot. I really love that photo, that is when looking at it that I took my decision of transitioning. It was me on that photo! The real me! For the skin, it is actually not that smooth, I have a lot of makeup and the image is small for the avatar, so it smoothes it. I am still working on the skin to be smoother, and it works, but I still am looking forward to the effects of hormones on it.

Again, congratulations!

Karen62
03-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Dianne (and Karolyn), this is a big step, one that will help us get to where we should have been a long time ago. I just started my own on HRT regimen on March 5th, so I'm right there with you. I am so glad you did post this news -- why else is this forum here but to hear these good news messages and to support one another?

I didn't to the parking lot thing as Jorja (and others have) mentioned, but only because I had a first-time injection to do. But it was get home, get down to business, and then get on with life. I look forward to comparing notes with both of you as we each take our own journeys forward. How wonderful to hear this news!!

Karen