PDA

View Full Version : Is there a third sex

Melinda G
02-02-2006, 02:15 AM
I was married for 17 years, and had two long relationships for about five years each. I enjoyed the sex, and often forgot about dressing for months at a time. But it always comes back, as we know. And I was always somewhat frustrated at not being able to fully enjoy the crossdressing, during the relationships. After the last relationship ended, I haven't bothered to get involved with any women, although I have many opportunitys. I have no interest in men, so i don't feel that I am gay. But I have little interest in women anymore either. But the crossdressing is as powerful as ever, and without a current relationship, I can fully enjoy the dressing, shave all over, and leave my stuff out around the house. Currently, given the choice of sex with a woman, or an evening of dressing and going out, I would much prefer dressing and going out. Maybe it sounds selfish, but when I'm all shaved and dressed and going out, I can devote all my attention to pleasing myself, instead of someone else. I'm not gay, but turned off on women, so where does that fit in?:)

Helen MC
02-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Melinda, I am with you in this. I am not in any way attracted to men in a sexual context and do find women physically attractive but to be blunt I found sexual intercourse to be just about the most over-rated activity in life, falling far below a nice walk in the countryside, a good meal, listening to a fine piece of music, viewing some great work of art etc. As I posted on another Thread , on autogynephilia, when dressed feel my feminine side come to the fore and I am fully satisfied in that even in the sexual sense.

However, I would say there are two biological sexes (albeit there are hermaphrodites) but many Genders.

milli
02-02-2006, 05:01 AM
i agree about the differing genders aspect. i have recently been thinking about the different levels of the transvestic spectrum. i would love to work out some levels from male to female with levels and sub levels. maybe this has been done already, if anyone knows where please let me know. i would appreciate anyones input to this because at present i can only realistically put it together on my viewpoint, which i'm afraid is very fetishistic with active bisexual aspects. as i'm still thinking about it, i havn't reached a definitive idea of what i want. but for example, the level to which we dress, the reason, how often, when. as i have got older and the sex thing is strong i have found that to be at home and dressed is a comfort thing, emotionally i mean. the funny thing of course is i don't want to be a woman, but i dont want to be a man either, confusing. anyway i would love to try and put some loose perspective in the whole "T" thing. my apologies for rambling.

Helen MC
02-02-2006, 05:44 AM
How long is a piece of string? A very difficult question but I will try to have a go.

Apart from true Hermaphrodites, born with the genitalia of both male and female or with ambigious organs, let us for the argument accept that there are two physical sexes although of course those who have "sex change" surgery in the everyday language will thus become the sex of their choice and are now at least in the UK, recognised as such as regards Birth Certificates. Passports, Driving Licences etc. I will try to address the matter of the various Genders, which of course are psychological and emotional rather than merely physical.

This is the spectrum as I see it.

Heterosexual Male -Macho. "your typical man"
Heterosexual Male - aesthetic, strong feminine aspects but not CD
Heterosexual Male with minor CD aspects e.g. wearing panties only
Heterosexual Male with full TV tendencies, goes out en-femme.
Autogyne Male , autoerotic with partial or full CD/TV aspects
Celebate Asexual Male
Bi-sexual Male

Homosexual Male Macho, Butch, Dominant
Homosexual Male Femme "Girly" "Queen" submissive

Heterosexual Female- Femme. "your everday woman"
Heterosexual Female with "Tomboy" personality and lifestyle
Heterosexual Female with F to M CD tendencies from minor to full "Drag King"
Celebate Asexual Female
Bi-sexual Female

Lesbian "Femme" submissive
Lesbian "Butch" "Bull Dyke" Dominant

Transgendered/Transexual individuals and those who suffer from Gender Dysphoria , Female in a male body and vice versa.

I am NOT an expert nor a psychologist and no doubt many here will disagree but that is how I see the various categories although there are no doubt many additional facets I have not covered.

Cathy Anderson
02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Some cultures consider those who can "marry themselves" to be quite fortunate.

Shamans, priests, mystics, artists, alchemists--these are people who are able to integrate female/yin and male/yang (approximate terms only) energies.

It would seem plausible to suggest that humankind benefited considerably
by evolving individuals who could contribute to society in ways other than
rutting :)

That said, I don't think anyone is a pure type--neither masculine, feminine, nor "third gender."

Here's a link you might enjoy:

http://zbohy.zatma.org/Dharma/zbohy/Literature/ZenCows/zencows-5a.html

and here is my own humble offering:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cathytg/alchemy.htm

>I'm not gay, but turned off on women, so where does that fit in?:)

I believe that the more I accept my own 'feminine' qualities, the more I appreciate these same qualities in women, the less envious I am of women, and the less I narrowly view women in terms of these qualities.

Cathy

Natalie x
02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Blonde question from Natalie - What is autoerotic?

:GE:

Cathy Anderson
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
This is the spectrum as I see it.

Heterosexual Male -Macho. "your typical man"
Heterosexual Male - aesthetic, strong feminine aspects but not CD
Heterosexual Male with minor CD aspects e.g. wearing panties only

Hi Helen,

This is a good list of categories and as such are very relevant to the question.

I would only offer that these categories cannot be placed in any obvious way along a single dimension or spectrum. Maybe a multi-dimensional model is required.

Cathy

Angela Burke
02-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Grace,
I think "autoerotic" is a posh way of saying "playing with yourself".