PDA

View Full Version : Excess weight

Sometimes Steffi
03-13-2015, 05:12 AM
Not to hijack the thread on weight loss

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?225692-Weight-and-body-image/page2

I wonder if society's view of being overweight, particularly as a woman, is worse than society's view of being trans.

In both cases, society thinks it is willful, when it really may physiological or genetic.

Vickie_CDTV
03-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Sadly, society's views of lots of different people is pretty sick.

Kate Simmons
03-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Although some progress has been made using plus sized GG models, the skinny ones still seem to set the "standard" for the fashion world and therefore society in general. It's nothing but a big ongoing fairy tale really.

Meghan4now
03-13-2015, 08:03 AM
I've never heard of being murdered for being overweight.

While poor treatment of overweight people and bullying is common, I don't think it is seen in nearly the negative light as Trans something or other. You want real vitriol? Try overweight and less attractive trans. "CDING is ok as long as (s) he is pretty enough"......right.

But you are right. Women in particular are treated as second class if they are significantly over weight. Men in the obese category are too at a lesser extent. So it's up to all of us to be good examples of how to treat each other. We may not change the world overnight but we can chip away.

-M.

STACY B
03-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Don't really know where you live but here over weight is so common that the smaller people are the Minority . Being in the south people love to eat there fried food ,,
Don't get me wrong if the two have a disagreement an one is smaller than the other the weight issue is the first line of insult ,, But other than that not much less or more discrimination seen here at least by me .

AnnieMac
03-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Weight loss is a bigger issue for cross dressing men because of our already "larger" frame for the most part. Plus size women still look like females, but nothing says creepy cross dressing dude in a dress more than a beer belly rolling out of a form fitting dress. I go up and down with my weight and now I'm over again. In my "thin days" I look more female because I appear not to be so large, especially in the arms, legs and belly. And just like GG females, going down a few dress sizes can be a big motivation. Mostly because girl clothes are so form fitting and thin. So more than breast forms and wigs, etc., I will need to lose some weight (about 45 lbs), before I add the other adornments to appear more feminine. Also, when my legs are thin, it's much easier to sit and cross my legs in a very feminine way. My legs are quite flexible when they are thin and crossing my legs cutely has more to do with their "thickness" then any problem with "my junk" getting in the way of feminine leg crossing.

The unfair part is CD guys don't HAVE wear to female clothes all the time and are also less judged about weight in male mode.
Overweight women are always judged as fat girls.

My take on it anyway - Love Fat Annie

Jaymees22
03-13-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure being trans is less excepted than being overweight. I only seem to see commercials for dieting never for changing ones gender. Hugs Jaymee

AnnieMac
03-17-2015, 03:46 PM
hmm, I would think being trans is more "excepted" but less "accepted" than being overweight.

Valery L
03-17-2015, 05:34 PM
There is no comparison. Unfortunately, being trans or even crossdresser is the worst thing at the eyes of society. Even fat girls have more respect, acceptance and are less criticized and demonized than those men who dare to use clothes made exclusively for women.

Beverley Sims
03-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I think being trans is probably considered a bigger misdemeanor than being fat.

Stephanie47
03-17-2015, 08:37 PM
With so many men and women not just overweight, but, downright obese (BMI over 30), it's difficult to throw rocks when you live in a glasshouse. I'm married to a woman with a BMI over 30. I am the retiree doing the cooking. The meals I prepare are healthy and provide all the nutrition. Can I stop her from foraging? Drinking sugar sodas? No! Her sisters are overweight. Her brothers are lean and mean, former fighting machines. My BMI with a large frame is 25 +/-. There are so many articles dealing with the subject and blaming it on DNA, compulsive disorders, etc. There is a difference between healthy overweight for women..a little cushion for illness and carrying the extra pounds in the pair shape, and, being obese or morbidly obese. Society wants a Twiggy look??? I hope not. I personally prefer a woman with something to hold onto without getting jabbed in the ribs with some knobby knee or pointy elbow.

In general society views obesity as being a choice. It may not be a intentional choice to be overweight, although I do know at least two men who like their women "plump." Who controls the food given to kids?

Men need to keep their weight in check more than women due to the manner in which men carry fat. Men tend to get beer bellies which is visceral fat strangling internal organs.

Anyway, I find very few men or women who think transgenders, and, I mean men or women who change their sex as making a personal choice. In my circle of family and friends every person bar none, think men and women can be born into the wrong body.

CountessVF
03-18-2015, 09:33 AM
My perspective on it is that general society seeing overweight GG as unattractive and having impulse control problems. However their view of those of us that tinker with gender is one of a more serious psychological disorder and therefore less socially acceptable.

I think it proves my point if you consider a group of "bros" picking up women at a bar. Who's more upset? The guy that takes home a plump GG or the one that ends up lifting the kilt to find a bigger set of knockers than his own?