PDA

View Full Version : Does Cross Dressing isolate you

CONSUELO
03-13-2015, 04:27 PM
I was at the gym today and watching a small group of women interacting in a good friendly way. I found myself drawn to them as I liked the way they talked to one another. By way of contrast I then saw a group of men in the weight room and the way in which they talked and interacted made me want to avoid them.

That got me thinking about how I relate to other people and what, if anything, it had to do with being a cross dresser. I have always been attracted to women's company and, for example if I am at a party, I much prefer to be 'hanging out' with women and chatting with them than with men.

When I see a group of men at a party or any other social gathering I do not feel like joining them as I find I do not have much in common with them and I don't enjoy the 'masculine shorthand that they use in their interaction. I don't have a group of male friends and never have wanted one, but neither do I have a group of female friends. I do relate to individual males around specific interests but I don't feel a 'male bond' at all.

I then began to wonder if this had something to do with being a life long cross dresser and whether it somehow makes you socially isolated. Am I drawn to women and their company because I am a cross dresser or is it just some other personality quirk? This site is full of threads about the relative contributions of nature or nurture to one's cross dressing and I wonder if this attraction to female company is something that marks us out. Do other cross dressers feel similarly about female versus male company?

kimdl93
03-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Mmmm, at the gym I keep to myself...and focus on my workout...nothing else. The etiquette of fitness centers is pretty much that way. But In public,I'm never shy from interacting with others.

KlaireLarnia
03-13-2015, 05:20 PM
I don't think the dressing isolates you. I have always been socially reclusive and I do not think my dressing has either made it worse or any better as a result.

I think genetically and socially men I not so prone to the social intimacies that women are. Tomorrow we have a small party for my wife's birthday and I know full well the women will sit in the kitchen, drinking and laughing a lot which is fine. The couple of men who will be my "company" will huddle round the TV and watch whatever is on generally because that is the nature of our existance.

I do not want to be "one of the girls" and join in the kitchen antics because that is not me. One of my wife's husbands speaks their language fluently and he does join in but only because he can understand them in a way we cannot.

I think our dressing my bring our natural social perspectives out a little more - and you may be more socially adept and hence are drawn to the women who match this ability - but it is not the cause of them.

Femdenise
03-13-2015, 05:47 PM
I would have to say --yes. Being divorced, I live alone. Before I started dressing I welcomed friends dropping by and just "walking in". After I starting being as feminine as possible I discouraged my friends coming around by asking them to call first. I live in a small town and have no personal friends or contacts that are cross dressers to interact socially. I dress fem a great deal, but I do not leave home. Therefore, I would have to say I am more isolated.

Jenniferathome
03-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Nope. I'd be the opposite of you then. I hang with dudes, joke with dudes and only hang with some of my wife is with me and it's her friend base. And yes, I am a life long cross dresser

AmyVanessa
03-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't actually try to avoid the men when I'm at the gym. It's more that I don't have much in common with them, as they're trying to gain weight and become more muscular, while I'm looking to be thinner and more feminine looking.
I try to change clothes in the locker room without my panties being seen,so maybe I isolate myself in that regard

Kandi Robbins
03-13-2015, 06:07 PM
I have been a crossdresser all of my life (although in denial much of that time). I grew up, became a man, developed many lifelong male relationships and friendships, participated in mostly male activities, played football and other sports, watch sports, been a husband, a father to my two wonderful daughters, etc. Been every bit a man. Then I have this other aspect to my personality, love getting dressed and interacting as if I were female. My crossdressing activities have not changed who I am, I believe it has opened me up to develop additional, but different types of relationships. No, crossdressing has no effect on the way I interact with either gender since it is who I have always been.

docrobbysherry
03-13-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm a closet dresser and began late in life. Like Denise, none of my old friends know about my "hobby". They don't drop by my house and I don't drop by theirs anymore. In fact, I hardly see them any more as I'm spending most of my social time with dressing friends now.

I've seen many posts here where folks say they r more comfortable in groups of women than men. Personally, I enjoy speaking with anyone of any gender one on one. :daydreaming:
U r allowed to speak more frankly then in social groups. I find the drivel that passes for acceptable conversation in either groups of men or women often bores me to death in short order!:doh:

Katey888
03-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Interesting perspective Consuelo - I think Klaire may have something regarding how our submerged femininity may impact how we relate to others as well as just natural social and cultural differences - but I love your example of the gym as I was thinking a similar thing this morning as I cycled, stretched, rowed, cross-trained and did some light weights... There are a few jer... erm... jocks at the gym, and they all follow the same program of individual exertions, much huffing and puffing while copiously sweating neat testosterone, it seems... The women however (who closely follow a similar workout to me - or correctly, I should say I follow them) are much more interactive and social. Some of the men can be, but there is definitely more of a sister thing going on than a brother thing.

In general - gyms aside - I've always preferred the company of GGs whether when single (and ulterior motives did play a part) or in more recent years. I rarely find the joking, sport-obsessed chat and latent misogyny of males in a pack particularly stimulating as it always seems to come down to somehow demonstrating who has the bigger - metaphorical - you-know-what... :facepalm: It's not always the case though, and I've been fortunate enough to work in professional environments where colleagues have generally been beyond that - but I don't have a large circle of male friends, and virtually zero female ones, partly thanks to having an absurdly jealous and possessive wife - and I admit I am very similar in that my male friends are often around specific interests, but I think that is more to do with the person you are rather than any gender condition.

It is possible that for some of us who feel more of a feminine vibe than others, a different sort of sensitivity may come into play and allow a subtly different interaction. I do believe I see a lot more sensitivity on this forum than I would expect normally, but there are also a few exceptions who can be insensitive, dogmatic and testosterone-laden - it's hard to generalise about any aspect of this weird and wonderful plurality we are... :)

Katey x

Sarah-RT
03-13-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm a bit shy and awkward when talking to people I don't know well but amongst my friends and other close people I'm quite social regardless of gender.

When we would be out drinking I would start off having fun with the guys but as the beers start piling up I find myself longing to chat with the girls about fashion etc but I never do, and obviously it's the alcohol involved.

When a song comes on that I'd listen to in girl mode I'll dance to it, which gets a good chuckle when seeing a 6'4" guy enjoying katy Perry or Taylor swift, if only they knew...

pamela7
03-13-2015, 07:14 PM
i look back on my life and see i generally gravitated to intelligent female company. in the gym its nods between men and little chats between women, and i've been out for coffee a few times with a lady from the gym (is okay, welshgirl knows, friendly old lady who likes to share speaking a foreign language). I remember being happier for recruiting women at my lab at the time.

Does the CD isolate me? No, definitively it brings me closer into the female world, and i feel better connected and treated in the world around. I'd never have thought that before the facts.

Adriana Moretti
03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
I kinda feel the same way you do.....most males I know ( and I mean what few guy friends I have left) I have little in common with . In fact I find them to be quite the dou$HE bag$ actually...but that does not isolate me at all from the world...( the closet does) ...i just surround myself with women , other cd's, and gay guys...to me life is more fun that way xoxo

Janine cd
03-13-2015, 08:13 PM
I have always been more comfortable in the company of women than men. I find that talking to women about personal issues is much easier than sharing them with men.

justmetoo
03-13-2015, 09:02 PM
For me, no. My natural shyness and social awkwardness isolates me, and my lack of interest in a lot of "guy" things doesn't help. But I'm just as awkward and shy (arguably, even more so) among women.

Jennifer0874
03-13-2015, 10:27 PM
It isolates me to the degree that I might choose to be alone and dress instead of going out. I've dressed since I was in my early teens. When I was younger I really did seek out my male friends to hang out. But now if my wife is out or traveling for work I choose to stay in and have Jennifer time.

Alice_2014_B
03-13-2015, 11:15 PM
I guess I can feel sort of isolated in public in regards to cross dressing. But aside from that I am a very sociable person. Once met a group of friends of my sister in-law and immediately clicked, both girls and guys alike.
So I guess cross dressing in and of itself can make me feel isolated when out with people, but it never bothers me; I never feel isolated here though.
:)

Dorit
03-14-2015, 02:26 AM
I think this question touches on some of the difference between those who see themselves as cross dressing and those who see themselves more on the transgender spectrum. For myself, from my earliest childhood I wanted to be a girl, had the emotional nature more of a female, and had very close relationships with women. Like some of you I fought this for most of my life. In the last years accepting myself as partly TG has allowed me to greatly increased my friendships with women, who anyway are the majority gender at my age! Last night we had a gathering at my house for Shabbat, my wife and I and nine other women! I loved it, I do not in the least miss male company. So for me being CD/TG has not isolated me, it has let me be open to others in the way I was meant to be.

Tracii G
03-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Not at all.
I have one group that knows I'm TG and another that doesn't.
I can function with either group with out any problems.

Teresa
03-14-2015, 03:59 AM
Consuelo,
A gym environment is not the best place to if you feel the way you do, even women act macho to a degree , and we've all been in changing rooms where you think the guys have landed from another planet !
I find my painting group is very level, I can have a sensible conversation with male or female members ! Some days we all might paint flowers and other times I might pull out an unfinished aviation picture it's all art and most members usually come to chat !
I do miss my photography because I could interact freely with women and talk about outfits, it was surprising how many men were happy to listen in ! Maybe to find out how much the outfit cost ! Putting aside the stress of the job it was a great line of work if you happened to be a CDer !
I have to admit some dinner parties end up a little awkward , I married into a farming family so most of the conversation is limited anyway and mix that with rugby talk I start to feel on the outside of things ! If you then try and join in with the women's group there's a little bit of uneasiness because of my wife and her sister knowing about my Cding !

JeanetteX
03-14-2015, 04:19 AM
Consuelo, I completely understand what your trying to say. I too prefer women's company, it seems with them its much easier for me to talk about certain feelings or emotions. I would hardly ever talk about such things with male friends. When I'm around them the usual topics are typical male things such as sports for example. Having said that I do feel I have a good balance between my male and female sides...I do enjoy my time with both male and female friends. So no...I wouldn't say CDing isolates me.

Vikky
03-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi Consuelo

You make a good point. Whilst I am quite happy to mix it with the guys I have always felt slightly on the edge of male groups. I have always found it much easier to chat with GGs and in a social environment tend to join and chat with them rather than the guys. I have also found that in a mixed group the GGs come and chat to me rather than the guys joining me. I have put this down to being a CDer and thus more sympathetic to the female ‘condition’. No one other than my SO knows of my CDing.

Vikky

Judy
03-14-2015, 06:13 AM
In my case, I have never felt comfortable in a group of men. I have never had very many close male friends and have never missed hanging with the guys. When ever my wife and I are with friends, they are usually her friends (females) and I prefer to be involved with the "girls" and join their conversations.

I'm not sure if being a lifelong CDer has anything to do with it or not. Perhaps it has something to do with having an absentee dad and doing everything with my mom and two sisters. :battingeyelashes:

Lily Catherine
03-14-2015, 06:32 AM
I have more close male friends than female friends as I spent most of my adolescence in all-male environments and have a stereotypically male interest in cars.

Any sports discussion usually shuts me off within minutes, however; something I'll have to accept or adapt to. That said, I was 'one of the girls' who wrote poetry and drew as a primary-school child, if only because I felt kicking around an inflated balloon was a horrendous waste of my recess time.

I am, however, isolated and physically alone while cross-dressed. Even those who know 'Iris' in the physical realm do not see her.

alwayshave
03-14-2015, 07:17 AM
I enjoy talking to women and being with women in a group. That being said, I like hanging with guys, going SCUBA diving, to football games, etc.... So with me I'd say its equal. As to the gym, I swim daily, so no socialization in the water and that's the way I prefer it.

Natalie cupcake
03-14-2015, 07:37 AM
When my wife and I are out with other couple friends after a while it seems that most of the men in the group go off to talk with others and I seem to find myself staying behind talking with the women in the group and most times their ok with it and like that I'm there. I seem to have better conversations with them sometimes then my male friends. I don't mind it makes my feel like one of their group.

Alvie
03-14-2015, 08:29 AM
I have Always enjoyed the company of women more than guys. Probably because I really like women.. :-) But I do find myself these days looking more at their make-up, shape of their lips and clothes. I would Love to hang out with a group of CD's..

Barbara Black
03-14-2015, 09:55 AM
I'e always been drawn to women. But I've also been repelled when they begin talking about each other and being petty. Nowadays I guess i know why I'm more at ease with them and can hold conversations much better with women.

Alice Torn
03-14-2015, 10:52 AM
I was cut off from being around girls much of my youth, hung around other misfit boys, and later , guys. Was scared of girls or women i had crushes on, too afraid to befriend them. Later, was in an unusual church, but did learn to be more at ease, and actually dated quite a few women, mostly ones a lot older than me. But, always struggled within, with a number of issues. My dad always said he was a loner, and implied that i should be one. Dating was many years ago , now. Still a single. My 66 yo sister with severe speech impediment, and emotional illness, seems to act like i should want to hang with her. People think we are married, and it really bothers me. She blows up at me when i can't understand her speech. It is ugly! It even bothers me, to the point, that i am not wanting to be close to any woman! Like Sometimes Miss has said, women have their pretty side, and we love them, but they can be very mean, too. Men can too, of course. CD isolate me? Yes, but, in spite of my progress at times at being social, I tend to like being alone, am afraid of being outed as this six foot six guy in a dress. I would like to make a few rare appearance out side the apartment, but with no lady voice, will be read if forced to interact much. A reluctant loner. I must say, though, that in the 1980's and until 1994, I was in a twice monthly church all men's speech club, and did fairly well. I could never give a speech on the fun of CDing, though. I would have been told to leave.

Marcelle
03-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Hi Consuelo,

For me I grew up in a predominately female environment (only male child in my extended family) so I was socialized in the world of girls and women from an early age but still kept my hand in the boy side of things via childhood friends and two uncles who schooled me in the way of "guys". I left home early and joined the military and from that point socialized very alpha male. However, I have always kept both feet in the social spectrum in that I can easily socialize with women and men. I will admit that when I am presenting "female" my social interaction with women is easier than it is with my male friends but I think that is more a comfort level on their part which I pick up on.

I could posit that those who feel more comfortable around women vice men may come from what some have already alluded to . . . nothing truly in common with men and more common likes with women (more to talk about). However, there could be an innate fear that men pose a threat to our kind while women are seen as more accepting. This could be something you are picking up on as well. Just my two cents.

Hugs

Isha

Stephanie47
03-14-2015, 11:33 AM
I find it easy to converse with women. Now, if the group of women are engaged in what bra to wear or cutting down friend and foe, I just ignore the group. It's the same with guys. If the men or women are really shallow, I don't feel any desire to be amongst ether group. I can and do have conversations with particular women for hours at a time. The same with men. There are many times when I think whether I should have taken up my wife's suggestion that I join a cross dressers support group. That was back in the early 1980's when I was too chicken to even consider it. Now? Well, I see really no reason to join a group of cross dressers, if all we have in common is the desire to appear en femme. I'm into building military plastic models. The act of collecting and building models is the driving force to get together, not the clothes. I guess it goes back to what's the reason for conversing with a person or group.

I have progressed past looking at gender as a qualification for interaction.

Alice Torn
03-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I can allude to what Isha said, about feeling men pose a threat to our kind. There is a fear in me, about macho men who know male me, finding out, or reading me. So, i am a little cautious in making friends with men.

Beverley Sims
03-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Dressed or drab, I often gravitate towards women.

The closest I came to men was when I was eleven or twelve, I would pull the beer at parties and be the barman.
I never drank but I did eat all the food and enjoyed myself.

It was not much later that I discovered girls, they were more interesting than pulling beer, so I pulled the girls in instead.

I found if I made myself interesting they would clamour around and ask questions.

The secret was to ask them about themselves and they would do likewise.

I rarely let any of my secrets or details get out and they would have to question me if they wanted to know anything.

This worked for me just fine.

So I was never isolated from anyone because of my dressing.

That was another private side of me that was dragged out of me about the age of eighteen.

That's another story. :)

Nikki A.
03-14-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm in sales and naturally outgoing. I feel comfortable with both males and females except for the obnoxious alpha males. I do however seem to get into deeper conversations with women and it seems that women open up to me more than other men. I've walked into female coworkers talking, they see it's me and they continue on like I'm one of the girls. Boy, do some of those conversations get raunchy lol.

Maria 60
03-14-2015, 05:24 PM
My wife asked me years ago why I have a lot of friends but why I don't have a really close friend or a group of close friends. She believes that I enjoy my privacy and any spare time I would rather be dressed then have a close friend. That's here theory and I believe it sounds about right.

KellyJameson
03-14-2015, 08:09 PM
If you have been like this since birth your brain may not have experienced the masculinizing effects of androgens in the womb to the same degree as other males, so your brain works in a more feminine manner.

This is not about sex but natural abilities and behavior. It also could effect your hearing and vision so it is not restricted to just the brain. Women have a different relationship to sound and language than men, due to evolutionary pressures.

You would naturally feel more comfortable with women because they are familiar to you as being "like you"

Because of this you may also identify "with women" more than men. This could lead you to than identifying as female if the "with" is intense enough.

That identifying "with and as" is a dance that builds gender identity in early childhood and continues through-out life. Hormonal biology combined with genetics strongly effects socialized gender identity just as it effects sexuality.

You talk like someone who may be transgendered and if it is intense enough you than tip over into transsexual territory and gender dysphoria but this always leaves evidence through identity instability (tension between identity,body and gender roles that equals conflict and confusion) so you would see the consequences somewhere and somehow in your past.

Men are created out of a female template that is changed by hormones so all men have a feminine component and are not nearly as different from women as many of them need to believe.

In the beginning gender identity is made chemically as much as it is made socially

Your style of writing is very similar to how women write. You use language like women do. Hope that is not bad news for you to hear.

Nikkilovesdresses
03-15-2015, 01:29 AM
I've come to value male company more as I've grown older, but it's taken decades. I now see people as more equal than I once did- I don't think the differences are so great in terms of good company- for one thing self-obsession is common in women, every bit as much as in men, and many women love to hog the spotlight. But a conversation about sport - any sport - leaves me cold, and I loathe bragging matches.

It's all down to individuals.

Gardener
03-15-2015, 01:42 AM
Consume lo I would wholly identify with your observation, what I am less sure about is whether it is cause or effect. When you are young it is a time of great confusion, uncertainty, change, emotion. I certainly recall the struggles to identify with specific same gender groups, feeling that I did not fit in and believing perhaps naively that girls had it so much better. At the same time I was drawn to dressing in Mum's clothes and having to. Deal with the confusion of feeling huge pleasure but also uncertainty about whether this was a good thing to be doing. I am not sure whether these are totally separate strands, one caused the other or the ther they are part of the same big picture. As an adult I feel far less socially isolated and I attribute this to accepting the complexity of who I am and knowing that the openness I have now been able to show to my wife about it could be replicated to others if it became an issue. I do not see myself as a bad person as I did for many years.

MelodyS.
03-15-2015, 02:26 AM
I have always been a bit of a loner. I never really got along with guys growing up due to lack of interest in sports and other so called prove your yourself as a man type actions. Most of my life has been filled with friends that were female. I have had and still have close male friends that I have found a common interest in, such as comics, cartoons, videogames..etc, etc..basically being a geek/ nerd in the 80's when it was not considered cool is what mostly caused my isolation.

Sindyca
03-15-2015, 04:06 AM
Crossdressers are different we are isolated bacause people see that we bursting with different life energy and that energy isnt his or hers we are special and of course we are isolated.

CONSUELO
03-15-2015, 12:08 PM
The reference to the gym was only because while there I began to observe and think about this issue.

I grew up in a very feminine environment with a Father who worked long hours. I always have had a passing interest in team sports but I participated in individual sports such as swimming where, while we had both a men's and a woman's team we always swam together and competed together. As a child I played with boys but I always found myself attracted by women and enjoyed socializing with them. Same at parties where I preferred to be talking to women rather than with a group of men. I am also repelled by any coarse and loud male behaviour.

I was struck by KellyJameson's comment about my writing style being 'feminine'. I find that interesting but not at all bothersome.

Anyway, perhaps I did not explain myself well in the original post. I really posed two questions.
Does being a cross dresser mean that you are more attracted to the company and conversation of women?
Second, does the inability to related well to men plus the preference for women'c company tend to socially isolate you?

Alice_2014_B
03-18-2015, 07:21 AM
I thought about this thread more since I posted in it earlier. I went out for my sister in-law’s birthday party to several bars with friends. Part of me wanted to just show a stranger, only after engaging in a conversation, the pictures of me dressed up playing bass and mentioning the band.
Only one friend of mine, aside from my wife and several CD friends know. Well, she showed some pics to her wife, so she knows too, but I don’t know her wife that well, I just know that she is pretty chill and opened minded about such things.
So basically I kind of wish I could just tell people about it like anything else openly about my life.
:)

CONSUELO
03-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Yes Alice, holding a secret from others for years and years and being 'fearful' of being found out, can be a great strain and does make you feel isolated.

JessicaMann
03-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't have many friends, of the few guys that I associate with, I have little in common. I seem to get along and relate better to women. but I have fewer female friends, as my wife gets jealous thinking I'm sleeping with them! SOO NOT THE CASE!!! I just don't like the "typical" guy mentality..... it seems like it's all sex, sex, sex, football!!! and maybe, sex while watching football!?!? they cheapen and dirty it!!!! I feel it should be more sensual and caring!!! so, I guess, that's why I'm withdrawn. :brolleyes:

StarrOfDelite
03-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Consuelo: I don't want to speculate long distance on why you feel isolated, but I recognize something of the same sort in myself. My take on it is that it has nothing to do with either my gender ambiguity or my sexual ambiguity.

It seems to me the issue is whether that feeling, whether we call it isolation or just being not attracted to the behavior in question, is something you can accept, or whether it is something which you dislike about yourself. I think that whether a person is drawn to a group of people originally begins with whether or not it is part of one's personality to desire to bond with a group. I'm not sure whether that is a "Nature" or "Nurture" impulse, and don't really care for purposes of this thread. I do, however, think that if one who is a loner listens to too much American pop culture, that it can engender feelings of guilt because it isn't behavior which the Consumer Society encourages. I refer, just as an example, to the BW3 commercials about the "gang" praying for overtime so they can stay around the saloon and guzzle more beer and burgers and hanging-out together. Even if the last damn thing you might choose to do on planet Earth is drink beer and watch sports in a bar, a person tends to get a feeling of false nostalgia for the experience (feeling a sense of loss for a place or activity which one has never actually experienced).

I tend to be a loner, and enjoy doing things which can be done alone: e.g. hiking, road bicycling, downhill skiing, reading, playing video games, listening to music, and working out at the gym. I mostly avoid things where there is an element of Good-Old_Boy'ism, such as regular weekend Golf foursomes, poker clubs, and such. I'm not anti-social, I can be a regular Chatty Kathy in conversations with both women and men, but I really don't seem to need social intercourse with other people to survive happily. To be simplistic, I've been part of groups, but have never felt that any group was part of my identity. And, as best I an tell, this personality type is applicable to both my feminine and masculine parts. I've been with groups when there have been 3-4-5 women and I'm the only male, and I've had fun, but the feminine side of me has never felt the need to be part of that type of bonded group.

I know that there are people who just feel better about themselves when they are part of a convivial group, but it's not me. Most importantly, I don't feel guilty about not wanting that.

Alice Torn
03-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Starr, I see things very much like you, in this. A loner, who in the right situation is not too much of one. But, i am not comfortable much with anyone now, except my cats.

je55ie
03-21-2015, 02:13 PM
it is very sad to say that yes it really does. I have been hurt before, badly and i tend to hide myself away a lot as i have serious trust issues with everyone in person. I do try often to bring myself out of my shell but as i try more and more to make my crossdressing into my transitioning i find i am being myself more and more and doing that means i am on my own more and more. It makes me so sad too though as i am really a very passionate and friendly person, i adore hugs and cuddles and i have so much love to give so i really should be so out there it hurts! <3

Vickie_CDTV
03-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Dressing doesn't isolate me in of itself. I am an introvert, and that is what isolates me more than anything... but having something in my life, even a small one, that I can't openly express probably doesn't help.

Alice K
03-22-2015, 12:23 PM
What comes first the chicken or the egg. Is the feeling of isolation, which I too have felt all my grown life, the result of not fitting cleanly in the male camp. And because of secondary sexual characteristics not fitting cleanly in the female camp no matter how much we might like to fit. And the cross dressing is a wonderful by-product or compensation for being neither in either camp fully.

And since cross dressing has such a social stigma it further isolates a person in what is many ways a solitary activity. (except for the lucky few with encouraging spouses).

One person's view.

Alice

Alice Torn
03-22-2015, 04:32 PM
ALice K. Well said, for us who are isolated loners for the most part. From another Alice.

trishacd
03-27-2015, 10:28 PM
i have the same expierience

Fany27ab
03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
I am very social, even my wife always say me "you know everyone in the town"
I dont have a preference between talking with males or females, but when i dress with something girly thing i prefer being whit females, because i think theres a little more comprehensives

Alice K
03-28-2015, 06:30 AM
ALice K. Well said, for us who are isolated loners for the most part. From another Alice.

Thank you Alice Torn. What is amazing is the number of girls who post the joy of being dressed and the euphoria they may feel. Now isn't it a shame that, in many cases because of familial or societal constraints, that they have to hide that light of joy under a basket. How wonderful if those joyful feeling could be shared with those they love. What a lift for everyone.

laurenp245
03-28-2015, 09:48 PM
I honestly believe that not only does it not isolate us, having this dual-minded existence allows us to equally relate to both men and women in the world. I prefer the conversations with women far more because they are more "real" conversations about life, family, and emotions and not just the same ole jargon about sports and hunting (which I've no clue about BTW). I am just as comfortable in conversations with my uncle about his new hot rod that he is working on as I am about sitting around the table with the ladies after Thanksgiving dinner looking at all the black friday shopping deals that they we are about to pounce upon! That's the beauty of being born this way, it opens the entire world up to us and gives us the ability to relate to both women and men equally. While it may not be known to all, we know in our minds we have certainly spent some quality time in both their shoes!

veronicapvc
03-29-2015, 04:01 AM
when i read the initial note about being in the gym it really resonated with me

for me i do feel isolated as a transvestite and feel sometimes uncomfortable around macho males. the fear being that they sense my lack of masculinity and may mock or jibe me.

if i spend more time with male friends then they are more likely to find out so do find it frustrating. so i tend to keep myself to myself.

sad that society cant handle this aspect of our culture but our identity defines us so being of two halve does confuse people.....ho hum