PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at Wal Mart

Jeri Ann
03-14-2015, 05:35 AM
On 3/2/15 I posted that I travel pretty when I go see my mom who is in the hospital two hours away. This week I have made five trips. Day before yesterday I had planned to stop on the way and shop at WalMart. When I left home it was raining lightly. The farther down the road I got the worse the weather got. Two miles from my exit the traffic was stopped. The interstate was closed due to an accident ahead. It took an hour for the traffic to move and get to the WalMart which was only a half mile away. When I get there it is raining sideways and water is standing several inches deep. I am bummed out. I was so looking forward to shopping pretty and I needed some things too, but I decide that it was not worth getting wet. Yesterday, however, the weather was better and I got to shop. I had not shopped since Christmas and was out of the groove so to speak and was a little nervous. Once I put my purse in the basket and entered the store I was liberated. What a pleasure it is to be out and about while being myself. It was a wonderful experience. Feeling good and needed to share.

Jeri

Alice_2014_B
03-14-2015, 06:06 AM
Thanks for sharing Jeri.
I always wondered what it would be like going out dressed up in some real inclement weather.
:)

kimdl93
03-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Any day out en femme is a good day, right?

Alvie
03-14-2015, 08:42 AM
I am looking forward to the day that it All (makeup clothes wig shoes etc..) comes together and I go out.. Great story thanks for sharing.. You look incredible..:-)

Beverley Sims
03-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Sometimes it takes a lot of planning to go shopping dressed.

The one thing I relate to is getting caught in a heavy shower and walking into Selfridges in London like a drowned rat.

The snooty staff helped me out of the shop to a covered spot outside.

Where I could let the drips drain on to the wet pavement instead of their beloved store.

My identity was not in question, they apparently don't allow drowned rats in their store. :)

I was noot amused.

charlenesomeone
03-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Wonderful Jeri, glad you were able to get out and in the store.
Hope your Mom is doing ok.
Hugs

Marcelle
03-15-2015, 06:52 AM
HI Jeri,

Thanks for sharing and it sounds like a great day.

Hugs

Isha

Joanncdnj
03-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Jerri, Nice to hear your thoughts, hope mom will be better. I like to shop Wall-Mart too, I try to go during school hours so there aren't youngsters around.
I usually don't buy much, but spend time browsing everything.

Hugs

Joann

Melissa in SE Tn
03-15-2015, 10:02 AM
I truly admire your love for your sick mother. You are a good son. Mothers are special and we are their gifts from God. My deepest wishes that you both grow in that bond during the remaining days of her life. Never stop telling her that you love her... She needs to always hear it... It provides such great comfort to our older / health failing parents. When they are gone, we can have good memories or deep regrets. I like good memories. Much peace to you both, mel