PDA

View Full Version : Another post about going out and nobody cares

Dani0948
03-15-2015, 02:27 PM
I got a bit brave today and decided to go out enfemme. In fact I went out 3 times. The first time was early when I wore running/walking clothes and took the dog for a run/walk in the park a few blocks from home. I passed several people, but no noticeable reaction. After breakfast I decided to change into my girl jeans and pick up a few items at the grocery store. When checking out the woman smiled at me and wished me a pleasant day. Finally I figured why not a quick shopping trip to the local Goodwill. Walked right in and started browsing the racks. Found a few items to try on and went to the changing room. While I waited for someone to unlock the door, another customer asked a passing employee to ""please open the door for HER". Of course I said thank you. I tried on about 10 items, settled on just a skirt, blouse and a dress ($13 for all 3). Couldn't wait to get home and put on the dress ( I'll post pics of the skirt and blouse later).

pamela7
03-15-2015, 03:46 PM
thank you for sharing Dani, this encourages me!
xxx Pamela

Alice_2014_B
03-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Thanks for sharing Dani.
Though I've been out en femme to stores, I've never had the nerve to interact with people or buy anything.
:)

msniki48
03-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Dani,

1st of all congrats on your day out and about. it takes a great deal of courage [ at least for me it does ] The best part is that you were able to find some souvenirs to bring home...The dress looks great on you.

I am just starting to get back on the site from a bit of a hiatus.... [ amazing how life gets in the way of living ] ...but your day out offers me encouragement... maybe I will attempt a support meeting this month to recharge my battery.

hugs, niki

Michaelasfun
03-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Cute dress Dani! I love Goodwill, people toss out stuff that's only been worn once or twice, found some great buys there!!

justmetoo
03-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Your outfit looks good. Congratulations on your outings!

alwayshave
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Dani, I have found a number of high quality dresses at Goodwill for not a lot of money. Most people, even if they read you, are not going to say anything.

Alice Torn
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Beautiful dress on you! Maybe this chicken will again try an outing someday.

AngelaYVR
03-15-2015, 06:57 PM
It is so true that most can't be bothered or are simply too polite. The worst reaction I ever had was from a woman scowling at me.
I like your dress, I'm seeing more and more floral this year (I've got a bunch of skirts ready to go on this trend!)

Jilmac
03-15-2015, 08:57 PM
I've been going out for quite some time now, and hardly get a second glance. It could be that so many people are wrapped up in their own doings that they don't pay attention to their surroundings. Or it could be that we are being accepted for who we are.

Lynn Marie
03-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Congratulations, that's a lot of adventure for one day. Just remember that you don't have to do this alone. Make a friend or two. CD girlfriends are so much fun to do things with.

Brandy Mathews
03-15-2015, 11:26 PM
I agree Lynn. This site is so sweet, relly love the way the girls help each other. Really like this site.
Hugs,
Bree :)

deebra
03-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Dani, I've done all the things you described and it's really a "turn-on". Now to take it to the next level, go to Payless or Shoe Wearhouse and try on and walk around the store in heels and casual shoes. Don't forget to wear hose so the shoes will slip on and fit your feet properly. You wait on yourself at both stores, the SA's only contact you if you need help and this is another " turn-on"; to walk around the store in all those cool feminine shoes. Buying them is not a problem, just put your money down, have self confidence, a little conversation and out the door. If female customers come up while you are walking or trying on "trust me", they will ignore you and keep focused on what the are looking for. Now, go do it!!!!

Marcelle
03-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Hi Dani,

Congrats on getting out there . . . love the dress on you BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Krisi
03-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Sometimes nobody says anything out of line, sometimes they do. The majority of the population is polite enough to just walk on by or even give a pleasant smile and a nod. Maybe even say "Hello" or "Good morning".

But, every once in a while you run into someone who will frown or make a face and of course some folks just have to say something disapproving just to make themselves feel superior.

I'm glad you had a pleasant day.

Beverley Sims
03-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Dani,
Those are good posts when you go out and nobody cares. :)

JocelynJames
03-16-2015, 02:09 PM
To show how things can be misconstrued- I thought you meant nobody here care's- in all actuality, quite the opposite. Then after all the replies I saw that I had it wrong.
Glad you had such a great time out. I've yet to go out dressed but this is encouraging. I have gone to good will and tried on skirts and dresses before and purchased them. SA gave me a wink and commented about the value of a good black pencil skirt. Well done!

bimini1
03-16-2015, 03:06 PM
The times I've gone out no one seems to care. You never know when that could change. I attribute it to just the fact that TG is now more than ever more and more on people's radar. Be it media or whatever it is becoming mainstream and less of a big deal. I think we make it more of a big deal than others sometimes.

Mia001
03-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Congratulations Dani. It sounds as though you had a great day out.