PDA

View Full Version : Girls I need some advice here on buying a wig

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Ok this saturday im getting a transformation done (Make over) and im planing on buying shoes a bra and the breasts that go in that but thats not the real problem, its the wig.

Now I have talked to some of the girls here and got there advice now im putting it out to every one.

I need a wig that will be me Tina in looks and color but when Tina goes in to hiding I need a wig that is easy to store and easy to take care of. Another words when its time for Tina come out hiding I need to just put it on and be all set.

Any ideas?

You see my avatar so what do you think would be a good look and fast look for me?

Shelly Preston
02-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi there

I was given this advice a long time ago.

Get as close to your own hair colour as you can ( does not work for everyone).

Keep the style simple.

But more than that you have to like it.

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Thank shelly.

Billijo49504
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
If you don't have a GG to go with you, Ask the person in the wig store. Several reasons for that. 1. They want you to look good, so you will come back and buy from the again. And 2, they have a lot of experience with what looks good on a person. The reason for that is number 1.
Call a local wig store and see if they have a problem dealing with CD'ers. Also ask in they have a private area to try them on, most do. Synthetic wigs can usually be shook out and brushed a little, and be ready to wear. Hope some of this helps.
Oh, good luck and don't forget to post pictures. We all want to see the new you.

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh I will ask Janet for sure, thats where I'll be buying it from, just trying to get some out put so I dont say ok that one then I got one I dont care for, becase this will be my look for Tina, and there will be pictures here and on my web-site.

Cathy Anderson
02-02-2006, 03:14 PM
1. They say red tones are flattering in general for crossdressers.

2. As for care, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Most wigs you're likely to get are made of synthetic fibers and don't usually require that much care or attention.

3. Don't spend too much. Expect to pay maybe somewhere between $85 and $200, with the latter being rather expensive and most justifiable if you have few options.

4. The shorter the wig, the easier it is to just take out and wear. Not too short, of course, but you might try a bit shorter than the wig in your avatar. (The wig in my avatar is my favorite, but it's a bitch to comb!)

5. The absolute best thing is to go somewhere where you can try on a lot of wigs at in an unhurried atmosphere.

Cathy

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
1. They say red tones are flattering in general for crossdressers.

2. As for care, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Most wigs you're likely to get are made of synthetic fibers and don't usually require that much care or attention.

3. Don't spend too much. Expect to pay maybe somewhere between $85 and $200, with the latter being rather expensive and most justifiable if you have few options.

4. The shorter the wig, the easier it is to just take out and wear. Not too short, of course, but you might try a bit shorter than the wig in your avatar. (The wig in my avatar is my favorite, but it's a bitch to comb!)

5. The absolute best thing is to go somewhere where you can try on a lot of wigs at in an unhurried atmosphere.

Cathy

Well im thinking shorter and lighter right now?

Shelby
02-02-2006, 03:23 PM
I needed a wig for Shelby's big night out for a show and I found a wig shop finally. Dressed as a guy wearing blue jeans, dewalt racing cap and a winter snowmobile jacket, and a little 3 o'clock shadow, I looked very guyish. I told her about my show coming up and that I was looking for a long red wig like Nicole Kidman looked like in Moulin Rouge (god she was hot in that movie, any movie actually) I got a very good snythetic hair, with adjustable head piece for $300.00 That seems like a lot to spend, but I've been in theater a long time and know what the cheapos are like. I can feel the difference between this one and the cheapos inhte feel of the hair, and it has bangs - very important unless you can find a wig with some latex skin to glue on to your forehead like they use in Sci-fi shows. It is a good wig though and the lady was very cool and helpful and evenlet me try it on out of sight of the mall lobbyway.

swiss_susan
02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Trying it on in the shop with some assistance is best

Susan

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 04:05 PM
300 dollars is a lot for some thing thats going to be in a box for periods of time don't you think?

Jasmine Ellis
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
UM, SHOP! :cry: :bs: :doh: ;)

Kaitlyn Michele
02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
lov-

i have dark brown/grey hair...i tried on the reddish wig in my avatar and youve seen other pics...that one was by far the best..

pls try on different wigs and be picky..when i was getting fitted i was so nervous and i kkept saying ok i'll take it and it really wasnt until i tried on about the 4th or 5th one that i came up with this one..i think you will just know!!!!

have fun...i am getting dressed right now!!! but i have nobody to do it with!!

poorme! lol

Tina Dixon
02-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Im getting ideas, middle length, not to culy, may be auburn for a color?

annekathleen
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Go to E-Bay! There is a seller called "hairmenow" They have a store called
Hair Me Now. Excellent Variety, Excellent Qualitym and Reasonable Prices.

Jodi
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
TJO, The price of a wig is relative to the person buying it. It depends upon how you want to use it. If your intent is to be able to go out to blend in and be very presentable, then you will want to put more money into it. With a wig, you get what you pay for. If your intent is getting a wig to wear around the house for your personal fun, then you can go cheaper.

A cheap wig will stand out and get a girl clocked very fast. The adage is--put your money into your hair. Hair is one of the things that gg's notice first on other women.

Jodi

rubydiamond
02-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Tina,

I got my wigs at wigs.com and the sales rep was very helpful. I told her I was a CD and she had no problem with it. She really knew her products well and picked out some wonderful wigs for me. She will tell you straight up which ones are good and which ones are not so good....I can give you here phone number if you want it....just email me

Tina Dixon
02-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Lot of good idea floating around, if I was Tina 24/7 it would not be problem, but Tina is going to be in a box maybe for weeks on in so low cost and simple is what it's going be im affraid, sign.