PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Samantha74
03-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Could my recent desires have spurred from being submerged in an all girl atmosphere....wife, daughter? Your thoughts?

Nadine Spirit
03-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Sure.

I think this is something that on some level we were all born with. Some of us may know of it and may act on it in various ways. Some of us are not even aware of this until something catalyzes it.

Samantha74
03-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Ty Nadine, and just sayin, your gorgeous

kimdl93
03-19-2015, 10:24 PM
NO, no, not at all. Your recent desires may have emerged recently, but the correlation does not imply causation. If that were the case, how would you explain me. I grew up in a nearly all male household and in my own marriage, males outnumbered females 3:1.

Is it safe to say this didn't come completely out of the blue. If it did, I would wonder if you happened to get the pink pill. More likely, if you peel the skin of the onion, you'll have some earlier life recollections of similar interests.

docrobbysherry
03-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Maybe Reine will chime in with links to studies?

Which I believe all tend to show dressing has little to do with our enviornment and everything to do with what's inside us.

Jenniferathome
03-20-2015, 12:01 AM
No, as Kim pointed out, causation is not proven here. If it were true, then all of our stories would be similar, but they are not. My environment did not make me. I was made.

alwayshave
03-20-2015, 05:42 AM
I don't think there is a causation, when I lived with three women is when my need to CD was lowest.

Marcelle
03-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Hi Samantha,

I agree with the others here in that it is most likely something you are born with. However, like you I grew up in a mainly female home (including extended family) and what I think might have occurred is it gave you greater access to all things female at an early age and you innate longings were fed more readily.

Hugs

Isha

SheriM
03-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Per my mother, I was supposed to be a girl. I'm sure that prior to birth, she told everyone that she wanted a girl. Now she never dressed me in girl clothes but for as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by women's clothes. In fact my earliest memories are of Mom's nylons. I often wonder if her well advertised desire for a girl had any bearing on my interest in women's clothes. To this day, I don't know if I would prefer to be a girl or not. I like both modes.
SheriM

Tina_gm
03-20-2015, 08:40 AM
I think that for those of us who are born with gender variance, being in a highly feminine atmosphere may cause us to connect and accept ourselves sooner, but it won't actually cause the gender variance.

For myself, because I am an only child, and had a mother I didn't bond well with, but yet had a father who I bonded with very very well, that right there can tell you that it is purely an internal cause, at birth. What did happen is that likely I was delayed in realizing my femininity until my teenage years. Many on here will talk of their 1st experiences or thoughts and desires before puberty. Had I had a better relationship with my mother, had sisters and been in a more feminine environment, I would have realized my femininity at a younger age.

meganmartin
03-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Would have to agree with Nadine, this is something I believe your born to do.
Because a good majority start this early in our teens or pre-teen now being submerged in a girl atmosphere may make you more in tune with it, but I dont think it is the only factor.

Beverley Sims
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
It is interesting that when I lived in the sared house with the girls I often wanted to assert my masculinity also.

It was easy to be coaxed into dressing though.

No this is not a valid cause.