PDA

View Full Version : Are you a "sweetie" ?

Kate Simmons
03-20-2015, 07:00 AM
This is mainly for those who go out en femme and interact with other folks either of the TG community or otherwise. Are you pleasant when talking to other folks and have a good disposition that is generally expected by society in connection with women? Women are naturally interested in others and compassionate and empathic. Of course everyone is capable of those qualities but women especially. I guess what I'm asking is does wearing the mantle of a woman tend to make you a "sweetheart" when it comes to interpersonal relations? While I'm naturally easy going, I tend to be more so en femme and to be quite honest think I am more likeable. :)

Jodi
03-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes, I have been told by gg's that I am a real sweetie when dressed.

Jodi

sabrinaedwards
03-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes, I am a "sweetie" when dressed. I love interacting with other while dressed. I have had positive experinces with gg that I have met while out and about.
Love, Sabrina

Lorileah
03-20-2015, 11:36 AM
but of course I am. Wanna fight about it?

carhill2mn
03-20-2015, 12:10 PM
I cannot imagine not being a "sweetie" when presenting en femme. One of my friends told me he much prefers the "fem" me to the male me.

Ceera
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm generally a pleasant and gregarious person regardless of my Presentation.

Beverley Sims
03-20-2015, 12:21 PM
I can be more likeable too, I can also be a bitch if aroused.

Cheryl T
03-20-2015, 12:22 PM
It doesn't "make me a sweetie" it lets me be the sweetie I am inside without reservation. I don't have to put on the airs that I do when drab and doing all those macho things expected of me. I can just be me and be the person that I really am.

"Gabriela"
03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Something I've learned from CDing about myself is that I can be a "sweetie" in boy mode too. So maybe I've feminized my manners a bit, but that's helped me to get more female friends at work and stuff. I feel more comfortable with them that with guys somehow. I haven't had the chance to interact much with others when en femme, just with my GF, but I don't see a reason to stop being nice, maybe nicer :battingeyelashes: Nice topic!
Cheers!
Gabby

AllieSF
03-20-2015, 01:12 PM
No, not at all! I am me no matter how dressed or presenting. My personality, however, does naturally fit in with some stereotypical feminine traits.

kimdl93
03-20-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm pleasant and conversational, but I'm always thus.

Persephone
03-20-2015, 01:31 PM
It doesn't "make me a sweetie" it lets me be the sweetie I am inside without reservation.

Cheryl has said it beautifully!

I think though that there are two aspects to actually being nice. One is the innate desire to enjoy and participate in the lives of others, to actually listen to others, to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, and cheerful.

The other is to participate in the nicities of sweetness. To send Thank You notes, for example. Those are learned behaviors that, in general, most genetic women were conditioned to seemingly perform better than most of us who come from male backgrounds.

Hugs,
Persephone.

CynthiaD
03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
I get called "sweety" a lot when I go out en femme. But then, I live in Texas ...

Ally 2112
03-20-2015, 05:19 PM
I have been called a sweety and cute never manly or handsome .I guess it is just the way i present myself not sure ?

Bria
03-20-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't know about being a "sweetie", but I do know that in the time I have been on this forum, I have learned to be very sensitive to other people and their problems/situations. I am much more able to ask someone how their life is going at the moment and have real interest in their answer than I was before.

For that I thanks all of you who contribute here in helping me grow in this manner. If that makes me a sweetie, so be it!

Hugs, Bria

crystal37
03-20-2015, 06:40 PM
I like to think I'm a sweetie but am not really sure what people think of me when am in girly mode, I definitely try to be sensitive but probably come across a bit bitch at times.

But hey, I gave up trying to figure myself out years ago and just go with what feels good now x

Katey888
03-20-2015, 07:12 PM
I think I'm a sweetie in any form, Kate... :battingeyelashes:

Oh - except when I'm talking contractual conditions with customers... :thinking:

Or when I'm firing someone... :eek:

Or when site users frigg the @#!&? word filter or talk politics... :Angry3:

Other than that I'm a pussycat...

Katey x

Angie G
03-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I like most folks and get along with others really well, Most who know me love me. so I think I'm a "sweetie":hugs:
Angie

Dana44
03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
When I dress, I'm sure a sweetie. En femme, I try to be feminine. I am sweet to my SO and others who approach us. I'm in Texas and men often call me sweetie.

Sweet Paulina
03-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Of course I'm a 'Sweetie'
Duh, look at my username
Actually, en femme or not I try to be nice to everyone all the time
Not always easy but I try

Shelly Preston
03-21-2015, 05:03 AM
I dont think I have ever been described as a sweetie.

I try to be pleasant to everyone but I do seem to have longer conversations with strangers in female mode.

It helps that I have always been good at listening too.

Marcelle
03-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Hi Kate,

To be honest I had to think about this question and reflect over my interactions with others (friends, family, strangers) while dressed. I don't think my personality has changed in this regard. I have always tried to maintain an upbeat, happy go lucky mantel while in public both "en homme" and "en femme". Does that make me appear more feminine? I don't think so. I have held others to task when dressed much the same way I would while I am boy me. Am I "sweetie" . . . I would be hard pressed to find a sole who knows me as both "boy and girl" who would describe me as a sweetie. Pragmatic . . . yes, happy . . .yes, a conversationalist . . . yes, sweetie . . . nope.

Hugs

Isha

JayeLefaye
03-21-2015, 07:40 AM
I get called "sweety" a lot when I go out en femme. But then, I live in Texas ...

Shoot, here in North Carolina, everyone is "Sweetie" and "Hon" even in boy-mode.

But as for me, there's an old bumper sticker: 51% sweetheart, 49% b!tch. Don't push.

Jaye

SherriePall
03-21-2015, 09:00 AM
I think I am. Or is it just a term of endearment used by those selling me things? Well, time will tell. BTW, Kate, is somewhere in Spain in upper or lower Monroe County?

Kate Simmons
03-21-2015, 09:24 AM
You never know where the Girl from A.U.N.T.I.E. will be Sherrie. :)

Jenniferathome
03-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Like Allie and Kim, I am me. I have one personality, one view of the world in which I move. Clothes don't change that.