PDA

View Full Version : doing male tasks while en femme?

Dana44
03-20-2015, 08:56 PM
It was my day to dress today. I had to glue and clamp a drawer that came apart and some carpentry work on my wardrobe, I had panties and a T-shirt on. LOL I had to use a circular saw and my drill and screw gun, measure and glue things with wood glue. This was the best I was going to be en femme. I am now in a nice skirt and blouse. Does anybody else work around the house doing male work while en femme?

kimdl93
03-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I'll beat Reine to the punch and ask what makes a male task? I remodeled a bathroom en femme. Coincidentally, she did the same around the same time.

Jaylyn
03-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I usually don't do any welding or use my saws in my dresses but often work around the house in bra and panties and if it's cold panty hose. Makes me feel I can be feminine but still not destroy any of my outfits. It is fun wearing a full dress and makeup out to the shop while I piddle..... Gotta be old to know what that word means... Lol

Candice Mae
03-20-2015, 09:29 PM
I'll beat Reine to the punch and ask what makes a male task? I remodeled a bathroom en femme. Coincidentally, she did the same around the same time.

The majorty... Well 75%+ of members here grew up in the 50's when gender roles where more defined within society. I just finished rebuilding a sled engine for one of my friends in with a tank top and a pair of cut offs under my coveralls. Does that make me more of a man or a woman? Neither it just makes me, me although I do miss my upper body strength...

Shaedow
03-20-2015, 09:34 PM
As Dana's SO, I have to say it was quite intriguing seeing him (her? I can't get used to that yet) doing what many people consider "masculine" tasks while wearing lace panties & a t-shirt. I can enjoy the view while not have to think about whether it was en drab or en femme. ;)

Beverley Sims
03-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Yes, but I never give it much thought.

Climbing around inside the roof in a skirt is not really practical.

I have been caught doing this on ocasions without thinking. :)

charlenesomeone
03-21-2015, 03:36 AM
Kim hit the nail on the head, with a feminine hammer, hehe.
A task, job, hobby, what have you, is something people do, so dress
as you feel. If its messy, go to a thrift store, buy cheap clothes you like, and get down and dirty.
But smile and have fun, oh and stop looking at yourself and get back to work.
Hugs

pamela7
03-21-2015, 04:18 AM
not wanting to spoil my femme clothes which are less robust, I'll mostly change to the man things, simply as a protective measure. Normally doing gardening work i get very muddy but yesterday i was digging the veg patch in jeggings - not a single bit of mud on me ... hmmn being fem-careful works!

Carmen
03-21-2015, 05:10 AM
I have been renovating a rental house. I'm as en femme as I can be.
Been doing heavy landscape work. Also some window moulding and exterior painting.
Jeans, tee shirt, tennis shoes and leather gloves to protect my shiny nails.

Marcelle
03-21-2015, 05:53 AM
Hi Dana,

I have done things around the house which could be seen as stereotypically male while dressed but it is normally in the same type of clothes I would wear "en boy" . . . jeans, t-shirt/top, boots and no make-up or minimalistic (lip gloss, mascara). This is because "for me" getting my complete girl on would not make sense any more than my wife putting on a skirt and make-up while helping me with renos.:)

Point in case, yesterday I had the unfortunate task of dealing with a clogged septic tank filter. I happened to be dressed for hanging around the house (yoga pants, top, wig, no make-up). I saw the water pooling, put on a jacket, rubber boots, work gloves . . . dug up the access point, opened the septic take, donned rubber gloves, removed the filter, cleaned it, put the access panel back on, and reburied. Went back in the house, removed jacket, boots and gloves, washed hands (naturally :battingeyelashes:) then went back to relaxing. For me it was not about being "girly" doing this . . . it was just something that had to be done. My wife had a bit of a chuckle though when she looked outside and saw me reaching into the septic tank in yoga pants :heehee:

Hugs

Isha

iGenny
03-21-2015, 06:27 AM
I had to solder/repair some pipes in the basement. I wore my panties, girl jeans, bra, and an older t-shirt. No wig! My front kept getting in the way, so the bra came off. Safety first!

annecwesley
03-21-2015, 06:37 AM
I like to do my chores in a skirt (at the very least) when the kids are not at home.

flatlander_48
03-21-2015, 08:26 AM
A couple of years ago, I installed a wood shelving and drawer kit in our master bedroom closet. My wife gave me full occupation of it as it is difficult for her to access it from her wheelchair. Most of the days I worked on it, I wore outdoors/hiking type clothes: short denim skirt, light sweater or sweatshirt, tights, bra and forms. I enjoyed it, but it was an odd experience turning around and having my boobs bump into things...

DeeAnn

Jackie7
03-21-2015, 08:55 AM
High heels are no good in the workshop. Having Pockets for small tools and hardware is a real help, which rules out a lot of girl clothes.

Krisi
03-21-2015, 08:59 AM
We really shouldn't think of tasks as being "male" or "female". There's no good reason a person with a vagina and breasts can't glue a drawer back together.

That said, I normally do carpentry work dressed in my male work clothes. I don't want to get my female clothes and wig dirty. If I'm working outside, on the car or in the shop, it's most likely as a male. Once in a while as a female.

Sara Jessica
03-21-2015, 09:12 AM
...I had panties and a T-shirt on. LOL I had to use a circular saw and my drill and screw gun, measure and glue things with wood glue.

Is it just me or can you only imagine bad things happening running around with a circular saw while wearing only panties and a t-shirt???

DonnaP
03-21-2015, 09:29 AM
I quite often fix things in Femme Kind of a nice change even have done oil changes in my garage with door open put coveralls over say panties & Bra and being nervous wondering if any neighbor will stop by I have a few Woman neighbors that have talked my ear off glad I was not dressed when it happened it would have all over where I live. They seem to enjoy talking with me maybe because I have a Fem side I guess.

WandaRae2009
03-21-2015, 10:30 AM
I've done that many times. I stripped a ceiling of peeling paint, did the repairs and painted, all while in a jeans skirt, woman's T shirt and low heals. I felt so comfortable doing it, it was almost fun.

Greenie
03-21-2015, 10:35 AM
KIMDL Beat me to it.

But I will chime in anyway. I can be resident feminist GG today. I don't think there are truly and male tasks and female tasks. But that is coming from a GG who knows how to do stuff on her own car, take apart the sink, and fix the toilet. All by my little lonesome.

I also have my own drill and my own tool box. But I guess that makes me masculine then. ;)

Dana44
03-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Sara Jessica,
In answer to your question. With a circular saw, very carefully.

Jason+
03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Is it just me or can you only imagine bad things happening running around with a circular saw while wearing only panties and a t-shirt???

Now I have to clean coffee off the monitors! In a skirt and heels. The last time I operated a circular saw to rip wood for mounting a window AC unit I insisted on a calf length dress and sensible low heeled boots with a block heel for stability. :D

If I did laundry today it would be in the above mentioned skirt and heels. Tomorrow when it is far more likely to get done it will happen in shorts and a t-shirt. But then laundry has been my territory longer than dresses and skirts have.

Savannah_Skye
03-21-2015, 12:51 PM
If I am doing housework, whether considered masculine or feminine, I usually am in a skirt/blouse/heel combo. When replaced a toilet it was Tool Girl all the way!!

Jilmac
03-21-2015, 10:05 PM
I doubt I would ever do any bull work en femme but I have done things like shoveling snow, changing oil in my car, changing a flat tire, painting walls, servicing my washer and dryer, all while wearing my girl jeans with a sweater or jersey top.

Sara Jessica
03-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Now I have to clean coffee off the monitors! In a skirt and heels. The last time I operated a circular saw to rip wood for mounting a window AC unit I insisted on a calf length dress and sensible low heeled boots with a block heel for stability. :D

If I did laundry today it would be in the above mentioned skirt and heels. Tomorrow when it is far more likely to get done it will happen in shorts and a t-shirt. But then laundry has been my territory longer than dresses and skirts have.

Sorry about your monitor Jason. You just can't imagine that visual ending well, huh??? ;)

And you know what they say about power tools and loose fitting clothing. Be careful out there!!!

victoria76
03-22-2015, 01:12 PM
i have before, it makes it fun. :)

Lorileah
03-22-2015, 02:21 PM
nope never. I have done tasks but none of them required a gender specific skill

CynthiaD
03-22-2015, 02:23 PM
In this world there are only two tasks that are clearly male. Changing a flat tire, and getting a dead mouse out of the mouse trap. I've never done either en femme. :) :) :)

Deane
03-22-2015, 04:07 PM

It's just you. I've done LOTS of carpentry work in panties and a cami, with or without a bra. Sometimes I wear a skirt instead of the panties. I've also mowed the lawn, moved dirt around, changed the oil on the truck, electrical work, plumbing, tile, etc dressed.

Dana44
03-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Thank for all of your comments. I went to Austin today and stopped at a goodwill. wow, they had a lot of clothes. I got a denim skort, a cargo skirt two blouses for them and a sundress. Had to use my Dremmel tool to make a hole bigger for a closet rod in my wardrobe.
I had on my sundress LOL and used my vice to hold the work with sparks flying everywhere. Now I'm heading out to the kitchen to make dinner. Yummi spaghetti of course.

CherylFlint
03-22-2015, 09:22 PM
I mowed the lawn once as Cheryl.

Sara Jessica
03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
It's just you. I've done LOTS of carpentry work in panties and a cami, with or without a bra. Sometimes I wear a skirt instead of the panties. I've also mowed the lawn, moved dirt around, changed the oil on the truck, electrical work, plumbing, tile, etc dressed.

Taking the humor onto serious-land...OK, you get the brownie points for this one. I'm just not seeing the point.

Tina_gm
03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
I can only think of one thing that is truly male oriented, but it is not work, or a chore at all :devil: Yeah yeah, I get it that men more often do carpentry, construction, masonry, mechanical blah blah blah. men tend to have brains that work in ways where it tends to be easier for them, and bodies that are naturally stronger so that makes the physical work a little easier. But, I do think and hope that we are getting past this point where we have to gender type chores and work. Do what needs to be done, however you want to be dressed doing it.

jjjjohanne
03-25-2015, 10:20 PM
I have done my Christmas shopping, gone grocery shopping, eaten lunch in a restaurant, shopped at a home improvement store, and gotten a haircut in women's clothes.

Alice_2014_B
03-25-2015, 10:31 PM
It really just depends on what I had planned the day I dress up, which most of the time is homework. (cannot wait for June, graduate, no more school for a while!) There's really nothing I've done whilst dressed up that would be a particular male task.
:)

Jennifer in CO
03-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Heres one....

July 4th weekend 1982. I had rebuilt an engine and didn't feel like changing so I grabbed the hoist, hooked it up and slipped the engine into the bay of the car. I was a fairly grimie mess when done but it had been a very hot day...and a halter top and short shorts were the order during final assembly. Course, at this point I had been living full time for over a year so doing things when "dressed" was normal, just not what I did in them at times would be considered normal for a girl.

Tracii G
03-25-2015, 10:48 PM
I was changing oil in my Mustang in cut off jeans and a tank top once.
Had my hair in a pony tail and had my pink John Deere cap.I rolled out from under the car and went to the trunk to get a wrench about the time some neighbors walked by.
The man said to his wife "I need to teach you how to change the oil like this guy's wife".
She said no way mister thats your job.
I just turned and smiled and said well if a girl has no man she has to do it herself.
Lucky for me I had a great tuck going on and awesome cleavage too so maybe by seeing lots of boobage there was no doubt I was female just a homely one at best.
I have gone to the auto parts store enfemme if that is a guy thing.

Sammy777
03-26-2015, 03:31 AM
My front kept getting in the way, so the bra came off. Safety first!

Unfortunately, some on us don't have that option, we just have to push through it. :lol2:

If the tool belt has to go on, then the jewelery comes off and a pair of eyeglasses that don't slide down and a pair of jeans go on. :D

I'm just wondering how many here already own, or would now love to own this? Pink 30 piece tool kit (http://www.sears.com/the-original-pink-box-30-piece-pink-tool/p-00925860000P?redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL)
Come on, you know you want it. :lol2:

Fiona Lindum
03-26-2015, 04:21 AM
Just been decorating wearing some of my girl clothes which I would otherwise have thrown out.

Meghan4now
03-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Wow, haven't you been watching the DYI channel or HGTV?. HOT women do reno!

All your princess points have been stripped!

Conversely my wife and I both do girly tasks dressed in JEANS and FLANNEL shirts. Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, shopping, sewing (well I do), dropping kids off at activities, driving the minivan. Dang I AM a soccer mom.

P.S. Your points have been stripped for not watching. And you call yourselves girls!

Samantha_Smile
03-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Manual labour? With THESE nails?
I dont think so!
:D

Meg East
03-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Yes, all the time, once I grabbed my tool apron while wearing a knit top, skirt and heels which got a great laugh from my loving wife.

christie
03-29-2015, 08:24 AM
When I can yes. Yesterday while working on a basement remodel, I needed to pull nails out of the ceiling and using a step ladder was a pain. Solution: 6" stilettos. Now if I could just pull off the cute outfits that women on the DIY shows wear I would be set.

Richelle423
03-29-2015, 01:12 PM
for me there's something about wearing a skort and doing things around the house