PDA

View Full Version : Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?

Nikkilovesdresses
03-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Do you secretly wish your SO would dress the way you do? Is your dressing a form of wish fulfillment?

Kirsten1
03-21-2015, 03:33 AM
Interesting thought. But my own preference with clothes is kind of narrow. I like classy sophisticated clothes. Currently in the middle of a divorce. Women I like can dress any way that suits them and their body and style.

BOBBI G.
03-21-2015, 03:51 AM
My style borders on conservative and moderately modest. I am a 72 year old TG woman, and the majority of my clothing states that.

Bobbi

pamela7
03-21-2015, 04:11 AM
some of it yes - stockings etc, some of it, no, it's what I feel suits me. A big "yes" is wearing more dresses/skirts, not the style just the form of clothing - i.e. like WG in short skirts, me in knee-length skirts (actually I do like the mini at the right time/occasion too!)

Sarah Louise
03-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Yes, I think there's something in this. I love it when my wife wears feminine clothes, particularly dresses, tights/hose and heels. Unfortunately, it's not that often, but I find that booking a nice restaurant and gently suggesting she wears that nice dress I bought her does the trick! Plus giving her lots of compliments.

What do I like dressing in? Feminine clothes like dresses, tights/hose and heels of course! I tend to dress in clothes that I would buy for her (my own though, as she's three sizes smaller than me).

I wouldn't bother dressing if I couldn't wear dresses, tights/hose and heels.

Kelley
03-21-2015, 05:48 AM
My style is my own and my wife has her style. I dress in a way that makes me feel good about myself. I have no wish for her to dress like me.

Kelley

Marcelle
03-21-2015, 05:58 AM
Hi Nikki,

I have a specific sense of style when it comes to women's fashion and I would be lying if I said that sense did not initially come from seeing other women dressed a particular way. However, over time it has evolved and to some degree it shares common likes with my wife's fashion sense (we both like casual tops and jeans) and in some ways it does not (I like dresses and skirts more than my wife does). Do I wish she would dress more like me? Well she is 75 percent of the way there already but I also know she is not comfortable in dresses (unless it is for a special event) so I don't have any issues with that anymore than she has with me wearing skirts and dresses in casual settings.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
03-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?

Yes. (Because to answer otherwise would imply something very odd...:facepalm:)

Do you secretly wish your SO would dress the way you do

Errrmm... If I told you it wouldn't be a secret wish would it? ;)

Is your dressing a form of wish fulfillment?

Isn't that obvious...? :D

Katey x

bridget thronton
03-21-2015, 06:14 AM
I suppose yes to some extent - but I wear what looks good on me (and not what looks good on a super model) same for my SO she wears what she thinks looks good on her

BLUE ORCHID
03-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Hi Nikki, Absolutely, I have three closets full of all kinds of fashions , When I see a particular lovely outfit on a lady
I make a mental note and try to copy that look in my next dressing session.:daydreaming:

O'yes I wish that my wife of 51yrs. would dress up in some of my lovely outfits,
She never wants to dress up she's just a jeans & pull over shirt kind of lady, But I love:love:her dearly

iGenny
03-21-2015, 06:20 AM
Sort of ... our body types are different, so she couldn't dress the way I do. But I wish she'd dress more feminine at times. She's almost always in jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers.

For the last couple of years, I've started researching her body type, and when we go shopping, suggest some tops that suit her and are more feminine, yet staying in her comfort zone. I think she likes that little attention from me. I KNOW she liked it when I helped pick out her new dress and shoes for our daughter's wedding!

EllenJo
03-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Like many have said, when I see an attractive woman in a nice outfit, I look for similar clothing. My wife is usually in jeans but she does like to wear feminine tops. She looks dynamite in a dress or skirt, but she rarely wears them. I wear skirts all the time, I guess I would classify my style as feminine casual. I love my wife and she has great taste in clothes.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

kimdl93
03-21-2015, 06:46 AM
Simply put, no. I certainly learned how to put things together from my wife, but I'd don't dresses as a proxy for her and I like her sense of style. Where we differ is in our coloring. I'm a blue eyed blonde and tan easily. She's a red head with brown eyes and a bit lighter skinned.

Krisi
03-21-2015, 09:08 AM
I wear what I think looks best on me. I don't secretly wish my wife would dress like me but I do wish she would wear a skirt once in a while.

Kate Simmons
03-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Only for myself, no one else. :)

alwayshave
03-21-2015, 09:34 AM
While I do not dress in the same style as my fiancee, my fiancee dresses quite feminine. In ten years together I have only seen her in pants once and capris maybe five times. Other than that, she wears dresses or skirts which I truly appreciate. I dress more in a more formal manner than she does, more LBDs and cocktail dresses.

Jenniferathome
03-21-2015, 10:05 AM
I dress the way my wife does. I never secretly wish anything about her as I talk to her instead.

Alice_2014_B
03-21-2015, 11:36 AM
For me its just me and how I want to dress.
:)

Gretchen_To_Be
03-21-2015, 11:50 AM
I buy my wife the same style heels, dresses and skirts that I wear. Same brand and shade of pantyhose too. Often the heels and dresses are identical. So I would say, yes, it's a form of wish fulfillment, and it is often fulfilled. But it's not secret!

LilSissyStevie
03-21-2015, 11:55 AM
90% no, 10% yes. I don't think my dressing has anything to do with how I think women should dress or what I find attractive on women.

AngelaYVR
03-21-2015, 12:15 PM
While I would love to see more women dressing in the same style as me, if there were too many then I'd technically be blending and that would never do! ;)

ashley_addams76
03-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Yes. I wish that more women would wear stockings, pantyhose, boots and the like, but I realize that not everyone likes that sort of thing.

Savannah_Skye
03-21-2015, 12:46 PM
My wife was known as the "bag lady dresser" (all in fun by friends:)) but after a few years with me she had borrowed a lot from my style. In fact she once recommended to a friend to date a cd/tg (just awesome isn't it!!!). Though it is highly noticeable that her wardrobe drastically changed given people's comments, no one suspects I am the "sorceress" behind the wardrobe magic. Most of the time however, it's jeans and a t-shirt buy I don't mind. Anyway, she does borrow my feminine clothes a lot without asking like for work and church, so in some ways does dress the way I do, so I do feel like I accomplished something and it is nice to see.

Alice Torn
03-21-2015, 01:13 PM
I never had a steady SO or wife, but, yes, my choice of dress, reflects on what i would like a SO to have.

2B Natasha
03-21-2015, 01:40 PM
To a point. When I was trying to figure out myself and what I liked and didn't like. Yes I would go out and buy her stuff that I wanted to see her in or that I secretly wanted to wear. It backfire almost 100% of the time. I could never figure out why. That is until I did a lot of growing. Then it dawns don me that I cannot force my style preference on her. At that point. I became happier with how she dressed and I could appreciate her style as her style. Then. When I got to know myself. Yes I tried those old styles and things. On me. Worked through that pretty quickly and moved on. Those where old desires.

Now. I dress how I dress and she dresses how she dresses. She has her style and I mine. There a bit different but that's what life is all about. Differences I think.

Thats not to say there are still not items of clothing I desire to see her that she may or may not ever wear. But if she does I talk to her about what I would like to see her in. And she I.

How's that for a rambling answer.

je55ie
03-21-2015, 01:46 PM
i actually wanted to transition back when i was young but something major got in the way of that plan and sadly it was all pushed to the hidden depths for many years. In more recent times i started my intention to transition, i don't intend to just stop at crossdressing. But i do crossdress still, it makes me relaxed and i can feel more like myself when i am wearing the kind of clothes that i enjoy most and the clothes that i believe i should have always been wearing all my life.

I am not sure that i actually always wear appropriate clothing for me. I know i should pay more consideration to my age nowadays but i often dress in the way i feel i have missed out on. So i guess i am often dressing in the way a younger woman would. Hopefully most of the time i do actually pull it off, after all i am very young at heart.

I am always looking at other women when i am out and about and i am always thinking when i really like how they are dressed for them that maybe it could work for me too, so i try out styles and particular clothing based on what i have seen working so well for women i see.

I guess i am really still going through a trial and error process that seems to have been going on forever while i try to lock down my own personal style and look.

Alice B
03-21-2015, 01:54 PM
My choice is what I think looks good on me. But then when I dress I am a woman

Beverley Sims
03-21-2015, 03:41 PM
My wife would not look as good in a skater skirt as I do and a skater skirt does not look that good on me either these days.

I keep my secret wishes firmly under wraps.:)

Tracy Hazel Lee
03-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Over my years of progressing further into my dressing hobby, I have taken huge inspiration from what I find attractive on other women. Everything that I have learned along the way has come from observation, and striving to replicate it. There have even been plenty of times where I initially thought that I didn't like a certain garment, look, or style, until I saw it done properly on a woman. Then after taking in what I saw, and tried it myself, I ended up liking it.

I'm not going to get into my feelings about how my SO dresses, because I tend to get all bent about it... But, I will say that a fair part of my dressing definitely helps to fill a hole that exists because we have such an other-worldly different opinion on clothing and appearance.

je55ie
03-21-2015, 04:59 PM
have to say though Tracy, your appearance is gorgeous <3

Rachael Leigh
03-21-2015, 05:04 PM
I don't think it does for me my style is my style and I tend to be a younger style than my age but also like a conservative more traditional dress.
I really want my wife also to have her style and I would like to think I can be helpful for her in that sense I've got a pretty good eye for fashion

je55ie
03-21-2015, 05:14 PM
yes i think i can see where you are coming from there Leigh, i think that's kind of the same deal with me as far as dressing goes, well said.

Alambi
03-21-2015, 05:34 PM
The clothes I buy are mostly the clothes I also like to see a girl wearing, especially overknee socks and short skirts :)

Natalie cupcake
03-21-2015, 05:42 PM
My style is what I like. My wife will give me her opinion if she thinks it looks good or not. My wife has her style and I do the same for her. We keep each other our best.

Tina_gm
03-21-2015, 06:41 PM
i suppose it does. What I find attractive I also feel I want to wear, or be, so yes, I guess.

Janine cd
03-21-2015, 07:11 PM
I have never tried to imitate my wife's dressing style. She has always chosen to wear slacks and tops rather than dresses and skirts. She never wears heels or high-heeled boots. It is only occasionally that she dresses up in totally feminine outfits, usually for formal family gatherings.

Lily Catherine
03-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Q1: I'd be lying if I attempted to deny that; despite my preference for them strapless dresses are far from modest by local standards. I try to choose what looks good on me (and isn't out of style) though. Cuteness hasn't been that much a factor. That said, while I find women in short shorts attractive, I would fail at pulling those shorts off myself.

Q2: I am still single. (Tries to laugh nervously) I admit that because I wish to have the freedom to dress and present however the heck I like, I'd be indifferent to how my potential GF would dress.

Q3: Definitely, but I have yet to reach a stage of overdoing it as of now.

Ceera
03-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Well, I didn't seriously start cross dressing until after my wife passed away unexpectedly. But when I go out as Ceera, I do dress nicer than my wife used to dress on the average. My wife didn't wear much jewelry and she favored casual, practical clothes. She certainly had a few nice outfits and good taste in clothes for most of the time we were married. But over the years as she put on weight, fewer and fewer of the nice things in her closet fit her, and she didn't want to buy nice clothes for her larger size - she hoped to lose that weight again, but just never quite managed to do so.

I now have a much nicer array of feminine clothes than she ever had, and very little of that is casual or grungy stuff. Wish fulfillment, though? I would not say so. More like my feminine self does have her own personal sense of style, and I like to dress well. My daughter still asks my advice on fashion, because she knows I have a good eye for feminine clothes.

I think if I find a new feminine companion, be she a GG or a CD, I would like it if she dresses as nicely as Ceera does. But it wouldn't bother me if she preferred to wear pants and other unisex or drab clothes - as long as she allows me to occasionally enjoy my pretty dresses and skirts!

cassiekat
03-21-2015, 09:10 PM
My second ex wife asked me this same question and I lied. Because I dress a bit ****y and she asked if that's how I thought women should dress, of course I said no. But that was before I met my "other half" my true femme self, whatever you want to call it and got more into" pretty" or classy dressing and now I am having a hard time shopping:(

Andrea Renea
03-22-2015, 05:31 AM
My wife does. She's always stealing my clothes, lol.

Sindyca
03-22-2015, 05:46 AM
Of course, dresses and shine soft materials like satin-silk and transparent materials they are so hot and feminine that is what every woman should wear and we :)

Lexi Moralas
03-22-2015, 07:29 AM
I'm going to give this one a simple YES

VictoriaW
03-22-2015, 09:01 AM
I agree 100%, my style is exactly what I find attractive in women, which makes me feel great when I look in the mirror :)

victoria76
03-22-2015, 01:03 PM
100% I always buy what I see them wearing and find attractive.
Part of the time I want the woman and what she's wearing! lol

CherylFlint
03-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Actually, yes.
I like see-through blouses, wife does not.
I wear stockings, wife does not.
I wear heels, wife does not.
I wear jewelry, wife does not.
I like short skirts and semi-sheer long skirts, wife wears slacks.
I wear suits, wife wears slacks with a sweater.
I wear perfume, wife seldom has perfume on.
I have longline bras, wife does not.
My bras have plenty of lace, wife’s bras are plane.
I wear pink lipstick, wife wears boring red.
I wear ribbons in my hair, wife does not.
But then my wife helps to dress me so I “pass”.
I think my wife thinks of me as a “doll” she can dress, just as little girls dress play dolls.
Hey, it works for both of us.
She’s happy to dress me and I’m happy being dressed.
She says she’d rather be looking at a nice looking woman than a man in a dress.

GypsyGirl10
03-22-2015, 10:46 PM
To a degree they do, but there are a lot of clothes I like on women that I can't make work for me. I'm also older so some styles just don't look right at this age, even though I like them on women half my age.

Still, I know that in the early years of my marriage I did buy my wife clothes I liked but they were always too girly, frilly, and feminine for her. I finally realized, with some chagrin, that I couldn't live out my desires by trying to turn her into my ideal of what a woman should dress like. She is who she is and I love her. She has a different, more practical style, like many here have already described. She has her own insecurities about how she looks compared to other women and maybe even my own style.

Like Cheryl (below), My tastes are quite different from my wife's. For instance I can walk all day in heels and she doesn't own one pair. What's interesting is that as I've expanded my dressing it's made her look at how she dresses. We joked the other day when I was working from home and all dressed up with jewelry, etc., that I probably dressed better at home than many women do to go to work! (she went off to work in black jeans, sweater, and low shoes, with matching gemstone necklace and earrings) But then this is the only place and time I have to look and feel pretty.

Gypsy

Dana44
03-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi Niki,
My SO does dress when we go out. Her dress style is nice, yet mine is far different. She does wear jewelry and a nice dress. I like high heels, like six inches, with a pencil skirt or a short skirt. She likes spikes, I like the wider heels. I have long hair, she has shorter hair. She say's that my style is very different than hers. However, she looks dressed well when we go out. I think that I do not blend well. But hey, why should I. If I look like a fine bitch, then be it.

Jeanettew
03-22-2015, 11:14 PM
My SO always looks very nice and takes pride in what she wears, i on the other hand wnat to look like a well dressed women at all times in stockings and nice heels, my dress style is always very femmine, if i could choose if i had an endless budget i would have a closet full of very stylish ladies cloths with a trend to high end fashion from the 40's and 50's

Lacy PJs
03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Ideally, I think what I would LIKE to wear reflects what I find attractive but in practical terms, I'm just not suited for shorter skirts, heels, etc. I think all of us who are happily married would like our spouses to wear what we find attractive.

Lacy PJs

Cheryl T
03-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Not at all.
My choice of attire is strictly what I feel good wearing and what I feel looks good on me. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I feel may look good on someone else or what I would like to see my wife wearing. She has her style and likes and so do I.
As for what might look good on another woman, well yes, I do use that as a guide so to speak. I see what women my age and build are wearing and use my judgment of their appearance to help tailor my style more quickly than the old buy/try/return system I used when I was younger.

sometimes_miss
03-23-2015, 02:34 PM
I wear stuff that reflects who I feel I am; unfortunately, with my screwed up mind, that means teenage girl, so 'junior' style outfits. What I like my dates to wear is stuff that looks like it came out of the Venus clothing catalogs; figure hugging, sexy outfits. The only odd thing is that I don't like the women I'm with to wear heels; it doesn't add any thing to their attractiveness (in my opinion), and I know what heels do to their feet.

UNDERDRESSER
03-23-2015, 03:36 PM
There are 2 questions here, yes, some of what I wear is reflections on what I find attractive on women. Though I don't feel it is "wish fulfilment" I like what it does for them, and I want some of that for myself. No, I don't "secretly" want my SO to wear the same stuff. She knows I like it when she wears skirts, and would like her to wear more items of hosiery. Unfortunately, she is rather sensitive where close fitting clothing is concerned, and finds it uncomfortable to wear thigh highs, and stockings are too much of pain except for special occasions. She does wear tights occasionally, and has accepted a fleece lined pair from me once. She is slim built up top, and this tends to make her not dress to enhance her top half, whereas I find it very attractive when she does. The most important thing is that I don't regard her as a dress up doll for my viewing pleasure, she will quite often dress nicely just for own good feeling, and sometimes for special occasions. She will also sometimes dress nicely just for me, and I am most appreciative when she does.

LookingGlass
03-23-2015, 05:18 PM
I just did some spring cleaning on my closet and rearranged the Danielle wardrobe. I noticed that most are things I would have loved to have seen on a woman I dated or married. After years of battling with male image issues from being "too skinny" (6'0" and normally 155 lbs. Lots of jokes in high school and "critiques" in adult life about it) I have decided that in Danielle mode I just get to be a tall, skinny girl with get to wear form fitting, pretty clothes that make me feel better. Heels make it better even if they do launch me into "amazon" height as the ex calls it.

suchacutie
03-23-2015, 05:51 PM
To dress in a way I find attractive on women I see I'd need the body for it. Since my bones are fixed, I dress the way that shows Tina off to her advantage.

As to my wife, I have no fashion wishes. I married her because I love her, do naturally she is perfect :)

LaurenS
03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
I dress in clothes that are comfortable and stylish and appropriate for the time. So, as much as I would like to rock an LBD, I don't (yet) have opportunity to do that.

I'm usually knocking about in shorts, jeans, blouse, etc. that are casual and practical.

Makeup and hair to match.

Have to make sure they look good on me, too.