PDA

View Full Version : Do you pluck your brows?

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Ive plucked my brows a little in the past, but the other day I went a little over board and pretty mych took my brows WAY out of the realm of manhood. Of course this did improve my look, but I still feel nervous about them. I would love to keep the this way, but Im not sure. What do you think?

Keely
02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Amanda,
They look pretty good to me. I guess if it was a drastic change people might notice. Then again maybe not.

My wife plucked mine last week, not too drastic and not as shapely as yours. She said she would do more later. Maybe this weekend I'll end up with much better brows.

Keely

Jodi
02-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I routinely check mine and pluck as needed.

Jodi

Keyplayer74
02-02-2006, 09:23 PM
If we could see a drab pic - no makeup, regular hair. In that pic you pretty much look like a chick to me. :D

Ive plucked my brows a little in the past, but the other day I went a little over board and pretty mych took my brows WAY out of the realm of manhood. Of course this did improve my look, but I still feel nervous about them. I would love to keep the this way, but Im not sure. What do you think?

michelleliz
02-02-2006, 09:23 PM
They look greatSo does your face what do you do to hide your beard?

Michelleliz

Stacy Reso
02-02-2006, 09:25 PM
i basically have a monobrow but the hair btween the brows is really light so you have to look for it

Katrina
02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
They look great! I love shapely eyebrows. I vote for a drab picture as well, but don't do it if you are not comfortable. I have "trimmed" mine as well, but they are still pretty masculine. I wish I had the guts to make them more fem...

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
They look greatSo does your face what do you do to hide your beard?

Michelleliz

I just shave in every concievable direction with a very sharp and new mach 3 turbo, then in this pic, im using Cover Girl Fresh Look and a little blush.

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok, Ok, here ya go its a little dark in here tho!

Gisele
02-02-2006, 09:30 PM
I pluck mine and I wish I had the nerve to get mine like yours. I like yours BTW!

DanaJ
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Naw - they don't look too bad at all to me. Now, I have had mine done pretty thin and arched.

BTW, this is the one thing that will make a drastic change of appearance for a CDer. I alsways suggest letting a pro do it the first time, then you can just maintain the shape ;)

Keely
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Dana,

Great brows, maybe someday. Really like your new avatar.

Keely

Melinda G
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
My old girlfriend noticed, and asked me one time if I plucked my eyebrows. I just said yes, "bushy Andy Rooney eyebrows make a guy look old". I think she bought it.:cheeky:

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Yea the first time she(my ex wife) asked me I said I hated my bushy brows,and she bought it but said to leave em alone from there on out, well it wasent long before the urge over powerd me and I plucked away. Her reaction, she said I looked gay! Well that stopped me untill recently when we split.Now Im on unemployment and single with lots of time to work on my look and a check every week to help me with the expense of womanhood!

Cathy Anderson
02-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I wish mine looked that good plucked!

The one on your left (r. side of picture) looks a little more plucked than the other side. You might try keeping them both more like the one on your right side.

Cheers,

Cathy

KateW
02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
If it helps, mine are actually a bit thinner then yours, and I hardly get any comments at all about it. In fact, the last comment I can remember was from a lady in a shop saying how much she liked them, and she wished she had eyebrows shaped like mine.

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Yours do look great ! :)

TGMarla
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi Amanda. I think your brows look terrific. And if I superimpose what I guess you look like as a guy, I really don't see much of a problem with it. And don't ever let some girl tell you to leave them alone. They're your eyebrows, after all. And furthermore, who died and made her the authority on what gay guys look like? I pluck mine only enough to keep the "Andy Rooney" look away. But then, mine aren't all that thick to begin with.

Staci
02-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't think youwill have any problems amanda. I just about shaved mine off completely. It was a mistake of course. Nobody said a word. I do pluck them a little buy not the shape you did. People will just get use to it and it will become a part of you. I would not worry about it. Just be you.

nancy58
02-02-2006, 10:21 PM
You did a fine job, there. Seeing your face, I wasn't sure I was in the right forum! A "before" picture would have been good, but I understand perfectly if you don't want to post one.

Here's a question some of you might be able to answer: My eyebrows are so light and thin that they're not generally visible unless the light hits them from the correct angle. I've tried a time or two to use an eyebrow pencil on them, but the resulting face looks like a Charlie Chaplin wannabe. Should I just leave them alone?

KateW
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I heard an Australian comedian observe that having your right ear pierced is supposedly a sign of being gay in England. He said that in his country, to be gay you had to have intercourse with someone of the same sex. I think this thinking can also be applied to eyebrows!

Anyway, I think your brows look fantastic!!!

renee k
02-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I agree with Danaj ,have a professional due them. You'll like the results. I've had mine waxed and now by my the gal that does my electrolysis. If you have them thinned and shaped,alittle at a time no one will notice.

Huggs, Renee

Ms. Donna
02-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I keep mine prety well cleaned up - you can tell they're plucked - but not overly done. I'll usually define them bit more with a pencil / powder. The pic is sans makeup.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Kim E
02-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Hello Amanda ~
I think your brows look great. I have a GG friend who works in a salon, who keeps mine waxed and shaped.

Kim

KellyCD
02-03-2006, 04:16 AM
I get mine waxed about every other week or so.

Girly Sara
02-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Amanda, ur brows look fine to me hun. Just go for it girl! I have mine waxed every 2 weeks and currently have my brows and lashes tinted....not forgetting french manicured nails! :)

Good luck!

Sara xxxx

ronda
02-03-2006, 05:20 AM
i do mine wish i could make them look that good. if you like your look don't worry about other poeple and what they think.:D

Teddie
02-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Great look!

I don't pluck my eyebrows, my wife does it for me ;) And, they are actually more feminine, if that possible, than yours. And, no one says anything about it.

rhonda jane
02-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Yours look great to me. If you are living as a man often, you could back off a bit. If you look at the GG's, it's a matter of choice. There are some who have them professionally done and some who go for a less arched, more natural look.

From your picture, it might be a bit of a challenge for you to look more masculine. I'm sure you have no problem passing when you get dolled up.

I pluck mine but mainly to get the hairs that seem to be on a path of their own. No one has mentioned anything to me about them. I also trim them with scissors to tame down any bushiness.

swiss_susan
02-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Its better than my (almost) unibrow.

I think it looks great. And as to other people noticing, in my experience people are not all that observant.

I play rugby and as such am often nude in the lockerroom. Nobody notice my shaved legs, which had been quite hairy, until Haloween when I was dressed as a schoolgirl. and one of the lads was rubbing my legs, which earned him a slap. All he asked was did I shave them specially or was I just not very hairy.

So go for it I say.

Susan

S. Lisa Smith
02-03-2006, 07:37 AM
I have mine waxed every two weeks. No one has ever said a word, not even my wife.

Penny
02-03-2006, 08:59 AM
They look fine to me; you could even thin them closer to the center near at the bottom to contour with your evelid. I pluck mine frequently and they are much thinner than yours and I have never been questioned. Do you know someone who's one of those people you just did'nt want offend? Well, I try
to be one of those! Be nice and be frendly; pay people compliments. You will find it hard to win if you can't take the offensive in what you say or do. I have been questioned in other areas of my appearance and that's when I had to fire back. If someone were to question my eyebrows I would respond something like this " yes I keep them like this just like I trim my nosehairs, hair in my ear and shave daily; I already know too many slobs and don't care to be one myself". I'm sure this kind of comment will cause the questioner to
take a good long look in the mirror. How we look doesn't define who we are!;) So look however you want to!

Miriannah
02-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I pluck mine regularly...I have to, because I have rather thick brows and in no way will I let them take over. I'm going to be sculpting them within the week though. I'll see where that leads! :D

Louise
02-03-2006, 09:18 AM
mine are similar to yours , if i go out in 'drab' i always wear my baseball cap, the long peak seems to distract certain people [the one's who its best to distract !].............:doh:

suchacutie
02-03-2006, 09:34 AM
your brows look wonderful!

I keep mine tidy and luckily mine are so thin that it's hard to notice they are there in any case! They are slowly moving after my wife showed me how to help them along into a little more of an arch!

Darlene Rochelle
02-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I have mine waxed as I can't see well enough to have them plucked. They look so much better waxed:bs:

Amanda420
02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the opinions, I did forget to mention that before I started to narrow out my brows, I bleached them little by little over a 3 week period. This has nearly made them invisible except under the right light. So I guess that may help in why no one has said any thing to me about them. But I havent seen my ex since the last severe plucking. She always says something like "LEAVE YOUR EYEBROWS ALONE!" right in front of anyone arond.

Kristina Marie
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I think they look fabulous Amanda. Keep them that way, i to hate and have bushy brows. Wish i had the courage to do mine like yours.

DanaJ
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Amanda, I meant to ask you - yesterday you said you threaded your brows, now you said plucked. I was just curious if you have ever threaded them yourself?

Phyliss
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
If I don't control my eyebrows, I end up looking like the lawyer on "Law and Order" looks like I've two pet caterpillars over my eyes.

About eight months ago when I had a hair cut I had my barber girl trim them close. Nobody noticed, I guess the hair cut distracted the view. The next month when I had my hair cut I had her wax a bit to narrow then up. Again no notice. Plucked a few hairs to thin them out and still no mention.

The point is, with patience and time the end result will work with no notice. Yesterday I had my normal appointment and had her wax, thin, and narrow them well, including shortening them by almost 3/8 inch on each end.

Now I'm somewhat satisfied with them. Just have to keep at this.

Who knew that trying to look nice took so much work?

pattied
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
My old girlfriend noticed, and asked me one time if I plucked my eyebrows. I just said yes, "bushy Andy Rooney eyebrows make a guy look old". I think she bought it.:cheeky:

Or she believes what she wants to believe!!!:bs:

pattied
02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Amanda, I meant to ask you - yesterday you said you threaded your brows, now you said plucked. I was just curious if you have ever threaded them yourself?

Oh yes.. this I want to know too... I have been considering threading, but haven't really learned the technique. :(

And I think they look awesome!!! I have thinned mine some, too much actually, so I have to let them grow back before I do anything else to them. :o

But fantastic job!!!

Ms Alison Janes
02-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Too painful, My brow hairs are like piano wires.

Marla
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I have very light eyebrows especially during the summer so just a little trimming is necessary. Guess im lucky. Yours look very fem but who cares!

Rachael Warren
02-03-2006, 03:30 PM
My sister in law asked me the other day if I had been plucking mine, I replied not in a week or so! ;)

She had noticed a change in my look, I had to point out that I had had my hair cut short! :bs:

She is the only person ever to comment about them!

ErikaLeigh
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
If I don't control my eyebrows, I end up looking like the lawyer on "Law and Order" looks like I've two pet caterpillars over my eyes.

LOL, I am with you on that phyllis. I started plucking mine about 5 years ago. I also trim them to get rid of the ones that are too long. I only did a few extra hairs each month so the transition was gradual. I have slowed down a little since there is a more noticable arch, but I am going to get bold and start thinning more.

VeronicaMoonlit
02-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I've havmine waxed on now and then and I tweeze ( chickens are plucked, brows are tweezed. :-) ) every now and then, I am surprised that no one says a thing.

Veronica

Miriannah
02-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Too painful, My brow hairs are like piano wires.
If you do it enough, it won't hurt at all anymore. I've been plucking long enough to where I barely feel a tug when one comes out, and the constantly-removed ones come out quite easily, too. ;)

Lauren415
02-04-2006, 08:09 AM
your brows look great:thumbsup:

I get mine waxed monthly

Jamie M
02-04-2006, 08:10 AM
i have been shaping my brows for quite some time now . It got quite embarrasing when i first did it I went a bit mad and people ended up noticing and commenting on it . I go a bit easier on them now but they are still pretty skinny i think .

if people notice them now it's only to say how much better they look than before as they were a bit on the wild side naturally and this from people who dont know about julia :thumbsup:

ashlee chiffon
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
all i have to say is "Sweeet"! Looks great Amanda and i wouldn't worry too much unless you pencil them. Guys probably won't notice as much as GG's will...gals notice Everything when it comes to details like that...but will probably only smile and not say anything.
...touching them up will give you away, for sure...but when dressed, that's what you want!
*hugs*

Amanda420
02-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, all, Im definitly keepin em for a while. I just dont really care anymore what people think. Besides im big enough to kick most peoples asses!

MsJanessa
02-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I have them waxed and plucked every time I get a haircut (about every six weeks) and pluck them in between if needed.

dani_grl03
02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I get mine waxed about every 3 weeks. At first I was nervouse about asking for a feminine shape and style. I have now gotten to the point of showing a photo of how I want them done. So far no one has said a word about them or doing them.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/Dani/76136ae9.jpg

Yes this thin and this shape. :bs:

Lindahexi
02-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Amanda your eyebrows look really nice, no way would I change them if mine looked that good. I don't think many people will look at your brows and think that you are a CD, they do look very feminine in the pic, but I doubt if anybody will comment when you are in drab.

Stacie Stockman
02-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I get mine waxed every time I get my hair cut.

Laurie Ann
02-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I have been slowly tweezing my brows to get more shape and definition trying for a cross between feminine and manly.

Tina Dixon
02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Funny during my make over today Shirly that great gal that did asked if I plucked mine, and I don't, guess im one of the lucky ones there.

Amanda420
02-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Just a little update, Today both my ex-wife and good friend whom I havent seen In about 2 weeks saw me today, and didnt say anything about my brows. So I guess its settled, Im keepin em!

Tina Dixon
02-04-2006, 10:57 PM
:thumbsup:

Karren H
02-04-2006, 11:09 PM
It looks very nice. I also pluck my eye brows pretty slim but leave the individual hairs a little longer so I can muss them up for male mode.

Love Karren

TaraB
02-04-2006, 11:12 PM

the thing i've notice...

you can get away with plucking your brows if you go metrosexual in your drab mode. People just expect it and don't question it. You might get the "is he gay?" but if you have a girlfriend/wife then its just "he's a pretty boy"

HaleyPink2000
02-05-2006, 02:26 AM
http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=13390&media=G64910&days=XVQ&OVRAW=eye%20brow%20make%20up&OVKEY=eye%20brow%20make%20up&OVMTC=standard

Eye brow stencil is the way to go!
Haley:)

DanaJ
02-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Just a little update, Today both my ex-wife and good friend whom I havent seen In about 2 weeks saw me today, and didnt say anything about my brows. So I guess its settled, Im keepin em!Amanda, I doubt you will answer this, as you have ignored or side-stepped every question I have asked you so far - but why would you care what your ex-wife thinks? Are you saying if she had commented negatively on your brows, you would change them for an ex?

Amanda420
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
why would you care what your ex-wife thinks? Are you saying if she had commented negatively on your brows, you would change them for an ex?
Sorry if I didnt reply to another comment made, I try to resond to everyone,but im still kinda new to this. I dont think I would change them but, I thought for sure if anyone would say something negative, it would be her. Maybe since I bleached them its not as noticable as I seem to think.

DanaJ
02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I only asked because you stated in post #53
I just dont really care anymore what people think. Besides im big enough to kick most peoples asses! - so that is why I asked why it mattered what the ex thought.....

Oh - and can we please keep the macho BS out of the forum please? Thanks :)

Tina Dixon
02-05-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=13390&media=G64910&days=XVQ&OVRAW=eye%20brow%20make%20up&OVKEY=eye%20brow%20make%20up&OVMTC=standard

Eye brow stencil is the way to go!
Haley:)

There is some thing for ever thing in this world:cool:

NatalieBliss
02-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Even if I was not a crossdresser I think I would pluck my eyebrows, unless of course I was some sort of genius inventor, but I think that goes without saying... :D

Wenda
02-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Lots of nice brows! I pluck and wax mine. without maintenance they spread down onto my upper eyelids (fine little hairs) and straggle out to the sides. I, too felt I got carried away one night, but no one mentioned it, even my gf, who comments. I also pluck out any white hairs (which resulted in my gf insisting that I had left mascara on), and I remove some very coarse black hairs which have started to infest my brows with age. My ex of thirty years didnt comment when we met a month ago, so I guess as long as you maintain the natural shape of your brows, people dont really notice if you are grooming them. Mine are about half the width they would be without trimming. I like the wax because it removes ALL the hairs, even the little light coloured ones, and leave a really nice clean brow. It is tricky, though, and if someone can help you with it, I recommend it.

Sweet Susan
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
I think your eyebrows look great, but if you have close friends or a girl friend or wife, they will all notice, particularly if you have had bushy eyebrows. I keep mine toned down, and my wife protests, but I can't seem to stop myself. My coworkers have never mentioned it, though I'm sure they must have noticed, particularly when they see pictures of me when I was younger and had very bushy eyebrows. I'd love to have brows like yours. I'd keep them that way if it were me and I was already there. It's getting there that is tough. Congrats!

Rachel Morley
02-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi Amanda,

Mine are also plucked. Even though I think it's pretty obvious, no one has said a thing to me, even at work. Here's a close up picture of my brows in guy mode and no make up! :eek:

daniellalee
02-05-2006, 05:42 PM
i started tweezing my eyebrows at age 18 and have never stoped ever since.
at first i think i made them too thin but now i think they look great. some may still think they are too thin but who cares what they think if i'm happy.
the fist few comments were " you look asian" and "you look like a girl haha"
I'm like HAHA thats the point dork. :angry:

mskilmer
02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Amanda -

Great brows ... beautiful skin! I try to keep mine under control by selectively plucking the "Andy Rooney" ones. You look terrific!

nicki
02-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Hello Amanda
Your eye brows look great,,,you can help me with mine. Im like you , took mine more and more fem,,No one has every said a word

dawnmcdaniels
02-07-2006, 07:45 AM
They look just fine...a clean look is in. I keep mine about the same and get them done at a salon every 2 weeks. Now that you got them ...flaunt them. People will not think your gay as long as you keep shaving and your hair cut they will think its just good grooming.

Sierra Evon
02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I do think too that your eye brows look great that way . I dont have mine done up like that but , it does help make the look. see-ya
Sierra ....

Michelle I
02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi Amanda

Your brow look great, since Angel posted I am posting mine. They are plucked and waxed every 5 weeks.

Melissa

daniellalee
02-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Just thought i would get some of you girls opinions on my eyebrows. I pluck them about once a week. Are they too thin?

Brittney M
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I pluck mine. I have been slowly getting the to the shape that I want so it's not a drastic change, that way it won't be as noticable as much. Yours look great!

Liberty
02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Amanda and Daniella both have beautiful brows, not too thin but I think Danielle should stay right there. Amanda, you look awesome. I am going to be doing this soon, I should be able to make them look really good because I have enough to work with, it's my chance to get it right the first time so I am considering professional assistance so I don't screw it up. I'm also concerned only a little bit because of my high profile position and business relationships. I wish it could take place gradually so as not to shock anyone. You all know the story of the frog and boiling water? If not, ask someone...

lela
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I have my eyebrows waxed. I have a slight arch, but not too thin. I think you look very lady like.