PDA

View Full Version : Posting your face

Keyplayer74
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Howdy folks..

Just curious - those of you who have posted your face, what's your level of being out? I don't think I could ever actually do it. I've been curious of the reactions I would get, but I'm way too worried about who might see it, copy it, pass it around, you name it... heck I could show up on a google search or something - call me paranoid...

-- KP

genevieve
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
posting my face isnt too bothering as I am always wearing a wig, makeup and usually earrings. however my makeup must cover facial scars, i have a few at my eye from an accident. that would be a true tell as they say in poker. look into your mirror and see who you are and if you are him do not post, if you are her, please do share with friends only if you are comfortable

Amanda420
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Well Im not that popular of a guy so I dont really worry about it! Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!

Stacy Reso
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM
i would show my face if i knew how to get the pix on the comp

Keyplayer74
02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
posting my face isnt too bothering as I am always wearing a wig, makeup and usually earrings. however my makeup must cover facial scars, i have a few at my eye from an accident. that would be a true tell as they say in poker. look into your mirror and see who you are and if you are him do not post, if you are her, please do share with friends only if you are comfortable

Although I think I look very different.. I still recognize myself.. but I'm not sure if anyone else would! Tough one.

Butterfly Bill
02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
i would show my face if i knew how to get the pix on the comp

You use a scanner for paper prints, or you get a digital camera that can load images on directly

Stacy Reso
02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
im getting a scanner soon so ill have to find a way to get cd photos of me

TGMarla
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I only post it here. My wife knows I crossdress, and a very few people know as well, but I don't advertise it. She has never to my knowledge seen a picture of me dressed, and she doesn't come onto this site. As far as I know, no one knows I'm here except for all of you.

GypsyKaren
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm out pretty much everywhere except at work, and that will soon change. I really don't worry about someone seeing my picture here and setting up a picket line in front of my house.

GypsyKaren

Amanduhrob
02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm only out to Holly, but since my parents have passed, I really don't care if any of my other family, or friends find out.

jenny_centaur
02-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Well Im not that popular of a guy so I dont really worry about it! Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!

My sentiments exactly, to the very word! ;)

kathy gg
02-02-2006, 11:28 PM
My hubby has had a website since roughly 1997, when we married in 1999 I also started showing my face online on his site as well. In all the years, me a gg, has been plastered all over our site, published in the book "My Husband betty", and I am sure cut and pasted on others sites as well, I have yet to get "recognized" either on the street, or by people outside of the local cd community.

Basically I have found unless people are in the know they don't know. And my avatar, that is me, it is not a fake photo, or retouched, or anything other than me. I think gg's who show their face have much more to worry about than cd's. I mean you are in disguise, we are not.

But I do sympathize with the paranoia. And a little paranoia is a GOOD THING when you are not out to your spouse.

Sharon
02-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm out to all who I care about. Any others, I don't care.

Gisele
02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
The only one that knows is my fiance. I really am almost at a point with my CDing that I don't care about who knows.

Kim E
02-02-2006, 11:49 PM

My feelings exactly.

Kim

Mirragea
02-03-2006, 12:05 AM

Yeah that's how I feel.

gwenrob43
02-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi all,
Some of you seem so strong, I wish I didn't care who knew or even that my wife just knew. That would be good enough if she just knew. I'm scared to death of her finding out. It might just destroy us. Someday it will happen, and I'll be out. LOL, I'll need it. Gwen:thumbsup:

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-03-2006, 01:27 AM
As Kathy GG said, we're effectively in disguise so I'm not that worried -- but if happens, it happens.

For what it's worth, I showed my avatar photos around at my hair salon as my "Halloween outfit" and people said they never would've guessed it was me (although some folks said they thought it was my sister). Of course it could just be flattery, but one of the stylists who doesn't know me didn't believe it at first when she was told and was convinced it was my girlfiend.

Paula Rae
02-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Quote Sharon: "I'm out to all who I care about. Any others, I don't care."

I have the same sentiments as Sharon and Kim has the same feeling, thanks for the wording Sharon, you made it easy for us.

I even have printed cards with my avatar on them, the very one you see here. I've also posted my picture here, dressed but without makeup or a wig. (I'm prettier with a wig and makeup) :cheeky:

Ricki B

Dana
02-03-2006, 01:50 AM

Reminds me of the quote by John Wayne, when he was catching flak for having filmed "The Green Berets" in which he said ~ "I seekthe love of my family and the admiration of my friends! The rest can go to Hell!" :clap:

cyle_elise
02-03-2006, 02:12 AM
better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not?

learned that from a country song, we know how open and liberal those guys are :p

anyway i doubt ANYone knows. I would be surprised to find out if anyone did. sometimes i feel like telling people, but its oddly easier to trust people ive never met than it is to tell people i know.

InHerShoes
02-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!

Ditto to that, my friend.

Sherrie
02-03-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm out to a couple of my closest friends, and they have seen me dressed and said they wouldn't have recognized me this way so I dont worry about it. Besides I am becomming more comfortable and going out dressed more and more. I think in a year or two I may not even care. It is just who I am. I cannot change it. I have tried in the past, but it keeps me comming back. Now my wife has known for just over a year, and is becomming more accepting. My family knows other than my dad. (he is one who I am afraid to tell the most) Those at work well they dont know, but they have seen me go through alot of changes. Clear polish on my nails, shaved body, and ears pierced in the last year. I think some may have suspisions, but that doesnt bother me.

jo_ann
02-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm fine with posting my femme pics on here, as long as they aren't just below my male pics and people can put two and two together (though many on here have in a "before/after" thread, which I gave big credit to.

Carlacd
02-03-2006, 07:06 AM

Wouldn't have with my guy pic. It was the first time i saw Carla myself, and i am proud of her.

Fionax
02-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!

I'm with Amanda on this. That said guys are not very good at spotting likenesses. ggs can look at a photo of a baby and say he looks just like his uncle or whatever, or he's got his mother's eyes. It would be interesting to know how many close gg friends can drill down in a cd's photo and work out who it really is. Mighty difficult without coming out, and no point if they know already though.

Fi

Tina Dixon
02-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Never been out, just the make overs and they are the only ones that know, my pictures are all over here and other places on the net, but Tina don't look at all like Tim so im not to worried, and if I get found out? I guess Tina comes out even more then.

Lilith Moon
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm only out to my wife and she is terrified that others might find out. She doesn't know about my activities/images here although she is aware of "that newsgroup".

Stormgirl
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Until I get out,nobody will see my ugly face.

Amanda420
02-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi all,
Some of you seem so strong, I wish I didn't care who knew or even that my wife just knew. That would be good enough if she just knew. I'm scared to death of her finding out. It might just destroy us. Someday it will happen, and I'll be out. LOL, I'll need it. Gwen:thumbsup:

There are was to drop subbtle hints to your SO to see how she would react to crossdressing or transgenderd. There are things on TV and movies you can watch and see ,or ask what she thinks about what she sees.
I tried this with my wife and she thought that they(crossdressers) were "gross" so of course I backed off. But you cant fight who you are forever, im barley learning , and the longer you supress, it becomes harder to be a normal happy person. You dont want to get caught in the act though, Imagine walking in on your wife and she was glueing fake hair to her underarms,legs and face, and cutting her hair and weaing your clothes!If youre gonna tell her let her down easy.It will be the hardest thing you ever did, but believe me the weight of the secret off your chest will be a huge relief.

JoAnnDallas
02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I am in the closet. The only people that know about me are here on this and another forum.

MsJanessa
02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
with a wig and make up I look so much diffrent then My guy self that very few people if any would recognize Me.

Kimberly
02-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Exactly!! xx

Imogen_Mann
02-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I post my face (it's over there, in my avatar), but I'm way back here in the closet.
Why worry about posting it ? If anyone who know's me comes here.... and see's me... I'd like to know who, and why, and what they're doing here ?

I once spoke to someone when I needed a lot of help, and told her that a member of my family was using the threat of outing me as blackmail. She thought about this and said... "if she out's you, A... she'll have to admit that she knows... B... She'll have to admit that It's happening in her family... and C... She'd risk me exposing her... and let's face it that was not gonna happen.

What the worst that could happen ? my boss see's my picture here ? Hey... screw him, if he tried to out me, I'd send a link to everyone at work via email directing them to his advert on swingers. co. uk. Now THATS what I call insurance !

XX

Jayme.

Amelie
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I post my face (it's over there, in my avatar), but I'm way back here in the closet.
Why worry about posting it ? If anyone who know's me comes here.... and see's me... I'd like to know who, and why, and what they're doing here ?

I once spoke to someone when I needed a lot of help, and told her that a member of my family was using the threat of outing me as blackmail. She thought about this and said... "if she out's you, A... she'll have to admit that she knows... B... She'll have to admit that It's happening in her family... and C... She'd risk me exposing her... and let's face it that was not gonna happen.

What the worst that could happen ? my boss see's my picture here ? Hey... screw him, if he tried to out me, I'd send a link to everyone at work via email directing them to his advert on swingers. co. uk. Now THATS what I call insurance !

XX

Jayme.

Oh My, I think I met your boss on swingers.co.uk ,, we have a date this saturday. Lol

Not all of us are wearing a disguise. If we go out and about dressed like our pics then people can recognize us just the same as the females who post pics.

I post a pic, as Sharon says, the ones who I care about know, and the ones that I don't know, I don't care about.

Imogen_Mann
02-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Oh My, I think I met your boss on swingers.co.uk ,, we have a date this saturday. Lol

He's my brother in law too... So you'd be making him cheat on my sister ? (Not difficult, you're way better looking than her !!).

LOL !!

XX

Jayme

Adrianne
02-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I am out to a few close friends, but i just hope my family don't find out.

Deidra Cowen
02-03-2006, 07:40 PM
My pics are all over the place...but no one ever connects my femme side with my male side. I have also gone to places like the liqour store, grocery, etc in both dressed as a male and a female...no one has busted me yet.

stlmichelle
02-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I would and will post my femme pics. I just don't have any yet. Even my wife hasn't really seem my femme self.

Jeri Rene
02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Well I have only posted the one pic but I am a closet dweller. Nobody knows I dress....at least I don't think they do...

Tiffany Anne 9954
02-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I show my face because it lets people know what i actually look like. I might not look all the way femme (makeup etc.) but at least i'am wearing something femme and pretty. I was shy about putting pics of myself up before but since digital cameras arrived I took the plunge. Now people when they reply to me will be assured the pic you see is the one your actually responding to.
Tiffany Anne

Noel Chimes
02-04-2006, 04:46 PM
The only people who have seen me as you see me in my avitar are my wife , a cousin, and the girlz from a neighborhood support group. I'm still not prepared for daylight romps through Lord and Taylors, or Dillards. I think I still need a lot of work before I am ready for that. What do all of you think?:o however it's nice to see all of your beautiful faces. Don't you like to see who you are talking to?:clap:

jenny c
02-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I am very much public well where the internet is concerned my photo is very much posted all around the world on various groups and forums this i have no problem with a few clothes friends and some family know about Jenny that is about it i have no problems with it at all.

serinalynn
02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
My wife knows I crossdress and I don't really care if any one else knows or not. My wife and my daughter are comfortable with me in womens clothes and I like to be comfortable in what I wear. There are times my wife and I go out and I'm wearing a obvioulsy womens top and pants. I can tell my wife gets a little nervous about some one saying some thing or pointing and laughing but so far no one has. I don't believe they will either.
The picture in my avatar is ME wearing a long blond wig and a nice femmine top with a sweatheart neck line.

AprilMae
02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Reminds me of the quote by John Wayne, when he was catching flak for having filmed "The Green Berets" in which he said ~ "I seekthe love of my family and the admiration of my friends! The rest can go to Hell!" :clap:
Or as Jerry Lewis responded to someone who questioned his sincerity in his Muscular dystrophy work:"To those who know me, no explanation is necessary, to those who don't know me, no explanation will suffuce".

Camille
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Only very few of my close friends know about this side of me and have seen me.

Even though with make-up and wig I think i'm not easily recognizable my biggest fear would be that someone I don't want to find a picture of me and know it's me. This is why I don't usually publish full face pictures.

Also I would love to be better in making up my face as I'm still not fully satisfied with my look - but I'm working on it.

HaleyPink2000
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't actually care much who knows. In two years when I'm retired I really won't care at all.

Haley:)

Aileen
02-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Well, I wouldn't post my face somewhere where my first and last name are. I don't want anyone doing a search on my name. But if they did find me somehow and managed to recognize me, I think most people I know would be more embarrassed than me, in fact too embarrassed to tell me about it. If someone were to try to blackmail me about it, I don't know who he could threaten to tell. I'm sure they don't care at work. I'm not married. It would've gone badly if they'd told my parents in the past, but now my Dad is no longer alive, and my mother is in a home. So I'm free, pretty much.

Laurie Ann
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM

My sentiments exactly.

maggie
02-07-2006, 05:15 PM
I am an amateur actor who occasionally does female impersonation, and I have been able to fool people who had known me for years, even at close range. However, now that quite a few people have seen me perform as a woman on stage, they would probably recognize me in both my male and female personas. I make sure not to show my profile in my pictures, because that aspect of me is more recognizable.

Maggie

MaylinJane
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I just recently updated my avatar to show my face, my main reason for not before was my five o'clock shadow but the laser treatments are doing wonders for that. I'm only out to my wife for the time being, none of the rest of my family knows about me and I really don't have any friends. I honestly don't care if anybody finds out anymore. This is who I am.

May

Khriss
02-10-2006, 12:00 AM
... I'd admitt posting pic's of my "alter ego" is a kind of rush to me... I'd be amazed if even anyone I knew could make a connection from Khriss to my rather "drab" daily -much more utilitarian...mode of appearance.
(thevoicewouldsurelybethecatchnodoubt)..."K" is more provacative..I think :eek: :D xx"K" and with as many close and full face pics as I've posted...
I figure what the *&%^... done deal now eh??

Liberty
02-10-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not too worried either about posting my pic, I am very popular and it may be a bit risky just cause so many people do know me across the US, but I'm not married anymore and I'm the boss (can't fire myself), but maybe I could lose a client, naw!! I just want to put my best foot forward and maybe even go get a makeover just to suprise myself and then have a very pretty avatar. So I'm new here but I'm thinking about it!! I'm going through laser right now, should be finished by late spring, then I'm doing it.

Sweet Susan
02-10-2006, 02:19 AM
I look absolutely nothing like my photos. The wig, make-up, and lipstick really change things. I agree with Kathy. The GG's who post their photos are really much more at risk, though I'm not sure at what they are at risk, except to expose their husbands.

Keely
02-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Post my face...Never.

Then again there is that pesky avatar.

Sophia Rearen
02-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Much apprehension early on about posting pictures including face. Never had a problem or been recognised since I started. Go for it girls!

Rachael Warren
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't really know why some worry about people seeing their face here, after all this is a crossdressing site, so who would come to it? I don't mind another crossdresser discovering me!

I have even posted my boy face side by side with my girl face on the internet, I know a few here have seen them.

As for being out, the people that need to know do, those that wanted to see me have, and some that didn't have too! :D

AprilMae
02-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm a ways off from posting pictures. Firstly I'm nowhere near presentable, and one of the first questions my S/O asked was "You haven't put pictures of yourself up, have you?" She is not too keen on that idea right now.

Megan1958
02-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I just recently updated my avatar to show my face, my main reason for not before was my five o'clock shadow but the laser treatments are doing wonders for that. I'm only out to my wife for the time being, none of the rest of my family knows about me and I really don't have any friends. I honestly don't care if anybody finds out anymore. This is who I am.

May
JUST BE YOU, YOU GOT A FRIEND HERE,, DONT BE SHY, I DONT BITE, LOL,
MEGAN1958

I'm a ways off from posting pictures. Firstly I'm nowhere near presentable, and one of the first questions my S/O asked was "You haven't put pictures of yourself up, have you?" She is not too keen on that idea right now.
I love the quote,, that is cute,, well we look forward to seeing your face on here soon, everyone is just beautiful
megan1958

Joanne08
02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I figure anyone who is surfing this website and sees my pic and recognizes me I wouldn't mind if they knew I was a Cross Dresser. Most people will not even know about this forum. I even posted my guy picture here.

Jo

Reana
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I've posted numerous pics in Yahoo CD groups and have never been that hesitant to share pics with some persons I IM with through Yahoo. To my knowledge no one that would compromise me has seen any of my pics. I have only two real concerns about being exposed. The first would be the negative reflection it might have on those closely associated with me. The other would be that the person viewing might think I don't look good. Other than that I really just don't care. I don't believe in aggressively looking for trouble but at the same time I'm very much in touch with the reality of my age and have reached the point that I don't need to live for the outside world. Those in that outside world have plenty of problems/concerns of their own and will no doubt get over my dressing very quickly, as their personal concerns take center stage for them. One of my favorite quotes is: "I'd like for you to like it but, **** you if you don't". :p

Rossie
02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
I care a lot and I donĀ“t have closet freinds

TracyDeluxe
02-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Another old thread! :clap:

Feck! I didn't have a problem posting my face here, since anyone who knows me sees me exactly as my avatar is, BUT, I have a habit of sharing things on sites like this one that I wouldn't maybe want made public. :o I consider ya'll friends, so here it's OK, but strangers? Some things are better kept private, if not secret.

That having been said, however, the true value of this site, for me, is that it's a place to come and share my innermost thoughts and feeling to accepting people.

Ah poop! Let the chips fall where they may! :surrender

Maddie
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't see any reason not to
if someone i know see's me then we probably have alot in common

MarinaTwelve200
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Like many of you here, even though I am closeted, I feel that my fem face looks SOOOO different from my male face, I have no fear of being recognized. Besides, I am proud of my fem face.

I am even tempted to show my male face just to show how drastic a change I can make in my appearence--something else I am proud of, but Still THAT I AM "chicken" to do.

trisha_anne
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I have no problem with showing my face. I dosen't really bother me if someone knows. As a matter of fact the only person that dosen't know is my father. And that is because we are too close, we are like best friends and I don't want to ruin that by making it strange. Some day I will tell him. And If he happens to find out, oh well, I will deal with it.

Danai
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm afraid I'm to chicken to go out as femme....I'm working on it...
As for the picture...I've uploaded a picture but when I asked If I want a (don't remember how it's called) I picked the devil you're seeing instead of my picture...(?)

S. Lisa Smith
02-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't see any reason not to
if someone i know see's me then we probably have alot in common
There is that;) I don't think the male me looks all that much like pictures of Lisa (although my sister thinks so, but what does she know?)

rhondasxycd
02-16-2006, 06:48 AM
I have know problem posting pics...With hair and makeup i don't think anyone would really regonize me unless they were looking for pictures of me dressed !!!

Jenny Warren
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm not worried about people seeing my face (so long as they have a strong stomach), as I don't really care too much what people think.

If I post here (for instance) with a picture and someone I know sees it, they are going to have to explain what they were doing here if they say anything.

I'll probably be more 'out' than them, so they'll have the problem, not me.

Jenny

Penny
02-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I will post my picture as soon as I have the capability and can insure that it
won't disable the site:bs: I'm out to all I care about and that care about me. No one else matters unless their willing to pay my salary or bills!

Melanie R
02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I have no problem posting both our pictures as we are out to the public because of Peggy's books and media appearances. We are both gender proud!

Hugs,

Melanie

Marla
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Nobody knows, but if they find out at this point in my life I really don't care. The only ones I care about are you lovely people! I feel as close to you all as anyone I know. I may walk out of the house tomorrow dressed up to the hilt but for right now thank you all for being here.