PDA

View Full Version : Feeling pretty

Kate Simmons
03-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Julie Andrews sang the song "I feel pretty". Do you feel pretty when fully dressed en femme? I know I do. :battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
03-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Not really.

Katey888
03-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Pretty sure it was Natalie Wood, Kate... :)

And in my mind I like to think so, but both Julie and Natalie have all of us beat into a cocked hat...

Kim - prettiness is a thin veneer of image: real beauty lies deep within... Chin up! :D

Katey x

Krisi
03-27-2015, 08:31 AM
At my age, "pretty" is unobtainable.

Savannah_Skye
03-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Don't know if I could be classified as pretty...but I have been known to sing or hum that song when fully dressed:)

Crissy Kay
03-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Sometimes if I look just right, then I kind of feel pretty too!!

Stephanie47
03-27-2015, 09:56 AM
When I am en femme I don't feel "pretty" in the sense I will turn heads at the mall. And, I don't mean because people would see a "guy in a dress." I feel very comfortable fully en femme which includes my grey curly shoulder length wig, but, no makeup. I love wearing a dress, heels, slip, bra and panty, hosiery, etc while I go about my daily domestic chores. My body outwardly is in decent shape, height and weight are proportional. I've been wearing dresses for so many decades, the feminine clothes just seem apart of me. I am comfortable in my faded, ripped up jeans and a tee shirt, as well as my feminine attire. I just feel "comfortable."

cheryl reeves
03-27-2015, 10:02 AM
i feel so alive when dressed

Candee
03-27-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't feel pretty or look pretty for that matter, but I feel wonderful! My whole persona changes...and it makes me happy!

Kate Simmons
03-27-2015, 10:09 AM
This was meant to be a fun thread. There will always be a couple of "wet blankets". I'm guessing the goal in mind when dressing and putting makeup on is to look pretty for many of us. Feeling pretty is a by product of that sometimes. BTW Katey on the album I have it's Julie Andrews despite who may have done it first. :)

Lily Catherine
03-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Definitely; I especially like using the phrase. That might change temporarily when I first start doing make-up.

foxy bartender
03-27-2015, 10:23 AM
I agree with you Kate.... I feel pretty when I get dressed... That's one of my reasons for dressing...

Melissa18
03-27-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm sitting here at his very moment dressed, and I've never felt so pretty in all my life, what a wonderful feeling it is!

sometimes_miss
03-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Pretty sure it was Natalie Wood, Kate... :)
Nope. That would be Carol Lawrence, in the first Broadway production recordings back in 1957, you can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ksBpt1AR8

That said, yes, when I wear pretty clothes, I feel well, somewhat pretty. And feel pretty good, too. Which is the whole reason for doing it all.

The best version? Marni Nixon, who dubbed Natalie Wood's performance in the movie. But when I tracked down Natalie's own singing, she was very good. But Marni was better, which is why they stuck with her dub for the movie. It's one of my five favorite movies; I've probably seen it 50 times or more.

jeank
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Absolutely - I "pretty myself up".

In comparative terms I may not compare with the aforementioned singers, but I certainly look prettier than when I'm in drab !!

Nikki Heels
03-27-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't really feel pretty, but feel very sexy when wearing a hot outfit and sexy lingerie underneath with some 5 inch heels.

Alice Torn
03-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Oh YES! viva la difference'! Pretty lady? Actually, without the pretty clothes, jewelry, hose, shoes, wigs, underwear, not so pretty!! The lady things are what do it!

Isabella Ross
03-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Kate...absolutely. It's the main reason I dress. I have an undeniable need to look and feel pretty.

charlenesomeone
03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Pretty by who's standards. The media?
I feel pretty to myself, and if you feel pretty and happy that's
what really matters.
Smile and enjoy you time.

Yoshisaur
03-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Yes and no I do feel much prettier when i'm dressed, but at the same time not really because my figure isn't even close to what I want.

Stephanie_CD_64
03-27-2015, 01:05 PM
It's not so much that I feel pretty, but I certainly do feel sexy. I just wish I actually looked as good as I feel.

Lacy PJs
03-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Maybe not "pretty," but I guess I do have a kind of special feeling at that moment...

Lacy PJs

StephanieinSecret
03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
I always FEEL pretty. Whether other people would agree, I don't know. I also feel more pretty on some days than others. Variation like that is the spice that keeps this interesting.

Pat
03-27-2015, 02:41 PM
It's alarming how charming I feel... When I get dolled up my first thought when looking in the mirror is, "I'd do her." So, yeah, I think I'm pretty and desirable and that's such a difference from male mode. I don't really care (too much) if anyone agrees with my assessment -- I feel great.

Fiona Lindum
03-27-2015, 03:09 PM
I feel good when dressed, but pretty definitely not.

Sarah Louise
03-27-2015, 03:10 PM
I don't 'feel' pretty but I love looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a girl looking back at me. I also love the feel of girl clothes, especially satin and nylon.

Brandy Mathews
03-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Oh yes,
I do feel pretty and sexy when I am all dressed up, have makeup on, and my favorite lipstick and gloss too. Really like to hear my heals when I walk. I have a full length mirror that I like to use alot.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Adriana Moretti
03-27-2015, 05:01 PM
the other day when I was getting dressed....the final step was to put on my wig....I cracked up in the mirror..and my gal pal goes "Whats so funny"...I said ..." Me"....as soon as I put that wig on I felt complete, and I was happy.

CynthiaD
03-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Pretty, no. Female, yes. And that's the point.

katie elouise
03-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes I feel pretty and love it ,
Isabella and Jennie sum it up lovely Katie x .

Janine cd
03-27-2015, 08:12 PM
yes, I feel pretty when I dress, but I don't think that anyone else would agree. I t's all a matter of illusion. only I can believe that that image in the mirror is really a beautiful woman. It doesn't matter because it only has to complete my own dream.

BLUE ORCHID
03-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Hi Kate I sure like to think so.:daydreaming:

S. Lisa Smith
03-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Yes!!!! I LOVE it!!!

Beverley Sims
03-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Along with "I Enjoy Being A Girl", "I Feel Pretty" was used as a mime song for female impersonator talent nights and done to death in the 60's.

When the popularity of West Side Story faded so did the song.

Jilmac
03-27-2015, 09:57 PM
I thought it was Natalie Wood who played Maria in West Side Story

Fany27ab
03-28-2015, 12:48 AM
I feel so pretty and i think all the woman clothes looked me so awesome ( at least in my mind)

paulaprimo
03-28-2015, 03:19 AM
i don't feel pretty, nor do i feel ugly... probably a combination of both, so
"pretty ugly" :)

Marcelle
03-28-2015, 04:50 AM
Paula . . . LOL :)

Hi Kate,

I can't say I feel pretty at all . . . perhaps a close proximity of "okay . . . you won't make dogs run screaming for the hills" :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Kirsty Louise
03-28-2015, 04:56 AM
Yes I feel pretty, dont think I look that pretty though

Raychel
03-28-2015, 06:21 AM
No, I never really feel pretty, but when dressed I do feel more comfortable with myself.
really do not like the image I see in the mirror in guy mode, at least when dressed I can tolerate what I see.

Robbin_Sinclair
03-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Julie Andrews never connected with me.
Natalie Wood in West Side Story did. I loved her as a little boy.

Now, to me being dressed is to be feeling like a strong woman.
A mindful, strong woman.
I feel personal power unleashed
No one to forgive me but myself...and self says,
......... you're fine, robbin. But be mindful.

Yet, if the truth be told, girls,
when I wear that cute little 23" Wallace sport kilt...
......... yeah, I feel pretty...and I look pretty.

See the pretty girl in the mirror there,
What mirror where? See how attractive she be
Such a pretty bum, such a pretty legs, such a pretty ME!

Life is grand. :hugs:

Kate Simmons
03-28-2015, 07:06 AM
If you notice the responses are all over the board as I figured they would be. That is because everyone is an individual which is one main reason we can't get fully united as a community. It's the "nature of the beast" basically.:)

Katey888
03-28-2015, 11:25 AM
See... this is what I love about this place - good fun and a learning experience too... :)

Yes - I graciously recant the Natalie Wood singing thing (although she was lovely and it's the visual image that sticks) and t'was indeed Marni Nixon who voiced the part (as she also did Anna for Debbie Kerr in 'The King and I' and Eliza for Audrey Hepburn in 'My Fair Lady'... seems like she had a suitably gorgeous voice to go with all those gorgeous girls.. :D)

To throw in a small token theoretical perspective, I think there are quite a few of us who might benefit from reading around Blanchard's ideas of autogynephilia if - like me - they keep wondering about what lies behind our motivations... :hiding:

Katey x

Jane G
03-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Yes I do often feel pretty. It's an old fashioned word and I'm an old fashioned girl. Wether I would look pretty to some one else, well that's very debatable.:daydreaming:

Sable Storm
03-28-2015, 11:45 AM
I am not sure pretty is the right word to describe the feeling I get while dressed. Normal, confident, sexy, and right are a few words I would use to describe it.

Richelle
03-28-2015, 01:03 PM
I think I look nice for my age. However, I have been complimented and told that I look pretty by a server at Dennys that my wife and I know.

Richelle

veronicapvc
03-29-2015, 04:35 AM
i feel pretty when dressed but unfortunately the camera never lies

VictoriaW
03-29-2015, 06:57 AM
I feel pretty the second I put nails and panties on, but I agree the second I put the wig on it's like hitting a switch when I look in the mirror.

Pat
03-29-2015, 07:11 AM
i feel pretty when dressed but unfortunately the camera never lies

Oh, please! Cameras are nothing but lying machines. Photos are flat, you're not. Cameras lie about colors -- remember "The Dress" from a few weeks ago? Some people saw it as white and gold, some as blue and black. Camera lenses distort. You have to hire trained professionals to get good results with a camera and those trained professionals require expensive lighting systems and other people who are trained in how to apply makeup so it makes you look like yourself in a photo! Half my job involves photographing people and things and I can tell you that i spend hours in post correcting the lies it took minutes to film.

If you feel pretty, you're pretty, darling.

Maxie
03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
I feel in touch with myself and at peace.

justmetoo
03-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Yes, at least some of the time and as long as I don't look in a mirror. Other times, not so much. And sometimes how I'm dressed fades to the background and I don't have any feelings one way or the other. I just am at those times.

Natalie Wood
03-29-2015, 08:07 PM
I definitely feel pretty when dressed up. Even though I may not be :battingeyelashes:

SharonDenise
03-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Yes I do. However, as other TG's have referred me to, the song, "I enjoy being a Girl", from "Flower Drum Song" also puts me in the same mood.

Tina Marie
03-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Pretty yes, Sexy yes, in my comfort zone, oh yes.

LaurenNZ
03-29-2015, 11:11 PM
I always feel pretty and in my eyes I look pretty special.

JeanetteX
03-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Hi Kate, yes Julie Andrews sings I feel pretty but I always imagine Roy Orbison is singing for me when I hear him shout Pretty Woman :D