PDA

View Full Version : Anybody cry easily?

Brandy Mathews
03-30-2015, 02:58 PM
I a m a very "happy go lucky" person. Usually very happy, love life. But I have noticed lately that when I see something very sad on t.v. or even something very happy, I am running to get a kleenex. I have always had a big heart but it seems that the woman inside me is coming out more the older I get. And I am really o.k. with that too. Can't be in the female mode all the time but it feels really good knowing that my female side is right there too.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Lorileah
03-30-2015, 03:07 PM
you bought the idea that men cannot be emotional? :idontknow:

stephi
03-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes in girl mode very easy to get emotional.
LOL Stephi

pamela7
03-30-2015, 03:13 PM
yes, i always have ... films would get me going.
still happens nowadays

Brandy Mathews
03-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Lori,
No I didn't buy into that. Have always cared about other people, but it just seems like when I am in the girl mode, that it always was more likely to happen, but even in the guy mode, it has been happening more in the last few years and I am o.k. with that too. In fact it kind of makes me feel better about myself.
Bree :)

reb.femme
03-30-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm a blubber in all modes, always have been and always will be. In fact, I make Blubber Bear from the Arkansas Chuggabug look like a bear in control of his emotions. :o

However, I like me and live with my little curse. I'd rather that, than be the emotion free zone that my dad was. :)

Rebecca

Tomara
03-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Oh Yeah ,
I've always been emotional and the tears come in both happy and sad times in my life , I do know that the more stressed I am the more likely I am to be emotional over most anything .
Being emotional and sensitive are not bad qualities to have and I've learned not to be embarrassed if someone doesn't know how to handle it if I happen to cry in front of them .

Rachael Leigh
03-30-2015, 04:05 PM
I've always been emotional at certain things especially movies I don't think it has anything to do with my fem side but I suppose it's possible

Sarah Louise
03-30-2015, 05:01 PM
I often well up at emotional movies. I think more so now that I accept my feminine side.

Amber_Lynn86
03-30-2015, 05:12 PM
It's happened more and more since ive started letting my feminine side come out and I have no problem what so ever with it.

Natalie cupcake
03-30-2015, 05:28 PM
When I see or hear something sad I sometime cry. Like for movies or a story. I dont know if its my fem side showing through or if it's just me! :battingeyelashes:

Bria
03-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Both my father and my grandfather (who lived with us when I was in school) were very unemotional, that was my example of what a man was. However, now I cry when watching something sad of TV and my wife will be dry-eyed, go figure!

Hugs, Bria

Michelle 78
03-30-2015, 05:42 PM
I can relate to this, I've always found it hard to hold back the tears when I watch emotional movies etc. I had always thought it makes me look soft, but I don't care now, there's nothing wrong with showing your emotions as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose I've always had a softer side underneath anyway.

Shirley Anne
03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
I can be quite emotional but the last few days have been really bad. We lost our old dog last week at the age off 13.5 years and every time I think off her the tears well up.

Tracy Hazel Lee
03-30-2015, 06:12 PM
For most of my life, I have always been very numb to emotional situations. Not to say that I have never cried, it just doesn't happen frequently. And it's not because I won't allow it. I actually wish I could cry more easily. I truly believe that if I was a more emotional person, I would have made some different decisions throughout my life... But only certain experiences are capable of bringing me to tears, and they are usually something huge. I don't think my fem side has any say in the matter either. I don't feel any different towards what might make me emotional when I'm dressed.

Now, it might be an age related thing, but I have felt that becoming a father has made me more emotional than anything else I have experienced. Not sure why... But that unconditional bond that has formed between us has changed my brain somehow. I swear that since having him, I have become more sensitive to emotional situations.

cheryl reeves
03-30-2015, 07:03 PM
a sad story,or a very emotional movie has always wiped me out. my dad wondered about me,and worried about me til one day he seen me handle a situation and never worried about me afterwards.

kimdl93
03-30-2015, 07:51 PM
No, not really. But then neither did my mother, nor most of the significant women in my life. We Scandinavians are not known for being very demonstrative.

Jodi
03-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Back in 1970 when we were playing war games in the swamp, I can remember returning to my hooch after a hard day in the bush, and breaking down and crying for almost an hour. Had nothing to do with feeling femme. It had to do with bagging up 3 of my men.

Yes, real men do cry.

Jodi

justmetoo
03-30-2015, 08:46 PM
(seems like this topic has come up before)
I do tear up or actually cry pretty easily. When I was younger I kept it bottled up or hidden as much as possible. Long ago I learned to just embrace it. Regardless of how I'm dressed (just try to be careful not to mess up my mascara). :)

Lily Catherine
03-30-2015, 08:54 PM
"Men do not cry easily, except when in times of sadness." - proverb

Stoicism was a very high ideal for those around me, to a point where the ideal seemed to be an exalted zenith. I cannot deny that I deal with emotions very intensely and have broken down ("like a little girl", what the heck) after not performing up to the mark at school. On rare occasions when I reflect on things I tend to beat myself up to a point of helplessness. And then anything, except Upworthy and the likes, can immediately give me "the feels" in this state of emotional vulnerability. And all these when presented as male.

I read of this analogy where we are all bowls of water, the water being our emotions, and we cannot have too great an emotional investment; too much and it will overflow. But many of us, I guess, are close to the brim, and I accepted that on my own part. It's a different kind of fog.

Chrissi
03-30-2015, 09:27 PM
all the time...I can and do get very emotional at movies, a good book, a news story, family events...always have since I was little. I just no longer try or want to hide it. Not that I was ever effective at it anyway.

S. Lisa Smith
03-30-2015, 09:48 PM
I am very emotional. My dad, who was very macho, was also...

ReineD
03-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Coincidentally, I just saw a TED talk about the Alberta Tar Sands mining project (http://www.ted.com/talks/garth_lenz_images_of_beauty_and_devastation?langua ge=en) with photographer Garth Lenz. He was in tears several times during his talk and this was in front of a huge audience!

This added to the emotional appeal of his talk. I think the idea that men are not supposed to cry is disappearing.

Beverley Sims
03-30-2015, 10:18 PM
When in a highly emotional state such as a bereavement, light the blue touch paper and I go off like a penny bomb.

MissTee
03-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Real life tragedies will bring tears out in me. Movies and such hardly ever move me to cry. I feel it's less about the role modeling by my parents and relatives, and more about the conditioning life has thrown my way. Death of a child tops the charts for tear generating events.

Fany27ab
03-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Its very hard for me cry, even when one close friend died i cant cry, ii dont know way but is how i am

Alice_2014_B
03-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Sometimes some movies can get to me.

Gillian Gigs
03-31-2015, 12:23 AM
I can get choked up and weepy watching the right type of movie, or cry over many things. My Dad pushed me hard with the boys don't cry routine, but why, it's ok to be angry, rant, shout, these are emotional releases also. Laugh with those who are laughing, cry with those who are crying, this make sense to me.

Nikkilovesdresses
03-31-2015, 02:20 AM
I cry at the drop of a hat and cannot mask any emotions- I'd be hopeless at poker. I don't know if it's my female side or what, but any RomCom will do it. I kinda like it.

(sobs dramatically...)

Adriana Moretti
03-31-2015, 02:29 AM
If I drink heavily. the next day i cry alot...........so yea pretty much all the time. No... I could cry during the manliest war movie. I had this conversation with Katey one day honestly cause I was crying watching the war movie Monuments Men with George Clooney.....we came to the conclusion that we were just sensitive, passionate, creative people, & it had nothing to do with the clothes, or hormones etc.......we could be wrong ....what do we know?? ......we both like our booze though and our movies LOL.

karinels
03-31-2015, 02:53 AM
For me a couple of good music videos can get me to tear up. Brad Paisley's "Whiskey Luluby" and Carrie Underwoods " See you Again" will get me going big time. There are a few more and what actually triggers it I am not sure, but I do feel better after I watch them. Is this a cleansing thing?

Karen kc
03-31-2015, 12:23 PM
The last 2 months of my life has turned s@#t%y and the tears have been flowing freely, dressed or drab Nothin I cant get over!

Jaymees22
03-31-2015, 01:59 PM
I sometimes cry at movies that don't phase my wife at all, what's up with that? Jaymee

DonnaT
03-31-2015, 02:41 PM
I've become more emotional as I've gotten older, and tears have come along for the ride. So, yes, when I see something sad or feel good happy on tv, I need a tissue. How I am dressed doesn't play into the issue.

Yalova
03-31-2015, 02:47 PM
I cry easily when certain times. Feel good stories on tv set me off as well as patriotic stories. When the Star Spangled Banner is played I have a difficult time holding back. It doesn't matter how I am dressed. I try to hide it but often cannot.
Lynn

Tina_gm
03-31-2015, 03:05 PM
I almost never cry. In fact, I wish I would, or could more often. Not because of femininity or anything genderish related. Simply because it would be good for me to get things released. Not that I would want to cry easily... I think there are times where it should be controlled. My wife actually also wishes I could cry easier believe it or not, for the same reasons I mentioned.