PDA

View Full Version : Out to a friend

Gunda
02-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi Girls,
Finally took the plunge and came out to a GG friend of mine day before yesterday. She'd been out of town for awhile and this was our first talk in a couple months. I suspected she'd be at least OK with it but it was still a relief that she responded to my confession so enthusiastically. She's even offered to take me shopping and has offered to give me some of her old clothes and do makeup on me - all of which put me quickly at ease and was great to hear. It was a fun afternoon. We talked clothes interspersed with talk of girls (she is bi). Couldn't have asked for a better response. Will advise on how this situation developes in future. While those on the forum have been wonderful, it does feel comforting to be accepted by someone fron the outside.

Best,
Gunda

TerryTerri
02-03-2006, 02:49 AM
Congradulations!
I know that when I confided in a friend, a girl, the first time and she didn't act repulsed it really really helped me. She is straight and also helped me some at the time. She thought it was all pretty cool. My only regret is that we were not able to explore and do more than we did with my CD stuff before things in my life changed and we no longer have the ability or oppertunity.
Anyway, the whole experience I had with her eased a tremendous amount of guilt and shame and I wouldn't be nearly as far along in figuring all this about myself out if not for her friendship ( I still have a long way to go. But, at least now I looking). I bless God for her everyday and I hope your experience is an helpful, fun and reassuring as mine was.

Terri!