PDA

View Full Version : Today I announced to everyone my secret.

Violetgray
04-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Well, that went about as well as I could have expected. I came out to everyone via Facebook, and they were all supportive. Here is what I wrote:

While I don't think that something as petty as Facebook should necessarily be the place where all major news of a person's life comes to light, but just this once I really feel like I need to make something known. Even some of those closest to me will be hearing me say this plainly for the first time. So.. here we go.
I've been getting asked more and more about how far I plan to take well.. "all this." If I planned on going full-time or not. Am I getting operations? Legal name change? Let me begin by saying this plainly:

I am a trans....former.

My entire life I always felt like I needed to change. By change I mean change into a jet and then back as missions demand. Once my mother caught me wearing a pair of fake wings and flipped out. She dragged me to a psychiatrist, and while we were in the car she flat out told me, "We are going to nip this in the bud. I didn't raise my child to be no robot-vehicle hybrid."

I told them what they wanted to hear, and went back into the hangar for many years. Well now it's 2015 and no one's going to stop me from being who I am anymore. I've been talking to management at work and I've gotten the go-ahead to start living as a Decepticon full-time and come next month, I start energon injections. I'm also legally changing my name to Destructor Maledictus Gray. I hope I can depend on you guys having my back, at least until I become undisputed master of humans and you have no choice.
Now at this point you're probably thinking to yourself, "What about all the makeup and dresses and the inexplicable cleavage?" Nevermind that, that's just an essential element of my gender expression that has always been, and makes me feel grateful every day that I have people in my life who except me for who I am, and for the support they have given me.

But forget about all that, I'm a freaking DECEPTICON, people!
Sincerely,
Destructor Maledictus Gray

If i can do it, you can do it too!

AllieSF
04-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Congratulations. I don't know your previous life self, but gladly welcome and embrace the Decepticon. From your pictures and your away from work life, I have always liked what I read and saw. May your road be gravel and not rock strewn, and maybe if you ever make out to the West Coast, or I to the Big Apple (definitely on my bucket list) we can actually meet and do the "Nanu Nanu". Forgive me Mork if I got that wrong (It's a greeting right?).

Paulette
04-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Wishing you a wonderful fools Violet!

Persephone
04-02-2015, 02:43 AM
Wow, Violet, I can't believe you told them the truth! Now that's seriously brave! And maybe a shade unnecessary as they were perfectly happy buying off on Violet the Transgender.

Does this mean you'll be giving up your femme stuff? Or do Deceptathingys have genders?

Hugs,
Persephone.

pamela7
04-02-2015, 03:22 AM
Violet, that is beyond awesome, I am so happy for you, you go gurl and decepticon the world!!!

TinaZ
04-02-2015, 03:33 AM
Transformers - more than meets the eyes.

This was fun to read and there's a chance I'm stealing the idea.

Donnagirl
04-02-2015, 03:45 AM
Thinking I might take the role of your arch nemesis.... Call me 'Outamy Prime'... Transform from robot to walking frame... An autocorrect-bot...

cassiekat
04-02-2015, 03:53 AM
Great thread and I love the humour and pop culture reference, 2 gold stars for you! Good luck!

BobbyRay
04-02-2015, 05:47 AM
That is brilliant. I hope all goes well for you in you new life as a Decepticon.

kimdl93
04-02-2015, 07:12 AM
After reading your Facebook revelation, I imagine your friends are either entirely supportive or understandably afraid of offending Destructor Maledictus Gray! It's best not to mess with a Transformer!

Meghan4now
04-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I've heard the hardest part of becoming a decepticon is the voice. I don't care how shiny your chest plate is or what a great job you did pinstriping, the voice is a dead give away. Got to really work on that over driven auto tune sound. If you want a good practice tape, get Peter Frampton ' s "Do you feel like I do" from Frampton Comes Alive.

Little known fact, Frampton has been a closet decepticon since the 70's. He can be seen rolling down 275 posing as a Mac truck on the occasional Friday night.

Beverley Sims
04-02-2015, 09:11 AM
The secret of success it to tell people what they want to hear.

Then walk away....:)

Isabella Ross
04-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Violet, you never cease to amaze. Go, girl.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I am a trans....former.

Ha ha ha ha, figured it would be something like this.

Once my mother caught me wearing a pair of fake wings and flipped out.

Wings? WINGS? By the metal beard of Alpha Trion (G1, of course), if you're not an Aerialbot that means you're a DECEPTICON!

But forget about all that, I'm a freaking DECEPTICON, people!

/me pulls out weapon. Autobots! Get HER, until she screams out: "DECEPTICONS! RETREAT!"

Veronica

MonicaGirly
04-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard at this! This was wonderfully creative, you seem like a really fun person!

Natasha V
04-02-2015, 04:44 PM
This made my day, too funny. Thanks

victoriamwilliams1
04-26-2015, 12:29 AM
I remember that post :)

As many of us in the FB world you know allot of us truly have your back!!! Well not literately!

Rhonda Darling
04-26-2015, 03:48 AM
It's clear to me. Deception is what these creatures do. I think she's toying with us.

Best,
Auntie Hasbro

BTW, I was able to trace your family tree online. You can find it here: http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us

(and I don't know how I missed this thread back on the 1st)

Mollyanne
04-26-2015, 06:20 AM
way to go hun!!!!!WAAAAAY TO GO.

Molly

Marcelle
04-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Hi Violet . . . CONGRATS on such a momentous step forward in your journey. Love the analogy explanation.

Hugs

Isha

Lily Catherine
04-27-2015, 04:35 AM
Every word of the original post is pure gold. More than meets the eye, indeed. Congratulations, and all the best!

Claire Cook
04-27-2015, 06:09 AM
Oh Ms Destructor Maledictus Gray!

I LOVE this post! Great smile to start the day -- you do rock, girl! (So how do I plug in the Decepticon???)