PDA

View Full Version : an old Thunderbirds joke ...

pamela7
04-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Lady Penelope says to parker
(Posh voice) "Oh parker please take off my blouse"
Parker (Cockney voice) "Yus m'lady"
Pen "Oh parker please take off my skirt"
Parker "Yus m'lady"
Pen "Oh parker please take off my stockings"
Parker "Yus m'lady"
Pen "Oh parker please take off my bra"
Parker "Yus m'lady"
Pen "Oh parker please take off my panties"
Parker "Yus m'lady"
Pen "And parker"
Parker "Yus m'lady"
Pen "If i catch you wearing my clothes again your ****ing sacked"

the moral is ... don't wear your SO's clothes, get your own!

StephanieinSecret
04-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I actually laughed out loud! :D

Paula_Femme
04-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah, the old ones are the best!!! :)

And believe it or not, "Thunderbirds" ARE Go! The show's been brought back via the magic of CGI animation; you can read about it here (http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/31/thunderbirds-are-go-as-tv-series-returns-with-a-makeover-after-50-years), and watch the official trailer here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y2hFqgtjLk)... the trailer looks FAB-ulous!!! :heehee:

AndreaCalifCD
04-02-2015, 08:12 PM
LOL! I still have my original Dinky Thunderbird 2... And the Lady Penelopes pink rolls royce (also by Dinky)
Bit sad really ;-)

BLUE ORCHID
04-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Hi Pam, ROTF --- LMAO !

Jilmac
04-02-2015, 09:08 PM
I never had that problem, my So's clothes didn't fit me so I had to have my own.

Beverley Sims
04-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Now there will be new Thunderbirds jokes.

I wonder whether the show will have the same appeal with new writers.

With a new audience it is likely to be popular tho'.

ColleenA
04-03-2015, 01:04 AM
The first time I heard that joke it was told by Richard Dawson on "Family Feud."

Eryn
04-03-2015, 02:03 AM
...And believe it or not, "Thunderbirds" ARE Go! The show's been brought back via the magic of CGI animation.

CGI? How can that emulate Supermarionation? :)

pamela7
04-03-2015, 02:40 AM
i saw the docu-trailer last night on the new t-birds (get our in-joke!!), and ... i think the CGI lady penelope is wrong (actress great, her hair style is better for it than the cgi)

i'd have used remote-controlled robot-puppets to do the same replacement, personally, and used real sets not CGI

Teresa
04-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Pamela,
Most of my outer clothes belonged to my wife and we came to arrangement for me to select anything I wanted before they were passed on to the charity shop ! In a recent talk I asked if she minded me wearing things still hanging in her wardrobe or did she prefer me to buy my own, she OKed it probably because she didn't want me spending or wasting money !
I prefer my own underwear and obviously shoes have to be my own with such a size difference ! It did bring a tear to my eye when I saw her recent clear out of some lovely heels but women's size 3 doesn't stretch to a man's size 8 ( UK sizing) !

pamela7
04-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Exactly Teresa, she offered you, and you also asked, that is the world of difference!

Linda E. Woodworth
04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Yeah stretched out a pair of my wife's shoes and a dress. That was years ago and I still hear about it.

Now I ask or she has told me what is off limits. The majority of my wardrobe I've purchased for myself. Thank God for thrift stores!

cdterri
04-03-2015, 01:51 PM
actually had an appliance store in our area that used the joke for a commercial. was rather cute

Bria
04-03-2015, 03:16 PM
I didn't see that punch line coming!!!
Hugs, Bria

Paula_Femme
04-03-2015, 05:11 PM
CGI? How can that emulate Supermarionation? :)

Unfortunately there's no sign of any CGI'd strings in the trailer, so I'd say, not very well!!! :heehee:

BUT... believe it or not, they have the actor who originally voiced Parker, David Graham (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333986/?ref_=tt_cl_t8#actor), playing him in the new series!!! :eek:

HelenR2
04-16-2015, 01:09 PM
For all Thunderbirds fans, hope this link works.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMHp28_cqw&list=PL2A974CBEFCDA78FE

CONSUELO
04-16-2015, 01:26 PM
This joke reminded me of an event that happened in San Francisco many years ago. A wealthy woman accused her "butler" of wearing her clothing. There was some sort of court case over it and of course it attracted all sorts of salacious gossip.

Does anyone reading this thread remember the details?