PDA

View Full Version : handsome AND beautiful

Meghan4now
04-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Alice paid me a very kind compliment and it got me thinking.

I've looked at a number of the boy mode vs girl mode pictures. I can't help noticing that the most beautiful girls here are often "muy guapo" as guys as well. And this isn't just because they are young either. There is such a thing as a handsome woman. Catherine Zeta Jones, Brooke Sheilds, etc. There are many women with "masculine" features that are extremely attractive.

It may be about symmetry or proportion or just how it all balances.

What masculine features do you find that transcend the gender barrier?

I don't think I have to tell this group that it's ok to appreciate male beauty/handsomenness even if you're strait!!!

pamela7
04-06-2015, 08:39 AM
one of the failings of modern society (imho) is the loss of seeing true beauty, seeing the inner being of another human (e.g. human bear, human tree, human bird, ...), and realising what is often seen nowadays as ugliness is a complete failing for surface appearance rather than the true sight where everyone has a beauty (even psychos). The NBC Grimm TV series is showing that this sight belonging to ancient egypt and the maya/aztec is returning (do you wonder why native americans have names like crazy horse?).

What i appreciate is beauty of spirit AND a short dress :-)))

Beverley Sims
04-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Ithink it goes back to how you present yourself in whatever mode it is at the time.

Kate Simmons
04-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Sometimes in an attractive woman I like just a little bit of arm hair and a slight mustache. That's pretty sexy looking on the right woman.:)

Nadine Spirit
04-06-2015, 09:35 AM
It may be about symmetry or proportion or just how it all balances.

I think this is what it is. I saw a show one time that discussed the golden ratio and how its presence in various features, like the height vs. width of a dresser or the curves of a vase or the features of a human face, often determines whether or not it is pleasing to the eye. In the show, they took various pictures of peoples faces and showed them to babies. With some of the pictures the babies smiled and some of the pictures the babies cried. With the smiling faces they were able to find more examples of the golden ratio present than the other pictures. I am not trying to say it was a definitive study, but interesting nonetheless.

Oh and this has nothing to do with what happens once that person opens their mouth and shows what they have inside of them. For me, that is much more important than various physical attributes.

Teresa
04-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Meghan,
I posted a boy behind the girl photo in the picture section, it was just for fun but it is surprising how little we change over the years, I was hoping a few more what take part in it !

They say that your daughter will look like the father and the son will look like the mother, in my case that is true, so some women are just feminised images of their fathers ! Being a CDer does complicate the issue slightly !!!