PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful experience

Maxie
04-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Today after my workout, I went to a thrift shop in the same strip mall as my gym. Now picture a 210lb bodybuilder in compression shorts and tank top checking out the XL section of lingerie. After a few stares and confused looks from the ladies, I started to feel uncomfortable and put my basket down and started to leave. All of sudden a middle aged employee called to me and said I forgot my things. She brought over the basket and told me she would help me. We went through all of the lingerie and she found my sizes and even brought me all the size 11 stilettos (it's the only shoe I'll wear ) they had. Leather mini, summer dress and some jewelry and I was set. She took me to an open register and charged me for the items. I thanked her and she told me about her brother having "special " tastes as well and told me to come by and see her any time. It was indeed a wonderful experience.

Tracii G
04-06-2015, 07:06 PM
There are people out there that do understand us.

karinels
04-06-2015, 07:09 PM
We all are very happy your experience went well, Maxie.

Alice_2014_B
04-06-2015, 07:14 PM
That almost sounds too amazing to be true.
It is truly amazing how there can be some very helpful and understanding people around.
Thanks for sharing.
:)

kimdl93
04-06-2015, 07:20 PM
That's a good illustration of excellent customer service.

Victoria Demeanor
04-06-2015, 07:28 PM
What a truly wonderful story and It's always great to hear about the good people in this world.
Thank you for sharing this.

LaurenNZ
04-06-2015, 07:31 PM
As you said - a wonderful experience - oh that there be more people out there with an unbiased view of life!

Kandi Robbins
04-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Maxie,

You'll find this is more common than you think. I swear, without us girls, thrift store may not exist (JK). Great story. It truly does feel so special when you are treated like any other customer, just one of the girls.

Kandi

Maxie
04-06-2015, 07:52 PM
You are right about feeling special. I didn't have to hide my items and forgot about the strange looks. She offered to let me try on the clothing but I didn't feel comfortable. I did try on the shoes and it felt great.

Alice Torn
04-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Is this a dream? Wow!

TxCassie
04-06-2015, 08:05 PM
That's a wonderful experience Maxie. Just when you want to give it up, it happens, a kind helping hand, a sweet voice, a person who may not understand, maybe they do, but what they do is recognize...a person alone, a person dejected, a person...just a person deserving of every respect and kindness that is affording to any person. Politics, religion, archaic gender roles and assignments aside, just a person interacting with another person. It was a good day for you dear. Cassie :love:

Jamie Lynn
04-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Second what Cassie said and congratulations! It should be easier next time!

irene9999
04-06-2015, 08:38 PM
What a great experience, all stores should be like that!

dawn459
04-06-2015, 09:55 PM
I had a simular experience at a local thrift store a while back was looking for some lingerie +did not find what i wanted +was getting ready to walk away when this lady asked if i had noticed the robe+gown set that was next to some babydoll gowns+isaid no so sheshowed me the set although it was a large i told her it was not big enough so she got it for her self+found some for her daughter+had acamisole pantiert for her husband she said they like roleplay +she always buys lingerie for him. Idid wind up buying a black dress+2packs of pantyhose.

MissTee
04-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Wow, Maxie. What a lovely experience. Thank you for sharing. Will you be going back to shop there?

Isabella Ross
04-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Great story. These types of encounters are so special when they happen.

Rachael Leigh
04-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Wow now that's some good customer service

Maxie
04-06-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm going again next Monday. She told me that's the day they have 99 cent items. Believe it or not, I got a pair of leopard print Guess stilettos for that price. I just finished collecting 2 bags of clothing that I will be donating next week.

Brandy Mathews
04-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Lol, Why can't I ever run into such awesome people as this?
Bree:)

Kevyn53
04-06-2015, 10:52 PM
We all keep find that most of the world is way more accepting than we start out thinking. Most of our fears are unfounded.

AngelaYVR
04-07-2015, 12:01 AM
There are definitely some gems out there and I've been served by a few of them; what I liked about your story is that she intervened to help you out.

marijja
04-07-2015, 01:12 AM
We are surprised by this, but it should be normal.
I'm glad for you.

Beverley Sims
04-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Maxie,
There are other secret sympathisers out there.

It is good that you found one of them :)

bridget thronton
04-07-2015, 01:43 AM
Very good you found a marvelous place to shop

Sylvia Styles
04-07-2015, 02:31 AM
That's so amazing! it's really nice to know there's supporters out there! Sounds like you have a new favorite store hehe

Marcelle
04-07-2015, 04:55 AM
Hi Maxie,

What a great story and thanks for sharing. It is so refreshing to read about understanding and acceptance.

Hugs

Isha

EllenJo
04-07-2015, 06:48 AM
What an awesome experience. I don't know about anyone else but resale shop SA's seem to be very understanding to men buying women's clothes. I go to a local resale shop regularly and the owner always is very helpful and understanding. She always seems to have some interesting suggestions.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Natalie cupcake
04-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Having an experience like that will give you the confidence to go back and go to other stores. It doesn't matter that those women were looking at you. You found things you liked and an sa that was helpful. :battingeyelashes:

Nikkilovesdresses
04-07-2015, 07:52 AM
And that's how retail should always be. Neat story.

deebra
04-07-2015, 07:23 PM
WHY *#@%*& are you still weight lifting and making your body more masculine ????????? You should be dieting, getting smaller and trying to have as female/feminen body as you can get. Your right side/left side brain needs a big time adjustment. In case you didn't know, being a CD/woman is at the opposite end of the scale from a 210 lb. male bodybuilder.

suzanne
04-08-2015, 10:11 PM
That is a wonderful story! I hope this encourages you to venture out to more places, because you will find lots of supportive sales ladies everywhere. Good luck!

Maxie
04-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Why do I still bodybuild? Because I love it and for my safety at work. Dieting and working out are a big part of my life. There is no desire for me to get smaller and look more like a woman. I dress for me and how it makes me feel. Looking in the mirror and seeing my muscles in sexy clothing and shoes is what I like. For me it's the perfect complement of my two sides. I will never look like a woman, because that is not how God designed me, nor will I dress in public. That is not my thing.

csprings64
04-09-2015, 12:22 PM
We should all be so lucky as to have one shopping experience like this in our lifetime.

Janine cd
04-09-2015, 08:29 PM
I wish that I could experience something as wonderful as that. The best that I ever experienced was a very helpful SA at JC Penney's who pointed out the nicest bras that I would be interested in.

SharonDenise
04-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Wow, you hit the jackpot with the sales associate. I hope you become her best costumer.

Rogina B
04-09-2015, 09:30 PM
"It" is called "getting it"...She gets it! Enjoy the ride!

Nikki A.
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
In my experiences, I find that if I'm honest and say I'm shopping for myself the SAs have been very helpful in any store I've been in. This includes thrift stores, Maidenform, Dress Barn, Catherine's, Payless and others. Only once did I get an obtuse SA at Haines who could not understand why I was shopping for pantyhose, finally another SA came over and offered to help me find what was looking for. Ended up picking up the hose and two adorable bras and the second SA made sure that I was rung up by the first SA.

TerriM
04-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I started going out in 1978. As each year passed it got easier to go out. I still get a thrill about going out in public. Because I cant get out as I want I do almost all my shopping enfemme. When I do go as my male self I have no fear in telling the salesperson it is for me. This comes with time. I recently got a makeover at ester lauder in a Macy's. It was the first time the cosmetician had a cd as a customer. She was young and we had a delightful conversation. I think as more of the public becomes more educated in what being transgendered means things will get better as time goes on.