PDA

View Full Version : the thrill of going out in a dress

pamela7
04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

So I've been out and out and out in jeggings and tops, fem boots, but not really in a dress in terms of my road/neighbours. The other day I did go out to the car, and felt a real thrill, kind of over the top of what I might have expected. Perhaps its the novelty, but I feel like actually being really out-out-there in a dress is somehow what I'm feeling driven to do, and only held back by Welshgirl's reasonable "wait for me" restraints.

Does anyone else feel like its really all about being "out", and that dressing at home is great but not enough?

Bria
04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm with you on that Pamela!

Hugs, Bria

Rachael Leigh
04-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Oh for sure see my thread on being a homebody. I see when going out en boy most women just wear jeans or leggings and I would prefer to blend as I did today when I went out for the first time in a while. To wear a dress though when out or for that matter a skirt is the ultimate and I have done that once as well and loved it.

Kate Simmons
04-10-2015, 11:39 AM
It's kind of thrilling to share how you feel with the world. :)

Alice_2014_B
04-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Dressed up at home is really fun.
But being out in public is far more exhilarating than just staying home.
:)

Cindia
04-10-2015, 11:55 AM
There is something that feels extra good about being outside dressed.
I used to walk down to the mailbox in my sister's clothes when I was a teen and love to make a late night run to the store while dressed now.
I've even drove to a park n ride lot a few times and just walked around for a while.

Nikki A.
04-10-2015, 11:59 AM
It's more fun to actually go out into the normal world all dressed. Going to a restaurant, shopping or just out and about.

reb.femme
04-10-2015, 12:03 PM
If I'm going out out, then it has to be a dress or skirt.
If I'm just going out, anything goes.

That said, I've worn a denim skirt at home for the last two days.

Micky Flanagan can have his royalties later :heehee:.

Rebecca

Lexi_83
04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
I first started going out in long skirts, in tights, in the dark. The first dress I bought didn't look very good: spending more for a better quality, more stylish dress made all the difference! Hard on the budget though!

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Does anyone else feel like its really all about being "out", and that dressing at home is great but not enough?

Absolutely! That was my attitude from day one. What is the point of making yourself look and feel fabulous if you can't share it with other people.

Bridget

Michelle 78
04-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I haven't wore a dress out in public yet, it's always been my jeans and a nice top with my boots so far which is really nice, but to wear one of my dresses will be nicer still. It's on my radar!!

Michelle

Lexi_83
04-10-2015, 01:54 PM
These are my current favorites: beautifully made and make you feel like a million. If you want GG compliments:
JMcLaughlin (http://www.jmclaughlin.com/women/dresses.html)

cheryl reeves
04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
when my wife got me to go out in the world dressed it was a extreme rush...when enfemme i prefer dresses or skirts and they have to be knee length or longer..never went for the jean look for thats all i were in male mode

KC Samanatha
04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Oh yes! I have only lately come to terms with things and realize now that I want to go out and have fun. No more staying in the house for me. I have been to a couple of meetings with other Transgendered/Crossdressers and have had a real thrill just going out to a local park on my days that I dress up!
There really is something to getting out and about!

lesli
04-10-2015, 02:42 PM
yes! i thought i was going to faint dead away the first time i went out dressed, and i was actually in a comfortable fit dress too! the whole night was like i was in one of those slow motion replays... i was so excited, everything was alive and fantastic!

pamela7
04-10-2015, 04:00 PM
These are my current favorites: beautifully made and make you feel like a million. If you want GG compliments:
JMcLaughlin (http://www.jmclaughlin.com/women/dresses.html)

oh, i could definitely shop there!!!!

Teresa
04-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Pamela,
I fully understand what you're saying , I've had the feeling when going out for evening drives, getting into the car in a skirt and heels is so different !
Dressing at home is fine because you can wear clothes of your own choosing but the need to be out just won't go away !

Brandy Mathews
04-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Oh yes,
That feeling is so amazing. The heels clicking when you walk, the makeup, lipstick, nails done. Heart beat is up, makes a girl feel so good!
Hugs,
Bree :)

CynthiaD
04-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Out is where I belong. Sometimes I feel a little nervous just before stepping out, but once I step out that door, that stuff vanishes. I stroll out to the car hoping that the neighbors can see me. I drive to my destination with my chest stuck out, hoping that everyone is noticing my boobs. I get where I'm going, and people say "Hello ma'am." "How are you ma'am?" "Can I help you ma'am?" "Thank you ma'am." "Have a nice day ma'am!" And I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. This is the best part of me, my light. Why hide it under a basket? Or in a closet?

Janine cd
04-10-2015, 08:11 PM
I've never felt more feminine than the first time that I went out fully dressed. The feeling of a breeze running under my skirt and the freedom to walk in heels on the pavement could never be duplicated.

Jaymees22
04-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes driving in a dress or skirt feels much better than jeggings or jeans. Unfortunately wearing a dress these days will get you noticed as practically no women wear them. Of course that might be a good goal to be noticed! Hugs Jaymee

Janine cd
04-10-2015, 08:36 PM
I drove in a dress last November and can't remember a more exhilarating experience. The feel of cool air flowing under the skirt was a real rush! Knowing that I was in a totally feminine form was heavenly.

flatlander_48
04-10-2015, 09:03 PM
There is an interesting parallel here. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a test to help you understand various personality traits. There are 4 pairs of opposing traits, but the pair that is interesting is Introvert-Extrovert. Typically I score close to the mid-point between them. What this means is that sometimes I seek situations where I draw energy from others (extrovert), but other times I will seek situations where I draw my energy from within (introvert). As far as dressing is concerned, sometimes I am very content to dress at home and other times it feels like I need to be out in the world. The only real appearance differences between the 2 activities would be wig and makeup.

DeeAnn

Lexi_83
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Yes driving in a dress or skirt feels much better than jeggings or jeans. Unfortunately wearing a dress these days will get you noticed as practically no women wear them. In Boston that's not so true if you go out early as lots are coming from work. The later you go out the more party clothes you see.

cdcorinne
04-10-2015, 10:40 PM
I would love to wear a low rise woman's jeans out with some low heels, but I haven't found a pair that fits yet..... no butt on me. If it fits in the waist, the butt sags. Not a pretty look. Just one step up for underdressing for me.... baby steps.

RADER
04-10-2015, 10:42 PM
O' Yes, I wish I could wear my dress or skirts out of the house.
I was very daring a few weeks back, I wore my skirt to the drive through
ad Araby's. It was both scaring and thrilling, But it was dark out.
Maybe some day.
Rader

bridget thronton
04-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I do like shopping and dining wearing a dress.

lingerieLiz
04-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Wearing a dress out is truly an exciting experience. I can remember the first time and it was long ago. I especially liked the feeling of my dress being blown by the wind. One of the other things that was fun was wearing petticoats back in the 50s.

Nikkilovesdresses
04-11-2015, 01:27 AM
To me dressing is as much about being comfortable in my own skin as being comfortable in the clothes. You are much further along that path than I. If the circumstances aren't comfortable to me, no way am I going to dress up. Call it being closeted if you like, and yes I do know how sensational it feels to wear a dress outdoors, but I'm a long way from walking down my street in a miniskirt!

On the other hand I might consider walking down yours...:)

pamela7
04-11-2015, 02:07 AM
5-hour round trip in the car in skirt (purple) and top (pink) to collect my daughter from ex's house, oh yes i enjoyed that!
Nikki i can see you now, so here's the deal, you can do that in my street if i can do that in yours!

Maria 60
04-11-2015, 06:37 AM
When I do have the time to totally fully dress and look in the mirror and tell myself hot I look, I then proceeded to tell myself " what a shame, all dressed and nowhere to go". Locked doors and curtains closed. I think I know what your talking about.

Ellie52
04-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Ive been out a few times in the daytime to the shops and it was OK. I went into the wig shop where I bought my wig and the girls were sensational and made me feel like a million dollars. The shops were OK and no trouble. I dont think I was 'made' as such. I went for a coffee and had to ask for a 'long black' (Black coffee) and I know my voice isnt good but still the shop was full and I got my coffee in good time.
I live near the coast and went to the local beach shops during school holidays. Again to the coffee shop, this time my voice cracked and I had to ask again. The SA looked but didnt bother.
I dont go out anymore because for me it was to prove I could do it and I can, but I feel silly as I know inside I am not a woman so what am I trying to prove?
I much prefer going into shops in DRAB and asking to try on skirts etc. This is so much fun as you get to chat up the SA's, try on cool clothes and shoes and then see the assistants shock when you actually buy something. This for me is much more fun than parading around a shopping centre as if Im on my way to a fancy dress party.
Each to their own....Its a strange world and what is so good is that we are not the strange ones....

Ellie

Curiosity666
04-11-2015, 07:26 AM
I hope that one day I'll work up the nerve (and the ability to make it look my makeup wasn't applied like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gId2HsHvSgs) to go out in public. It's such a shame that I live so far from the city. I wouldn't dare go out locally. Not the safest area and I almost always see someone from work because it's such a small town.

Helen_Highwater
04-11-2015, 07:48 AM
"Does anyone else feel like its really all about being "out", and that dressing at home is great but not enough? "

I'm sat dressed in a LBD, heels and a wig with no opportunity to go out but if one arose then yes I'd be out like a shot. Being a recent convert to the joys of actually going shopping dressed it's just a great experience but one that quickly normalizes. Being out there I suppose validates what I do.

CarlyJ
04-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Yes, I have loved being out in a dress. I found it easier to go to places in the evening ,like bars and restaurants. Unfortunately, even doing this with other CD people from a support group was not okay with my SO. So after the swearing off and purging for a couple of years, I am back to dressing behind closed doors. I keep myself fit through regular yoga practice, and would love to back out in a dress. What I really need is the business trip option. I live in Atlanta and looking to reconnect. Wistfully, CarlyJ

Krisi
04-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Being out in public and (hopefully) being taken as a woman is indeed a big thrill. Because I don't want my neighbors to know I am a crossdresser, I must underdress and change in the car in a parking lot away from my neighborhood and do the same before coming home. It's a hassle, of course but it's worth it. I look different enough as a woman that I don't think I would be recognized away from my own neighborhood. I usually walk around the malls or in the tourist part of my city. And I dress as much like the genetic women as possible. No high heels or too short skirts.

skislopes-cd
04-11-2015, 06:09 PM
I have never done this, but it's only a matter of time. I think that going for a drive will be my first step. And i like the idea of maybe going for a little walk. I'm working on getting the right clothes. That's a process in itself.

JesseGirl
04-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Never gone out in a full length dress yet as the full on dress thingy isn't me how ever mini skirts yup! Sometimes with leggings and a cute pair of ballet flats on and the first girly t-shirt that comes to hand out of my draw lol, having done it all my life I just take it as normal stuff, I hope you folks pluck up the courage to do it as its a fab feeling walking about in something other than jeans and trousers etc, just don't get to self conscious otherwise it will just ruin your experience trust me.... I know I know you think the whole world is looking but they are not. Enjoy your self.

flatlander_48
04-11-2015, 06:36 PM
I went for a coffee and had to ask for a 'long black' (Black coffee)

As opposed to a Flat White. And yes, I've been there...

I have never done this, but it's only a matter of time. I think that going for a drive will be my first step. And i like the idea of maybe going for a little walk. I'm working on getting the right clothes. That's a process in itself.

But, don't let that slow you down. Just remember, it's never going to be perfect...

DeeAnn

Beverley Sims
04-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Pamela,
My early going "out" in a dress did make me feel I had made the final step.

Mostly I had been wearing skirts and blouses and this was also exhilerating, especially the multi layered slips I wore.

EvelynVetro
04-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Of course its all about going out? There's no point in looking Fabulous if you can't strut your stuff girl!

Stephanie47
04-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I know it is just personal choice as to how someone dresses. My wife hardly wears a dress. When she does it is usually to a wedding. Those events are few and far between. She usually wears nice pants and a colorful top. Shoes? Due to foot surgery she cannot wear heels. So, her footwear is stylish "flats." I see many very attractive women wearing pants/jeans and stylish tops. I also see many attractive women who are drop dead gorgeous wearing jeans and a tee shirt. There's been some threads concerning femininity. Femininity has to be well based in the manner in which she carries herself. A woman who is attractively dressed, whether in a dress or not, totally destroys her air of femininity if vulgarity spews forth from her mouth. I know I have digressed form Pamela's thoughts, but..

I read and see pictures on this site of presentations where one is attired in jeans/pants and a plain top. I really do not understand. I missed Karen Hutton on this site. She is a girl of my own heart. I do not own a single pair of women's jeans/pants. Frankly, jeans/pants seem to detract from the inner person who compels me to emulate her. So, and I guess it is due to the era in which I grew up (1950's and 1960's) that I/she will only wear a dress. When I have been out in public the just loved the feel of the movement of a dress and slip across my body. I love the feel of the breeze caressing my legs. I love the way the breeze plays with the loose hairs of my wig.

I see absolutely no sense in wearing women's jeans/pants around the house. I see no point to it. If I want to dress as an attractive woman, why would I wear the clothing women have co-opted from men?

I really do not see the allure of wearing women's jeans/pants. This is my personal preference. If I want to feel comfortable in jeans, I'll reach for my well worn jeans, some of which my wife will not be seen with me in public. If I want to feel feminine, it's always a pretty dress.

jjjjohanne
04-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Staying at home is not enough. Especially now that I have kids and cannot dress freely. But, after a lot of going out, it is not enough. I am starting to want a project to work on or a class to attend in a dress. Maybe volunteer work. Was it Rockafeller who said when asked how much money was enough, "Just a little bit more." It is that way for me. I never get satisfied.

Oh, and I own some women's slacks and I think one day, I might try to wear them. But that day hasn't come yet!

Allycttv
04-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I agree for years stayed home or inside. Being as a woman is very exciting and makes me feel even more fem.

Dena
04-12-2015, 10:25 PM
I love feeling the breeze caress me with my dress, over my full slip, over my bra, panties, and stockings!

You have to go outside to feel it.

JennyTV
04-18-2015, 01:44 AM
I am not passable and don't think I could ever be. But I have recently gone out a couple times after midnight wearing either a skirt/women's tee, dress or skirt and blouse with hose/flats, bra with forms and my new wig to convenience stores. No makeup at all (it wouldn't help! :)
I'm a long way from doing it in the day time. But I have considered taking a driving vacation in this semi-en femme style. Maybe one day.

Jen

abby054
04-18-2015, 05:24 AM
I am not passable and don't think I could ever be. But I have recently gone out a couple times after midnight wearing either a skirt/women's tee, dress or skirt and blouse with hose/flats, bra with forms and my new wig to convenience stores. No makeup at all (it wouldn't help! :)
I'm a long way from doing it in the day time. But I have considered taking a driving vacation in this semi-en femme style. Maybe one day.

Jen

Be careful out there! Maybe your neighborhood is better than mine, but making a habit of going to convenience stores after midnight is a good way to get mugged where I live. Getting mugged as a guy is a bad experience, to put it mildly. Getting mugged as a girl is a whole different level of bad experience. I will not bore you or frighten you with how I know this.

Nadya
04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Dressing at home always feels like it's not enough. When I want to dress, if I don't have a place to go, I don't really want to do it. For me, going out dressed up allows me to be me and being in public validates me whether others approve or not. <3