PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Experience

JennMW
02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I have always enjoyed dancing. And unlike many in my generation (forties), I have always enjoyed dancing while holding my partner in my arms.

Gyrating and shaking in the middle of group of people holds very little interest for me. Even line dancing doesn't provide much pleasure for me.

Raised as a male, of course I was taught how to lead. I've recently been learning to dance en femme. I never imagined how difficult it would be! It is one thing to decide where and how to dance and a whole different skill set trying to figure out what my partner wants me to do!

Ginger Rogers had it right when she said something along the lines of, "Yes, but I do it backwards and in high heels!"

It has taught me a whole new admiration when dancing with a female partner!

The best part is that dancing in "her shoes" has made me a better dancer when I am leading :)

What kind of dancing experiences have you had?

(sp!)

Laurie Ann
02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
No sense of ryhthm and two blown out kness make it hard. My wife allows me to think I am leading.

GypsyKaren
02-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Oh geez, I can't dance, I'd rather be in a room full of snakes than on a dance floor, but Kat's gonna teach me, heaven help us all.

GypsyKaren

Deidra Cowen
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I never liked dancing as a guy...but soon as I started going out as a fem I found I really enjoyed it.

Julie York
02-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I do both types of dancing.

I do "look at me I am a sad ******* single guy who can't dance."

And I do "Hold on and pretend we like each other."

I prefer the second because you have someone to fall against when you become unconscious.

Amelie
02-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I have done some slam dancing,,,,skanking... a had some fun in the mosh pit.

I did sometimes go to a disco and boogied like Mrs. John Travolta.

Joanna Maguire
02-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I never like dancing as a male. For some reason dressed in a ball gown or a full skirt I could dance a lot better and enjoyed it. Dont know why.Im more confident of myself playing the feminine role than I was a a male. Maybe thats why ? My mother was a good dance. My father could not dance ?? Any connection ?? Inherited from my mother ??
Joanna

karen marie
02-04-2006, 04:42 AM
actually, i took tap lessons as a kid.
definetly prefer dancing enfemme.
hugs,karen.

JennMW
02-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I have been looking for some character shoes but alas every vendor I have found only goes to 11. I need a 12m.

For now, I've been dancing in flats, but I want that extra little kick a 2" heel would provide.

CarolDonna
02-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I dance a lot. I've never tried to follow -- I always lead. Following looks much more difficult.

Phyliss
02-05-2006, 10:34 AM
When I was in grammer school, the father of one of the girls, Kathleen Murray, by name, gave the entire class a present of dancing lessons at his studio. Kathleen was the daughter of Aurthur Murray.

Does the term "dismal failure" mean anything to anybody? Even with free lessons by a recognized professional I just "couldn't get it" still can't.
The few times I have gotten on the dance floor was only because I was quite drunk(and at that it wasn't pretty, I though I was fine but....). Now that I've stopped drinking I don't dance.

I could just imagine dancing in heels, I'm still trying to learn how to walk correctly in them.

Marla GG
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
We have only done it a few times so far, but some of our best outings to date have involved going clubbing as two chicks. This was not Arthur Murray style dancing though -- we were shakin' our groove thangs! For me, dancing with another girl (who happened to be my hubby ;) ) was a totally cool experience. Everything -- the eye contact, body language, and how we mirrored each other's moves -- felt completely different from dancing with Angel in boy mode. What more can I say, it was hot! :D

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8457/sganight27kc.jpg

JennMW
02-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Great picture Marla! Faces is a fun club to hang out in. I went there for a "country" night a few months ago, had a blast!

Angel how did you feel about dancing en femme?

How do you decide who leads when two girls are dancing? :)

jenny_centaur
02-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Dancing is fun!

This photo was taken last Thursday evening at the Atlantic Club fashion show and disco.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6843/atlantic16cu.jpg

Sadly that's the only photo I have of me actually dancing in a skirt.

Same place, same time, (not dancing):
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9563/atlantic23qu.jpg

If anyone has any more photos from that evening, I'd love to see them ;)

KathrynW
02-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Hot sun beating down
Burning my feet just walking around

Hot sun making me sweat
’gators getting close, hasn’t got me yet

I can’t dance, I can’t talk
Only thing about me is the way I walk

naw...no dancing...I always play in the band so everyone else can dance... ;)

Rachel Morley
02-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Angel how did you feel about dancing en femme?

Hi Jennifer,

Being on the dancefloor en femme dancing with your wife as "two girls" has got to be one of the best things I have ever experienced. :) As you know, Faces is primarily (but not exclusively) a gay venue and so it means that we can openly show public displays of affection and get away with it :D Also by doing PDAs people know we are together. When we first went there we didn't act that way and it was kinda unnerving to have someone hit on your wife right in front of you! :eek:

tvgirl4fun
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Jennifer,
You might want to try this link for Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Premier-Studio-of-Dance . I just bought a black and tan pair, size 10. They have size 12 listed. I went to a play in PA a while back and noticed all the girls had a strap style shoe on that they were dancing in. I figured if they could dance in them, they would be comfortable as everyday shoes too. So I e-mailed the theater and asked about the shoes. Their response was that they were "character" shoes. Theirs' were by Capezio. Good luck! Jaie

JennMW
02-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Good Hunting on the character shoes!

Thanks!

Aileen
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I love dancing in a nice twirly dress. Nothing better.