PDA

View Full Version : hiking

melaknee
04-12-2015, 06:41 PM
do any cd's hike en femme?

Jamie Lynn
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
I have done it and love it when I get the chance. Unfortunately it's not very often. Now that the sun might stay out for a while I'm hoping to put some miles on!

melaknee
04-12-2015, 09:04 PM
reese witherspoon wild me cd next year whaaaaaat

bridget thronton
04-13-2015, 01:51 AM
I have - but summer is a hot time to hike (so less clothes is often better than more)

JenniferYager
04-13-2015, 03:04 AM
I have deeply considered hiking some of the hikes here, but the island is a bit warm and I worry the makeup would melt!

annecwesley
04-13-2015, 04:31 AM
I have. I often wear a skirt when I walk in the woods.

pamela7
04-13-2015, 04:55 AM
as a man in a dress yes, all the time, dogwalking over fields and hills too. I wear man-boots, cos they're necessary for my weight when walking any distance, but apart from that, wear what you like. I don't put on the pretty stuff cos i don't want it damaged by brambles and jumping dog paws, but jeggings/leggings+short skirt work fine

kimdl93
04-13-2015, 07:05 AM
Sure, alone and with my dogs. It's fun to get out in the country anytime, and much better en femme.

Cheryl T
04-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I did a few years ago when my wife and I took a girls only vacation and traveled around New England. It was wonderful to be out in the country and free to be me.

Beverley Sims
04-15-2015, 01:08 PM
If I was into hiking I would.

I have far too many other interests to take up wandering through the countryside as well.

In the UK climbing all those fences, crossing fields and watching out for the bull. :)

StarrOfDelite
04-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Are you talking about real hiking (e.g. the John Muir or AT) or a pleasant little walk in the woods or along the beach? :)

joanne barber
04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
I love packing a few pretty things, & going to the middle of nowhere in the country or woods, dressed up nice & feminine. Just be careful if you go alone far away from civilization, that you don't go somewhere where you can have an accident or fall, get lost or stranded, or get attacked by wildlife. A friend lets me use his camping cabin occasionally, & I always bring pretty things to wear while I'm there. I even had a few old fashioned prairie dresses for the occasions. There was even a small pond to soak in with a pretty bathing suit on a hot summer day. I couldn't stay out of the water long without the bugs eating me up, so had get quickly back into dresses with tights to keep most of them off me. Even then some bugs can bite right through the clothes. The best time to avoid more bugs is cool days or spring & autumn. Or even in a light rain with an umbrella is fun.

susann_gardener
04-17-2015, 01:16 PM
I have, in the past, when doing day hikes as training for my AT hike (completed 2011). Now I am too well known to attempt doing that, although it will be tempting this year as I complete my second NH4000.

Dana44
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah, The weather is warming and time to go... We had an 84 degree day on January 28 and my So and I went to the lake and walked all over in our bikini's and up several tall hills, one looking over the water it was a beautiful day. I used my man boots as we went though a lot of stuff. LOL man boots and a bikini. There were several people there. One set of men that were loading their boat was watched us as we went to my truck to leave. Wonder what they were thinking?

Lexi_83
04-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Gone jogging, at night, as visibility is worse and views more fleeting. Hiking is sweaty, not high on my list.....

sara.rafaela
04-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Are you kidding? I am an avid climber, I have done several of the 14,000 ft. Palisade peaks in California and climbed to the Les Diableret glacier in the Swiss Alps, but 35 lbs. of gear, 90 deg. daytime temperatures, and then makeup, wig, breast forms, etc. One time I could not find a taxi and had to pull a roller bag one mile through San Francisco. I thought I would melt, that was enough for me.

Kristy 56
04-17-2015, 06:46 PM
No I haven't,but In my opinion FL isn't conducive to hiking( flat,hot bugs) however, I do see a lot of GGs walking across the bridge down here looking very femme. I'm jealous because if I did it I'd be found out and be toast.

CynthiaD
04-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I love hiking, but my favorite places also tend to attract a few unsavory characters. I always hike in drab, and always take my dog.

Stephanie A
04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah hiking is something I love. I haven't done it dressed as Stephanie, but I would. I would either wear tight shorts and top, or skin tight jeans. I love being outdoors, and so why not so I could extra enjoy it.
Stephanie

annecwesley
04-18-2015, 05:16 AM
BTW, Pantyhose are the best protection I've found against ticks. And ticks are the best excuse for wearing tights under a hiking kilt.

SheriM
04-18-2015, 06:16 AM
I have a couple pair of women's shorts that look like fem outdoor shorts. I use them as regular shorts and when hiking. I'm not an avid hiker but am planning a hike this summer. Hoping to convince my wife to let me wear a bra.

Sheila11
04-18-2015, 10:11 AM
I posted this a while back.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?221904-Hiking-cute&highlight=

grumpus
04-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Love to go into the woods dressed. Makes me weak in the knees.

Sallee
04-24-2015, 09:38 AM
I have done short hikes around balboa park. a local city park here. a truly tough mtn hike might be tough.

Krisi
04-24-2015, 10:06 AM
I am not into hiking so "No", I have never done it as a female. Most actual females would not be wearing "girlie" clothes when hiking, jeans and boots mostly. I have gone for a walk on the walking/biking trail next to the main road a couple times. Still I wore jeans and sneakers.

Jennifer in CO
04-24-2015, 11:44 AM
many times...a long time ago. My favorite hiking outfit was a pair of brown leather shorts, white linen/gauze cover shirt over a white bra (or sports bra as they became fashionable), Hiking boots and THICK socks. Climbed many a mountain so attired. Hair back in a ponytail, no makeup, just another girl on the mountain

Jorja
04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
I am not CD but have done considerable hiking. My friend and I have hiked the entire Appalachian trail from Main to Georgia. Just two more women on an adventure.

Adriana Moretti
04-24-2015, 06:00 PM
i totally would..i just got a nice pair of hiking boots that have a slight heel on them....now i just need a cute outdoorsy outfit to go with them xoxo i would love to go camping this summer too, i would expect my wig to reek of campfire smoke, but i think it would be fun

StarrOfDelite
05-17-2015, 12:55 PM
I am not CD but have done considerable hiking. My friend and I have hiked the entire Appalachian trail from Main to Georgia. Just two more women on an adventure.

My summertime usually involves several challenging day hikes or overnighters in the Catskills and Adirondacks, and I was reviewing this older thread to see if any of the other ladies done trails which I might want to try this year when I read your comment. I just wanted to say that "My hat is off" to you and your friend. A through hike is a great achievement!

My most noteworthy hiking adventure was doing The Devil's Path in two days a couple of summers ago, but I wasn't CD'ing at the time.

I've done about 250 miles of the AT in snippets, but haven't been able to set aside the four months which a through hike requires. I'm fairly confident that if I did try it I wouldn't consider CD'ing because of the difficulties of keeping my facial and body hair under control.

I'm sure that you already know this, Jorja, but for those who might read this thread but aren't avid hikers, the record for the fastest through hike of the AT, approximately 2200 miles, is held by a genetic woman who did it in 47 days, which is an average of 47 miles a day.

Sarah Doepner
05-17-2015, 01:06 PM
I love to get out and hike, but usually it's a backpack trip that I'm on with friends who don't know about my feminine side. My experience there is always one of sweat, dirt, damaged clothing and boots that are anything but cute. I'll keep my girl side in town I think.

Meghan4now
05-17-2015, 01:43 PM
My summertime usually involves several challenging day hikes or overnighters in the Catskills and Adirondacks, and I was reviewing this older thread to see if any of the other ladies done trails which I might want to try this year when I read your comment. I just wanted to say that "My hat is off" to you and your friend. A through hike is a great achievement!

My most noteworthy hiking adventure was doing The Devil's Path in two days a couple of summers ago, but I wasn't CD'ing at the time.

I've done about 250 miles of the AT in snippets, but haven't been able to set aside the four months which a through hike requires. I'm fairly confident that if I did try it I wouldn't consider CD'ing because of the difficulties of keeping my facial and body hair under control.

I'm sure that you already know this, Jorja, but for those who might read this thread but aren't avid hikers, the record for the fastest through hike of the AT, approximately 2200 miles, is held by a genetic woman who did it in 47 days, which is an average of 47 miles a day.
I'm with you. I fail to see the logic in extra clothes wigs shaving make up and forms. I love hiking and backpacking but my girl time does not intersect.

I get Jorja, that makes sense. And to tip my hat I've not done the AT. Four months is about 5X my vacation time. 47 miles a day? OMFG! How is that even possible? Even for one day let alone a month and a half!

Sophie Hogletta
05-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Two years ago I hiked above Grindelweld in the Swiss Alps in a girly outfit. Everyone is so chilled out there they don't care. After all, it's just different boots, small shorts, and a nice hat. And I am only 5'7 and very slender so no one noticed. Great day. :)

JessMe
05-18-2015, 04:42 AM
I'm a pretty avid hiker, I generally reserve my Sundays for it. As far as hiking "en femme" , I have not, and probably won't for a few reasons: firstly, as I've mentioned before, this area is not very kind to people who are different. Secondly, my wardrobe/wigs/etc collection is limited and not as expendable/easily replaced as my male wardrobe. And thirdly, It's hard enough to make myself presentable as a female without all the sweat and grime. Lol ...I have a GG hiking buddy that comes along occasionally, and she described herself as "ratchet" when we were done with 18 miles last time! Lol

StarrOfDelite
05-18-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm with you. I fail to see the logic in extra clothes wigs shaving make up and forms. I love hiking and backpacking but my girl time does not intersect.

I get Jorja, that makes sense. And to tip my hat I've not done the AT. Four months is about 5X my vacation time. 47 miles a day? OMFG! How is that even possible? Even for one day let alone a month and a half!

Jennifer Pharr Davis is the woman who did the 47 miles per day for 47 days through hike of the AT in 2011, but she was not backpacking at the time. She did it on what is called a "Supported Hike" basis. As you probably know, the AT crosses highways every 5-10 miles, and the way it works is that a Support Person drives a Camper Van or P-Up from the jump-off point to a pre-arranged point at a road crossing, where they meet, and the Hiker then eats, sleeps, and freshens up in the camper before starting off again the next morning. Ms. Davis was carrying a good heavy load since even a long day hike will require canteens, energy bars, prepared meals, toiletpaper, multi-tool knives, et cetera, but her pack didn't include cooking utensils, a water purifier, sleeping bag, or other gear which would be necessary for classic, sleep-on-the-trail backpacking. Which is not to diminish her accomplishment in way, forty-seven miles a day for one day would put me in bed for the rest of the month even if I wasn't carrying anything heavier than a water bottle. I Googled and the fastest traditional, unsupported through hike of the trail is fifty-eight days, done in 2013 by a man named Matt Kirk.

Dana44
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Wow Jorga, the appellation trail. Heck I want to hike that from the Florida panhandle to Maine and back. That's over a two thousand four hindered miles or forty four hundred there and back. It's probably two thousand miles to Georgia from Maine. That is a good long trip.