PDA

View Full Version : How many Servicewomen do we have here?

Curiosity666
04-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Hey everyone :)

I was just curious as to how many members we have here that have, or are serving in any kind of military?

How do you think that has changed the way you look at cross dressing?

Dana3
04-14-2015, 05:55 AM
Retired United States Marine 1975 ~ 1995. Gunnery Sergeant.

In hindsight? It seriously put a damper on it, and hindered my growth, recognition, and acceptance of my feminine self. I was sure and certain for the longest that I was the only man in the entire world who had this "problem" with wanting, needing, desiring to dress and EXPRESS myself in a feminine manner. Even though on some level I knew that wasn't true, I was truly confused about the many varying aspects of it all.

Linda E. Woodworth
04-14-2015, 06:36 AM
This is a common thread that tends to repeat itself.

USN, active and reserve for 26 1/2 years.

Lily Catherine
04-14-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm currently a full time national service personnel - a prime target for local citizen journalists when they do anything displeasing to the eye. I'm not willing to even disclose which branch. Not so much 'classified' than for preventing an ease of identification. As is Singaporean society, heteronormativity reigns and the matter is (pun!) skirted. Cross-dressing has never once severely interfered with my life as of date of publication. I hope it stays that way.

Despite the grave responsibilities that my time in service imposed, I had much more time to ruminate over a lot of matters that slipped through when I was still a student. The fact that I cross-dress was one of those; even though I had dressed while studying, thinking about the aspects of dressing is another story. In all honesty, I doubt my service has impacted my thoughts on cross-dressing; if anything it was something I definitely could only do while out of the barracks.

Due to the almost entirely male population of the military, the use of femininity-targeted insults is unfortunately quite common. Even though the term 'macam guniang' (macam = resembling (Malay), guniang = girl (Chinese)) has obviously negative connotations, I have never batted an eyelid, even behind anyone's back, at the term.

Dana3
04-14-2015, 07:01 AM
This is a common thread that tends to repeat itself.

USN, active and reserve for 26 1/2 years.

Yes there is a thread asking about members of this forum who are former military. But with a twist ~ the twist being that it asks how one's service in the military AFFECTED one's ideas, perceptions in regards to one's gender issues. An interesting question I do believe.

In my own particular case ~ albeit not its on, as I served for many, many, many other reasons and motives, one simply DOES NOT make a career of the military with singularity of purpose in mind ~ in part?

IT WAS an effort on and in my part to EARN and VALIDATE my masculinity and "man-hood" if you would?

Kate Simmons
04-14-2015, 07:17 AM
I was in Army Intel with two tours in Nam. 3 1/2 years total The Intel part helped me to keep secrets. The rest is history. :battingeyelashes::)

Lily Catherine
04-14-2015, 07:21 AM
IT WAS an effort on and in my part to EARN and VALIDATE my masculinity and "man-hood" if you would?

Even though I'm a conscript (as opposed to a career soldier/sailor/airman), I'd like to point out that there is a lot of 'boys to men', 'earning your manhood' talk all the way back from basic training, inculcated in pre-enlistees even before they join the armed forces. Sadly, I still hear a fair amount of goofy misogyny in marching cadences, hand-waved (?) as a side effect of being in a heteronormative male environment.

Sarah-RT
04-14-2015, 07:56 AM
I served in the reserve defence force for 2 years while still in school hoping to join the army properly when I finished, it was the only thing I ever wanted to do with my life but I failed the eye sight test and never got any further, biggest regret I have and ever will.

Thinking about it now I don't think I dressed too much at the time, before and after certainly but when I was in it I assumed a mentality of "super macho man" which I think really conflicts when I dress now because I can't learn to lose that old part of me

so at times when I dress now and get a wave of guilt I'll often end up on YouTube watching things about war to sort of get myself away from dressing.

reb.femme
04-14-2015, 04:12 PM
I was an RAF aircraft technician for 12 years and can honesty say, service had no effect on me. I was still in the closet then and being found out would have been a calamity back (mainly in the 80s). So I suppose covering my tracks was something I did really well :heehee:.

My wife sent me a bottle of Vodka during the first Gulf war, wrapped in French Knickers. Unfortunately, the bottle broke, parcel was opened by our Police. Nothing was ever said about the knickers, just a mate's camera in another parcel got soaked and we had to check the equipment wasn't damaged. Luckily, all ended with smiles all round and I did get to wear them a couple of times too :battingeyelashes:.

Rebecca

karenpayneoregon
04-14-2015, 05:55 PM
For years I taught military as an adjunct instructor (meaning I was not in the service but taught as needed). During that time I was dressed strictly male in 5.11 clothing as was no room for even the slightest cross-dressing. I have not been asked back since my announcement of transitioning and think it will not happen sad to say.

csprings64
04-14-2015, 09:13 PM
20 year Air Force veteran. It put a damper on my crossdressing. I think if I hadn't joined the military I would have dressed more often.

Curiosity666
04-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Some great opinions here. I'm in the Air Force myself, and I actually think that, if anything, it's encouraged it. That's because I joined straight out of school, so the forces are what enabled me to move out of home and become independent.

Additionally, I'm living away from my girlfriend at the moment due to a course, which I think gave me room to explore and discover that this side of me is real, and isn't going anywhere :)

Marcelle
04-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Hi Lucy,

I am Canadian military (32 years of service to date). I knew on some level I was TG long ago when I joined the military but being Infantry I hid it, repressed and whatnot until about a year and half ago when it came crashing emotionally into my life. I am now out completely at work (being TG in the Canadian military is not grounds for dismissal).

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
04-15-2015, 02:25 PM
I have never changed my views whilst serving in the armed forces.

Michelle_G
04-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Thank you all for your service!

Brandy Mathews
04-15-2015, 08:15 PM
4 years in the Army. Probably the best thing that I ever did in my life. Was stationed in a foreign country back then, was having a cd fit, found a pair of hose, helped a little, but was hard not dressing for so long.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Annette_boy
04-15-2015, 10:44 PM
US Navy ret 23 years active and reserve Boatswains Mate put a damper on my dressing only did it while on leave or off duty. Repressed it till after I retired .It was a weight lifted from me to at last be free to be me.

Annette/USN ret