PDA

View Full Version : The real me coming out?

Danni Renee
04-15-2015, 08:42 PM
It has been a while since I last posted on this site and I figure I am due for a post. Besides, things are finally changing for me and for the better (I think - but more than just a hope things will be better for sure). I will retire from the Army in 75 days and yes, I am counting the days (and hours and minutes)! Most of that time will be spent on leave. I finally acknowledged myself about 4 years ago and ever since I accepted myself I put the mark on the wall for moving ahead on this journey once I retire. I had bumps along the road, some self induced and more than a few from outside my ability to avoid, but I am looking forward to the next phase of the journey, wherever it leads. I finally started growing my hair out (amen) and my off duty wardrobe is almost exclusively comprised of female clothing. The first day I am officially retired I will get my ears pierced. I am already "out" to most of my family members though my father and one of my sisters does not know (yet). For me, the next big step is to stop hiding behind my wigs and to show the real me. So here it goes, the real me:

kimdl93
04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Congratulations on your retirement, thanks for your years of service, and best wishes on your new life!

donnalee
04-15-2015, 09:22 PM
That's wonderful! Sounds like you've thought it out and got everything planned properly (sh*t happens, but careful planning for contingencies can make things have less impact). I hope your new life is everything you want it to be and thanks so much for your service.

Rachelakld
04-16-2015, 12:28 AM
Cool, I hope you have a list of hobbies of chores to keep you active (I tend to worry about XY's when they retire and have noting to do - not sure how XXY's cope).
And as Donna says, thanks for your service.

bridget thronton
04-16-2015, 01:16 AM
Thanks for your service - hope you have a great retirement

Beverley Sims
04-16-2015, 06:48 AM
I too enjoyed my service life and counting the days has always been one of the milestones in my life.

Enjoy your change of lifestyle and may you have a good journey into the future. :)