PDA

View Full Version : An update

Kimberly
02-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Heya girls!!

I haven't posted on here in so long... and my dressing has still been developing, that I thought I'd give you all a break from those "omg i luv shoezz!!!1!!!1!11" threads. (no offence to anyone... there just seem to be a v large number of them cropping up.) Plus, I can talk about my favourite subject, Kimberly! (as only my friends know too well.)

Well, since I last posted pics, a lot of stuff has been happening... I came out to my parents, but I posted all about that. My dad is still finding it difficult, but my mum has seen me casually dressed around the house and doesn't really acknowledge it. Partly, she seems to try to act as if nothing is different, but I feel that she does feel slightly uncomfortable because of it. Take yesterday for example: I'd had a b*tch of a day, so I thought I'd relax a little bit, and as the house was empty and my mum was the first to come home, I thought I'd get dressed en femme. So I pulled out my fairly new 3/4 length jeans, (with the fold up that so many girls seem to be wearing right now,) got some tights on underneath - it was cold! - and just put on a strappy top. Was in the living room, and my mum came in. She looked okay with it, but she wasn't here usual chatty self... in fact, the roles were reversed; I was asking her about her day! The final thing she said to me, until I got changed, was, "Remeber your Dad will be home soon!" Hmm... a simple excuse to get me into normal clothes.

What beats me up about it, is that these are normal clothes to me! I feel better in female attire than I do male. Ugh... ah well. I've been having a bout lately of seeing women in brilliant clothes, this season, and wanting them - then a heart wrenching feeling of not being able to wear them out and about, and basically be quite openly female. This is annoying - in fact, it goes way beyond annoying.

I've come out to a couple more friends, and they didn't really batter an eyelid. "Oh... it all make sense now!" One friend said to me.
"What does?" I asked.
"... you," was the answer. I suppose so. I don't exactly act like the most macho man around my friends, and they all know I'm bi, so maybe it's not such a shock to them.

Randomly: one thing that really annoyed me the other week, was when someone in my drama company said, "Oh, a tranvestite added me in myspace the other day... how nice..." Sarcastically said, of course. It's this kind of ignorance that angers me to the very core... someone's pure indignancy at someone else's situation in life, and the way they feel about themselves. It was interesting to learn, however, that a friend of mine studying psychology, learns about gender identity as part of their course - which is brill. :)

Well girls, I've prattled on for FAR too long. I'll see you all around here, I expect. xxx

Jamie M
02-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Hi kimberly,

well a bit of a mixed bag for you at the moment then i see . At least it seems as if your mum is trying to accept you as you are even if you dad is having a hard time of it . these things do take time and i've got to say that i really admire your courage in coming out to so many poeple in such a relatively short space of time , i hope you start seeing more positive results in your family soon .

As for your friends , it seems as if they've taken it all in their stride which is really cool , you know you picked your friends right in the first place when that happens don't you . And as for your drama collegue , who knows maybe it was me who added them ;)

anyway so good to hear your ongoing story of life and development , on the whole you seem to be doing better than ever , long may that continue

:gh: