PDA

View Full Version : am I a freak?

matthew g
10-10-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm 21, and i've been dressing for 2 or 3 years now, but i've always felt the urge to dress. I have ccerebral palsy, so i'm unlikely to find a girl/boyfriend. I just would like someone like me to talk with. I like feminine clothing, like frilly dresses, tutus etc. can anyone help?

rinki
10-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I am sure you are pretty, why dont you post a pic, have fun

Tristen Cox
10-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Great that you found us. We are all very supportive, you will make plenty of friends here. Just chill out and have fun :D

Tristen

Marianne
10-10-2004, 11:49 AM
No Mathew, you aren't a freak.

Society has moved on since P.T. Barnum exhibited 'Freaks' on Coney Island in the first half of the last century of the last millenium.

Nowadays, people don't get a 'cheap thrill' out of pointing and laughing (at least they don't admit it anyways) at other people who are different.

That said, us cross-dressers are still seen by 'Joe and Jane Sixpack' as something to be ridiculed and laughed at. Teenagers and young adults (and many 'mature' adults) still feel the 'peer pressure' to conform to an outmoded values system. Society and the media force a bland diet of propoganda down our throats in a constant stream of political and capitalistic messaging designed to 'brainwash' us into either voting for them or buying their products.

When we see a network television advertisement for 'Cover Girl' makeup, and the model is a 6', 250 pound male construction worker who's hobby is doing a 'drag' act at the local 'American Legion' post, we'll know we're finally starting to get past the narrow-minded xenophobic prejudices and fears of a society that enforces narrow-minded mores and 'standards' upon a gullible populace.

Until that day arrives, we're 'stuck' with ignorant prejudice, ignorant fear and a feeling of 'shame' that we weren't created in the 'image' that the Hollywood 'ghods' have managed to label as 'The ideal!' and sell to 'Joe and Jane Average'.

Now, with cerebral palsy, you face a number of challenges that are entirely separate and distinct from those that I face. Challenges just be accepted as a person in your own right.

There's not much that you can do , except to learn that it's not *your* fault. For what it's worth, you're not alone in that, and you haven't been alone in that since at least 1776. There's a document that folks might be familiar with, it's called 'The Declaration of Independence', at least one of the signatures on it is from someone who also had cerebral palsy (to save anyone the trouble of a google search, it's 'Stephen Hopkins').

A more contemporary 'freak' is Stephen Hawking, Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University ( a post held by Sir Isaac Newton in 1669). Professor Hawking has twelve honorary degrees (as well as a fully earned Ph.D in cosmology from Cambridge), was awarded the CBE in 1982, and was made a Companion of Honour in 1989. He has cerebral palsy, is confined to a wheelchair and has to use a computer-operated voice box to communicate.

(See http://www.hawking.org.uk/home/hindex.html )

-------------

The internet is a wonderful thing, it allows us access to more information in an hour than was stored in all the libraries of the world a hundred years ago.

It also gives us each the ability to communicate with millions of people who share an interest (or even a passion) on any subject possible (and quite a few 'impossible' subjects).

However, it also opens our doors to those who are prejudiced, or would cause us harm.

There are a lot of good folks here, and most of them would be more than happy to talk to/with you about the one thing al of us here share in common. Cross-dressing. Few of us know anything about palsy tho, and about the challenges that presents.

The internet allows us to communicate, but it doesn't change who or what we are. Whether you have more challenges to face, or less, really doesn't matter here. All that is important is that we communicate honestly.

Which means you too, have to be honest. Plenty of folks here will talk about clothing, makeup etc. We're all here because we enjoy/appreciate transgenderism in one form or another, but those of us that have been around a while are also a little reluctant to just 'open up fully' to everyone when they first arrive.

So, there's another 'challenge' for you. Take the time to get to know this place, take the time to get to know the people here, and show it. Like anything else, this here is a 'community', and like any community, there's a certain degree of 'paranoia' evident.

Like the old wild west, the internet is rampant with people who love to do nothing more than 'rattle cages'. If you want to get to know people here and gain something from our little community, you must also contribute something.

Which means doing some reading, doing some posting, and taking the time to recognize each and everyone here as an individual, an individual with their very own hangups, fetishes, fantasies, challenges, stories, experiences, viewpoints and desires.

And just because you have your own personal challenge, doesn't mean you get treated any differently than anyone else here. Having cerebral palsy is *not* a handicap here, it doesn't prevent you from communicating in the written word.

(and before anyone accuses me of being 'harsh' and 'uncaring', please take the time to read my post carefully.)

----------

oh, and welcome! I like feminine clothing and frilly dresses too!

:)

Jen_TGCD
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
(and before anyone accuses me of being 'harsh' and 'uncaring', please take the time to read my post carefully.)I saw... I read... and I'm applauding!!! Great post, Marianne!

Matthew...
This is one of the best places to be for support, information and getting some of your questions answered. You have to be brave and put yourself out there for us to give you some help.

Just know that most of us have felt weird about wearing women's clothing. Some of us still feel weird about it. :rolleyes: Some of us look pretty weird, too~:eek: But the thing we all have in common is that we love it.

Caring Is Sharing ! ! !

Glad you joined us, Matthew!

babe4life
10-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi Matthew, I concur with what everyone has written. You are really welcome here and we would love to hear more from you.

For everyone else, I can be freaky ... does that count? ;)

I hated being different in school (always the runt of the class right up to University). So I was always picked on and given a rough time. But I learned how to deal with that and I think it has stood me in really good stead now. Having said that, you know what? I like being different from the person next to me! So what if I know I am a woman that needs a bit of body reengineering? :D

Lots of love and a very big welcome if you missed it before!
Vicky

matthew g
10-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Having cp isn't thhe real bumma u might think. I have a p.a at college, special equipment so its not that big a deal. However, it really effects my self-confidence with dressing. I rwally want to go out dressed as 'becky', but for that I'd need sommeone to do my make-up, hair, and shave my legs. at the mo, I only dress in my room, but I think i look cute.

Bought a really cute black leotard last weekk.

Jen_TGCD
10-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Having cp isn't thhe real bumma u might think. I have a p.a at college, special equipment so its not that big a deal. However, it really effects my self-confidence with dressing. I rwally want to go out dressed as 'becky', but for that I'd need sommeone to do my make-up, hair, and shave my legs. at the mo, I only dress in my room, but I think i look cute.

Bought a really cute black leotard last weekk.Becky... Try to find a TG Support Group in your city or someplace nearby. They will be very supportive and have suggestions about where you can get a makeover and most offer to accompany you out-on-the-town. Or, someone in the group may be able to get you started. Also, see if the college has a TG Group or contact the Gay and Lesbian Center. All will be discreet and helpful. Another thought... place a Personal Ad in one of your local papers. Explain your situation and see if you get any response. The online personals are less effective in that it's difficult to get someone close to where you are.

Good luck and have fun...

eleventhdr
10-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Who told you this The only true real freaks out there are the very ones who will not accept anything that does not fit into there very narrow band of looking at stuff of which have always been around almost forever pity is it not if not for them we woulkd be much futher along with a very lot of stuff but we are still managing to get it done anyway. Nuff said Suzy Ann!.

Ava Mouse
10-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Marianne,

What a wonderful post! It's people like you that make this board a wonderful place! :) :) :)

Matthew,

Welcome! Read up on past posts and ask questions. We'll be glad to help in any way we can!

-Ava

Abraxas
10-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Welcome, Matthew!
Everything said here is true. Just be yourself, be confident, and have fun!
I'm sure you do look cute all dressed up. :)
We'll do anything we can to help you!

KewTnCurvy GG
10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
You're a wonderful person to have here Marianne! I added to your reputation points grrly!!

And as for Matthew G, you're not a freak :)
And I'm glad your with us here:)

hugs
kew

Wenda
10-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I know why I have become addicted to this forum. Wow, Marianne, you said it all girl, very eloquent. Becky (Matthew) our best friends had a daughter with cp, so I have a bit of understanding of the challenges you face. Cross dressing is the shallow end of the transgender pool, and on this site, you will meet girls that cover the spectrum. I have found that, if you choose your words carefully, and think about who you are going to speak to, you can express almost any point of view without being shunned. I imagine that, in your situation, you enjoy less independance than do I, for example. If I want to buy a bra or a slip, I just need to decide which store, drive there, and have sufficient moral stamina to search through the displays, select the best one, (then, god forbid, try it on) and pay or it. I am not sure how much independence you have at these various steps.
Keep in mind, being different is not wrong, it is different. Sometimes societies have been rescued by the persons who were different. As long as your difference doesn't infringe on any one else's world, then it is legally and morally acceptable. It has taken me some time to be comortable taking my clothing to the cashier without some lame excuse. Just ease into it. It is like everything else. You get better with practice. welcome, wenda.

matthew g
10-11-2004, 02:39 AM
I get confused and lonely sometimes, and feel guilty about thinking about dressing up when I should be doing college work. It just feels so good: the look of my legs in ttights, or the little slleeves of my leotard. y'know. glad 2c i'm not alone.

samanthajay
10-11-2004, 02:56 AM
do collage work(at least the homework part of it) en femme. there is nothing wrong with that. im sure a lot of girls here did it when they were alone. this is a great place to come and chat with other "girls" :D

Jiera
10-11-2004, 07:54 AM
im sure a lot of girls here did it when they were alone.

This is how I got through college AND Graduate school!

Did anyone else have "exam panties"?

Welcome, Becky. As a newbie myself I'm not that experienced but am glad to help any way I can.

Ji

Julie
10-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Welcome Matthew, the girls have said it all and none more so than Marianne so if you've got questions, ask away and we'll do our best.

Love Julietta (Julie)

Lawren
10-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Matt honey, You are a NOT "freak"! Please do not ever think of yourself in demeaning terms like that. As for dressing and/or doing your college work, please consider this. If you are comfy and relaxed while dressed then do your college work while dressed. At least until you see what it does to your scores. If they improve, continue that way. If your dressing distracts you from you school work please refrain from dressing until your work is done. Your education is, by far, the more important issue here.

xoxo, Lawren

matthew g
10-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Matt honey, You are a NOT "freak"! Please do not ever think of yourself in demeaning terms like that. As for dressing and/or doing your college work, please consider this. If you are comfy and relaxed while dressed then do your college work while dressed. At least until you see what it does to your scores. If they improve, continue that way. If your dressing distracts you from you school work please refrain from dressing until your work is done. Your education is, by far, the more important issue here.

xoxo, Lawren

I'm afraid itsthe latter, and so i've left my becky clothes back homev. I intend to dress up 4 the halloween party tho.

Sara Kat
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Well if you are a freak...then we got a forum full of 'em! Full of sexy girly freaks. :D :p

Lily_gg
10-12-2004, 04:29 AM
*waves*
Can I be a freak too, even though I'm a gg, can I, pleeeeease? :D

And seriously, Matthew/Becky - you've come to just the right place for love and support (as long as you don't get so hooked that your scores suffer - I'll second the 'education comes first' message from earlier!) - and in answer to the question are you a freak? I say NO!!!

You're unique, just like everyone else :p

crispy
10-12-2004, 05:23 AM
I'm definitely a FREAK and loving every minute of it. :rolleyes:

Matthew: welcome to the freaks club!

Who wants to conform anyway?

Take care and relax, we're just a friendly bunch of girlyboys. Join in the fun.

The wonderful thing about this place is you never have to worry about people judging you. As long as you're not unfriendly or abusive, everybody fits in. :)

samanthajay
10-13-2004, 03:15 AM
im a freak not because im a cd but because i like to dress all dark and goth and what not. :D

babe4life
10-13-2004, 09:30 AM
You're all a bunch of FREAKS!

But then, I suppose, it takes one to know one?

:D

Love,
Freaky Vicky

Julie
10-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Add another freak to the list. There now I feel better. :)

Julietta (Julie)

samanthajay
10-14-2004, 02:19 AM
You're all a bunch of FREAKS!

But then, I suppose, it takes one to know one?

:D

Love,
Freaky Vicky
i can be your freak vicky. you said your going to put me on a leash and walk me around. :D

babe4life
10-14-2004, 02:34 AM
Sam, you can be my freak ANYTIME :D

samanthajay
10-14-2004, 02:44 AM
awww thanks*blushes* :o

Tristen Cox
10-14-2004, 08:02 PM
maybe we should get pins that say "Freak Pride" ! ;)

Just another Freak in the freakdom. Sign me up for my pin!

samanthajay
10-15-2004, 05:59 AM
i want one tooo :D

crispy
10-15-2004, 06:43 AM
you all freak me out.
I was quite normal until I came here.

babe4life
10-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Awww Crispy. That's OK. We like you anyway! :D

genevieve_ohara
10-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Obviously, freak-ism is in the eye of the beholder.

Society as a whole will call us all freaks. Pervs. Fetishists. Gay. Homos. That's the prevailing view.

Someday that may change. But for now, that's the way it is.

But that's why we have this place. Like a stockade in the pioneer days, it's a safe haven where we can be ourselves. Because among our group, we are not freaks. We are wonderful. Beautiful. Exciting. Sexy. Smart.

So.

If you're looking for a safe place to explore your feminine side. Here it is. Also, there are TG groups in many communities where you can relax and be 'her.'

But if you want to wander out in the world, be ready. Because yes, you will be considered a freak.

G

Tristen Cox
10-15-2004, 05:12 PM
you all freak me out.
I was quite normal until I came here.

Now why don't I believe you? :D !!

Rachel Ann
10-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh, for the old days when "freak", "degenerate", "weirdo", "pervert" and "insane" were taken as compliments.

crispy
10-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Now why don't I believe you? :D !!
CYNIC !!!

crispy
10-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh, for the old days when "freak", "degenerate", "weirdo", "pervert" and "insane" were taken as compliments.
should I remember those days?
was that the Victorian era or when?
sounds like great fun.

lonelycrossdresser
10-16-2004, 01:36 AM
We are not freaks, we are a normal part of society. If you like crossdressing, do it. I may not be proud of what I do, but I sure do enjoy it and I'm hetero beleive it or not. My ex got me into it and I love it. Try wedding dresses.
I can't explain it but they rock!!

crispy
10-16-2004, 03:28 AM
We are not freaks, we are a normal part of society. If you like crossdressing, do it. I may not be proud of what I do, but I sure do enjoy it and I'm hetero beleive it or not. My ex got me into it and I love it. Try wedding dresses.
I can't explain it but they rock!!
hey, throw off the chains, admit you're a freak and join us! :)

Julie
10-16-2004, 10:07 AM
We can adopt Le Freak by Chic as our signature tune. :)

Julietta (Julie)

Tristen Cox
10-16-2004, 12:13 PM
CYNIC !!!

LoL! I love ya anyways...Crispy

samanthajay
10-17-2004, 05:55 AM
for freaks by freaks. :D

crispy
10-17-2004, 06:19 AM
'JUST ANOTHER FREAK' :)

babe4life
10-17-2004, 06:44 AM
I came across the following definition for the word freak:
[n] someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a control freak"
[n] a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed
[v] lose one's nerve; "When he saw the accident, he freaked out"

Someone else puts it:
Aka: Prodigies, Abnormalities, Abnormals, Human oddities, Deviants

xxxxxxxx

I like the prodigies idea :). But yes, I suppose I do kind of have a bit of an addiction to this site ... ;) You bunch of FREAKS! And I am proud to be among my own :)

Love,
Vicky

crispy
10-17-2004, 06:52 AM
I came across the following definition for the word freak:
[n] someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a control freak"
[n] a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed
[v] lose one's nerve; "When he saw the accident, he freaked out"

Someone else puts it:
Aka: Prodigies, Abnormalities, Abnormals, Human oddities, Deviants

Vicky

addiction ................. YES
markedly unusual........YES
deformed ................. That's subjective. Who am I to judge?
prodigy .................... OH YES!!
abnormal .................. YES
human oddity ............ YES
deviant .................... YES

hang on, what is a prodigy? is that like a felony? now you've got me all confused again. I really am a STUPID GIRRL!! :confused: :(

babe4life
10-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Ow, ow, ow! My leg is starting to hurt Crispy. Stop pulling so hard! :D

A prodigy is a "marvellous thing, person endowed with surprising qualities or abilities."

That's me! Surprising :D

Love,
Vicky

crispy
10-17-2004, 07:06 AM
A prodigy is a "marvellous thing, person endowed with surprising qualities or abilities."

marvellous thing ...... no, last time I checked I didn't think it was particularly impressive. :(
endowed with .......... 'nuff said, please refer to my transsesxual thread. :(

looks like we differ on these. can I stick with being a felony please? :rolleyes:

babe4life
10-17-2004, 07:12 AM
marvellous thing ...... no, last time I checked I didn't think it was particularly impressive. :(
endowed with .......... 'nuff said, please refer to my transsesxual thread. :(

looks like we differ on these. can I stick with being a felony please? :rolleyes:

LOL. ;)

Crispy! You are definitely on a roll!

Love,
Vicky

samanthajay
10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
im abnormal. im a addictied to this forum, i look wierd(but not deformed). im a freak. no dobt about it. :D

babe4life
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
That's OK Samantha ... You are among your own :D