PDA

View Full Version : A Wpnderful Friday (Part One "I Want What I Want")

carolynmartin
04-22-2015, 05:40 PM
I deserved a treat for finishing and filing my taxes on time, so I was off to Amazon to find
my reward. I found a 60 inch faux pearl necklace and clicked it into my cart. Did I mention doing taxes
for family members too? Another reward was in order.

I have been looking for the first movie that described how I felt deep inside when I saw it at age 14.
I skipped school and went downtown to see it back in 1972. It was called "I Want What I Want", the story
of Wendy, a male to female transexual who leaves home after being physically abused by her father when
she's caught wearing her deceased mother's clothes. She moves to a boarding house and starts her transition.
Although the character of Roy/Wendy is played by woman born female actress Anne Heywood (PC?), I found her
to be convincing. I rented it from Blockbuster back when there was a Blockbuster and thought it held up pretty well.

Amazon had it in stock! I ordered it. Soon it would be mine.

Persephone
04-22-2015, 06:07 PM
I remember that movie! Think it was also the first TG movie that my spouse and I ever saw. And I believe it has some parts thaat are difficult to view.

So glad you reminded me of it. After you placed your order I placed mine and may have scored the last copy that Amazon had in stock! But they promise more in a few days.

Hugs,
Persephone.