PDA

View Full Version : Madison clubs, Inferno and the 5 Club, are closing.

Jamsey
04-26-2015, 12:27 AM
I'm bummed out. My favorite two clubs, the only two clubs that I go to dressed, have both announced in the last 2 weeks that they are closing. They are in Madison Wisconsin, the 5 Club and the Inferno.

The Inferno I really enjoyed because on the first Saturday of the month they had Leather and Lace night. I have gone 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 or 5 years and I always had a good time, danced like crazy, and met some really interesting people, dressed to the max. I'm in my 60s, I dressed fairly conservatively, I couldn't get myself to dress as scantily or sexy as some of the people there. I wore my lace dresses or sometimes leather skirts with lace tops.

5 Club, was Club 5 at first, was the first club I ever went to dressed. It was within 10 miles of my house, a quick drive. They had a big dance floor, music I liked to dance to. They had drag shows frequently and other special events. I had fun there too. I met some good people there too.

Both places were LGBT friendly, the 5 Club was a gay club but they welcomed anyone. The Inferno really didn't care who came or how you were dressed.

Now they both are going to be gone and I'm at a lost as to where I will go and feel as safe and welcome as I did in those two clubs.
There is Plan B in Madison but I think that is for the younger crowd though I know some older people go there.

There is an emptiness in my life now.

Oh well, I will get over it. Maybe I will have to go to Milwaukee or Minneapolis, maybe Chicago. Some place where I can stay over night.
Bummer

Erica Marie
04-26-2015, 07:27 AM
I am not the clubbing type at all. But my first time out dressed was with a cd friend to Club5. It was a nice place. Very welcoming and if you like to dance you would fit right in. If you want to travel I believe there are a few places in Green Bay that are cd friendly.

Jamsey
04-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Good news. Just read it. There was a fund raiser last night at 5 Club and there has been a fund raiser on-line for the last 2 weeks or so. The goal that the owner needed to keep the club open was met. So, right now, the club won't close. YAY!

Jilmac
04-26-2015, 09:27 PM
There is a club in Milwaukee called Hot Water and on the first Saturday of the month (from October thru May) there is a lesbian group who sponsor a Ladies Night Out. Great company, great music and dancing, and very tg friendly. If you're able to get to Milwaukee on May second, check it out, it's on Water Street and East National Ave.

Jamsey
05-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Thanks Jill, I would like to go there next fall since I missed the May event. I've had some health issues that have stopped me from dressing. Tonight was the first time in over a month that I have dressed, at home. I like Milwaukee though I haven't visited it dressed. Always a first time.