PDA

View Full Version : So few to share with

CarlaWestin
04-26-2015, 11:47 AM
A thought occurred to me. Imagine that. Compared to other pastimes, this cd thing just can't be universally shared. There's just such a narrow community of folks that get it or, pretend to get it that, it's still an exclusive, like thinking society. You can state the truth, "I like to dress up as a woman because I like the feel of women's clothing and the situation of presenting as a female." And the counter is always just traditional acceptance regurgitation, "But, you're a man and the good book says ........" Today, I'm having a wonderful time with some new breast forms I intercepted in the mail yesterday before wifey got there. Kind of a situational win-win. Fabulous purchase received under the radar. I'll share this experience with my one online friend, that is into both cd and bd, and those of you that read this post.

But don't you think that it's just tragic, that this tangent lifestyle is not only viewed as unacceptable but, sometimes, a perverted abomination?

As a footnote, I think Bruce Jenner's recent reveal, although obviously whittled and shaped to feed the voyeuristic profit machine of everything Kardashian, incrementally furthers our acceptance.

VickiTheGamer
04-26-2015, 11:59 AM
People will always have issues with someone somewhere. The crappier the person, the more issues they will have.
I think that the more of us that let the world know we are here, the better it becomes because it's then a fact of life, and not something that can be stomped out or stopped. What was it that was said. Some sort of exceptionally small number of people even KNOW a TG person. Well, perhaps we need to change that?
As for Bruce, I say "thank you". I really don't care if it is a publicity stunt. I believe Bruce is doing this for Bruce and not the show, but who cares. It's GOING to make a positive difference for the TG people everywhere.
The TG community knows there is a better future for us, but it's things like this that helps give us hope that we might see that better future before we die of old age.

Vanessa_V_Ed
04-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Carla.
I had received a couple of forms similar to yours last week. I also love them
Isn't there a delivery service where you can get your parcel in their warehouse?
("because you will not be at home and you prefer it to be under someone's control")

Stephanie A
04-26-2015, 01:09 PM
Wow that is so wonderful and looks so hot. I have thought of ordering something too, but been so chicken. You are brave.

AbigailJordan
04-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Funny that you mention Bruce Jenner.. I recall way back when Alex Reid was "outed" on CBB.. a cage fighter and good looking male actor who admitted to a female alter ego named Roxanne, and nobody batted an eyelid about it because of all the drama that surrounded the reveal. It's all relative, and only really news if it's intended to become news.

Allisa
04-26-2015, 03:09 PM
(T)ry opening a PO box office for your purchases or request a delivery time from the shipping company, many will accommodate your request if possible. As far as Bruce Jenner is concerned if after he transitions he stays in the lime light as a positive not as a media darling and fades away then yes he can help with furthering acceptance but I doubt if that will happen. Enjoy your new forms I think I could use some new "girls" myself I'm a 38C maybe a 40D?

Lorileah
04-26-2015, 04:24 PM
OK I cleaned it up, let's keep it that way....you don't disparage any group no matter what your beliefs OK?

Allisa
04-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I'll remember that.

Teresa
04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Carla,
As I've said before my CDing is sexual with a need to share with a woman ! Yes it can and has happened for me in the past, but sadly my wife is not interested !
If I'd married a different partner things may have been totally different so the feeling of seclusion wouldn't have existed !

I guess most of us have a narrow audience because of the restrictions we impose on ourselves ! If we didn't give a **** and totally did our own thing many of us wouldn't have a wife or family !

I can see you're having fun with your new forms, I hope you're wearing slipon shoes and not lace ups otherwise you'll never tie them up ! OK it's going to be fun trying !!

JenniferR771
04-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Wow! Carla, those girls are big--perhaps a bit more noticeable, especially in a low-cut dress. You are going to be having fun. Are you studying and practicing how to go up and down stairs? Is there any problem with "bobble"? What if the left one bounces east and the right one bounces south? Synchronicity issues?

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-28-2015, 10:49 PM
I can empathize with Carla that because our choice of lifestyle is not generally accepted in society it leads to a fair amount of isolation, at least for this particular facet. For most of human history it has served our species to have clearly defined gender roles that are reinforced by physical appearance. I think it mostly had to do witht the physical demands on men to be the protectors and resource providers, but now that culture and technology has leveled the playing field between men and women there is less need to make the distinctions. But then I wonder, if we get to the point where it is acceptable for both men and women to present themselves however they want, will cross dressing still have appeal? Isn't part of the point of dressing to experience the other side of gender? If it becomes common place and no one cares about gender distiction what would it mean to the dresser? Sorry, I seem to be in a philosophical frame of mind right now. Try not to take me too seriously. I'm not questioning the validity of our motives, just throwing some thoughts around.

Bridget

ChristinaK
04-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Nice forms!

Remember that gentlemen for several hundred years wore silk pantaloons, shirts with ruffles and lace cuffs, powdered wigs and makeup?

When I was young we wore polyester flowered shirts, bell bottoms and moccasins. Long hair, sometimes permed and the more curled and girly the better. Men also wore mock turtleneck sweaters indistinguishable from women's.

somewhere along the years, it has become fashionable to dress ultra manly, no hair except on the face. Too bad, for it makes things even more difficult for us.

paulaprimo
04-29-2015, 01:22 AM
H E L L O girls... :)

sometimes_miss
04-29-2015, 02:12 AM
if we get to the point where it is acceptable for both men and women to present themselves however they want, will cross dressing still have appeal? Isn't part of the point of dressing to experience the other side of gender? If it becomes common place and no one cares about gender distiction what would it mean to the dresser?
Crossdressing is different things to different people. Despite knowing that I'm male, due to things in my past, I will always feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, and am supposed to be dressed as a girl. The clothes (wig, accessories,nail polish,shoes, perfume etc) simply give tactile, visual, auditory, olfactory feedback telling me that I'm really a girl. It makes me feel better, normal. Yes, I get to feel that I'm pretty. Not all of us get a thrill or sexual charge out of dressing. Some just feel normal while dressed as female. I don't think it will ever become commonplace, as you say; there will always be feminine styles and male styles, designed to help us attract mates. I can't see that ever changing.

Kristy 56
04-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Carla, I feel your pain. Before I moved I had some spots that I'd go dressed. Now it's basically all dressed with no where to go. However, I fall back on some great memories and some great GGs that were very supportive of it. Hopefully you'll find what makes you happy.

Dana44
04-29-2015, 09:13 PM
If you look at the latest fashions, the men look very feminine. The suits, shoes and stuff just make them look that way. Wall street had sent me one of their latest fashion books. Yet looking in more magazines, you see it. Seems that they are taking men and women in the same direction. Jumpsuits are back. Anybody remember the Chinese jumpsuits under Mao. Male/female with hats that showed a red star. They all looked the same. Perhaps that is where we are heading, no distinguishable difference in looks between male/female.

kimdl93
04-29-2015, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't use the word "tragic" to describe any aspect of my life, certainly not in the present. Some of what happens in life truly merits that tag. But, as for not being able to share this "lifestyle" or activity or however one might want to characterize it, well, that's up to the individual. We choose (for the most part)...and perhaps for good reasons...to limit the number of people who are aware of this part of ourselves. There is no reason to regret nor lament a choice. You live with choices - whether or not its the road less traveled - and that makes all the difference.

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-30-2015, 07:16 PM
I don't think it will ever become commonplace, as you say; there will always be feminine styles and male styles, designed to help us attract mates. I can't see that ever changing.

Perhaps you're right about this. The use of fashion and style for attraction is probably the leading reason for differences in the ways men and women dress. Again, I wasn't trying to paint any broad generalizations, just thinking deep (perhaps too deep).

Bridget

sometimes_miss
05-02-2015, 07:15 AM
As I listen to the discussions at work regarding Bruce Jenner's interview, I realize just how bad it is. They think he's weird, he's strange, he's crazy. They wonder what happened to this wonderful athletic hero that they put up on a pedestal 40 years ago, how could he turn out to be a sissy; they wonder how he fooled so many people for so long, and think maybe he spent too much time with the Kardashian girls that maybe all that estrogen rubbed off on him. I'm almost completely closeted; only my sister, mom, and a couple of others know. So I get to be the proverbial fly on the wall whenever the discussions of homosexuality (male and female), crossdressing, transsexuality come up. And despite the fact that we're well into the 21st century, the sight is not pretty. The general population, yes, is getting more accepting that we exist, but they still don't want us around, and as we find out in the news, there are still a sizable number who want us dead. We are where the black folk were in America (I'm not sure about everwhere else, but I think it's probably even worse) just a short time ago, we're still getting physically attacked and killed just because of what we are. To the straight world, we're all gay. To the gay and transsexuals, we're just in denial. To nearly all women, we're no longer considered potential mates at all.
We're not loved. We're not liked. We're just barely tolerated.
And now I'm at a crossroads; there's a guy at work who is now known to be a crossdresser. He has no friends. He proclaims he's straight, no one believes him. Everyone says he won't be honest with himself until he comes out and admit's he's gay. he's never had a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend as far as anyone knows. He doesn't show interest in either sex, and no one shows interest in him. Whether this is because of crossdressing or because he's a real prick I don't know (and I don't know if his being such a prick is because of being so depressed or maybe he's always been this way). Do I try to befriend this very unlikeable guy just because he's another crossdresser? And risk outing myself in the process and also winding up in the leper category?

Shaedow
05-02-2015, 08:06 AM
I don't know how to copy & paste properly, but this is the comment I would like to address:

Do I try to befriend this very unlikeable guy just because he's another crossdresser? And risk outing myself in the process and also winding up in the leper category?

I understand your concern, I do, I really do. HOWEVER, don't y'all want to have friends who understand you? Doesn't everyone want friends?
Do you really believe that a simple "hello, how are you" would result in you "ending up in the leper category"? Be friendly, but not friends. Let it go from there.

Shaedow
GG

Alice Torn
05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Sometimes Miss. I have to agree with your post. As for the guy at work, i would just treat him nicely... Easy does it. Maybe later down the road, you can tell him you have a live and let live attitude, and no problem with Cds. And, maybe later, if you fell he can keep it to himself, tell him you at times have CD'd. But, only if he agrees not to tell others at work. Judgment call on your part. But, I also fear closeness with people, CD, or not, and have been burned so much, by other loners.

Married CD
05-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Carla,
As I've said before my CDing is sexual with a need to share with a woman ! Yes it can and has happened for me in the past, but sadly my wife is not interested !
If I'd married a different partner things may have been totally different so the feeling of seclusion wouldn't have existed !

I guess most of us have a narrow audience because of the restrictions we impose on ourselves ! If we didn't give a **** and totally did our own thing many of us wouldn't have a wife or family !

I can see you're having fun with your new forms, I hope you're wearing slipon shoes and not lace ups otherwise you'll never tie them up ! OK it's going to be fun trying !!

Teresa,
I'm with you, but at least our wives accept and love us enough to stay with us. They allow us to indulge, which is better than living a lie.

Teresa
05-03-2015, 05:12 AM
Sometimes-miss,
Hard to comment on how to interact with the guy as we don't know your work situation !
How do you know he's CDer ? I think I'd try and ignore the way he comes over, he's obviously struggling inside and maybe explains his social situation !
Look at this way if he goes and does something to self harm or worse, how would you feel ? Maybe suggest the forum as a starting point and see if it has an effect on him !
How bad would your coming out be at work ? Would it be so bad ?