PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounter

Ronah
04-26-2015, 12:59 PM
It is not often that I post as I am deep in the closet and have little news to report.

At present my SO is away for 12 days which has given me ample opportunity to dress. Today I was all dolled up and had an urge to go out into the public and so, in a green dress and jacket, forms and wig, light make up, I set out for a Shopping Centre some 45 miles away where I should not be known. No problem in getting into the car en femme as nobody seemed to be about. As I was entering the Mall I spotted a neighbour who lives across the road from me coming out. She looked at me and hesitated slightly then walked on. I know her reasonably well and being an artist she has a good eye for detail and form. The look that passed over her face was momentary and interesting. Our eyes met and there was a slight hesitation with a fleeting impression that "I know this person" then she turned away and continued walking and talking to her companion.

It would be interesting to know if she made the connection so far away from home and if so, will she mention it next time we meet. Most probably she will not connect and if she thinks about it again will wonder why that old female seemed so familiar. In my many ventures out into the world it is the first time that I have crossed paths with an acquaintance and found it most intriguing.

Amy Lynn3
04-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Ronah, I feel sure she thought that woman I see looks like she could be the sister of my neighbor.

Suzie Petersen
04-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Oh uh!! Your neighbor was at a shopping center 45 miles away from home! That is very suspicious! She is clearly hiding something ... ;)

Victoria Demeanor
04-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Rohan, We do look different en femme and if was from any distance it is a good possibility that she just thought you looked familiar and couldn't place you. When you see her again I would just play it off and if she saids anything act like you don't know what she is talking about.
I do hope all goes well with you.

Tracii G
04-26-2015, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

Allisa
04-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I have come across many people I think I know but turn out to be no-one I know. Just one of those things. I'm often taken for someone else but never met this other "twin" with whom I'm supposed to look like. But my male and female self look very much alike so I doubt if I was recognized I could deny it and I stay close to home when out a lot. Let us know if anything develops.

Tracii G
04-26-2015, 03:20 PM
I have seen a few neighbors and other people I know and they have never said anything to me.
I guess we do look so different in girl mode it would be hard to make the connection for most people.

RADER
04-26-2015, 05:38 PM
We all have look-a-likes in this world, You neighbor just saw yours.
Rader

Stephanie47
04-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Just hope you did not park your car next to hers in the parking lot!

Megan b
04-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey Ronah, Friday I decided to have a fem day, as I was walking into Wal-Mart, I walked right past a lady I attend church with. She didn't have any idea. I've even had one guy from church hold the door for me at Goodwill one day but never heard a word about it. A little unnerving at first but I just figured I must do a pretty good job of passing or at least blending and I bet you are too. Does make the heart skip a beat though.

Rachel Morley
04-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Oh uh!! Your neighbor was at a shopping center 45 miles away from home! That is very suspicious! She is clearly hiding something ... ;)

LOL ... yes, I may live in the US but I'm British and no one goes shopping 45 miles away from their home. She must have been visitng friends or relatives. If it were me, the next time we met I wouldn't say a word. Let her ask that "awkward question" first. Then it will be up to you to either deny it or not!

Krisi
04-27-2015, 08:29 AM
People go shopping 45 miles away from their home if that's the closest mall or larger city. There are many places in the USA where that would be the case.

Ronah, It's a bit late but next time, wear sunglasses, feminine if possible. These will disguise your face and allow you to avoid eye contact.

When I was working, I once had to drive to the other side of a large city (about 50 miles) to pick up a special part. I stopped in a convenience store for a soda and as I pulled the door open, a co-worker was walking out. He had taken off that day but asked me not to tell anyone that I saw him there. You can never be sure.

Beverley Sims
05-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I have also had some interesting hesitations in my time.

One notable one was when I was recognised by a couple of girlfriends.

They greeted me as a long lost friend, asked why I was in this getup and we all went to lunch. :)

Kristy 56
05-04-2015, 03:21 PM
She's probably still scratching her head trying to figure out why the good looking woman looked familiar. I'm sure she doesn't have a clue. :)

Adriana Moretti
05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
congrats on getting out.....like others said i wouldnt worry about it....we do look alot different dressed up, we may not think so...but we do...we are our own worst critics anyway