PDA

View Full Version : Being the Bride

cdtraveler
04-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Was out with my daughter Saturday night for dinner and with it being prom season was treated to one prom dress sighting after another it being that season and it's got my head spinning on the subject of gown and how amazing it feeling to be in them. Just for fun would be interested in hearing any stories you may have of wearing a sisters prom dress, maybe a wedding qown? Pics welcome as well.

For me I would wear my sisters, her girl friend's, even my Mom's wedding dress but kind of regretted it because of the boundry breaking involved. Still the fantasy of having my own wedding gown fitting session and photo shoot is a strong one! And soon prom bowls will be on sale too....

How. About you? Is this something you find you like?

Amanda

Lily Catherine
04-27-2015, 08:59 AM
I wore a ball gown before and would gladly wear one again. Walking in it was trouble enough (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?225400-Walking-in-ball-gowns). But to wear a ball gown makes me feel very pretty inside out, especially when I sit and spread the skirts out. A sight to behold when done well.

Then again, I'm a short haired girl who can hardly see without her glasses. All those gowns I see look very pretty, but either of those seem to get in the way...

Isabella Ross
04-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Absolutely. I have a fairly elaborate strapless ballgown that is remarkable to wear...but it's only strengthened my resolve to get a gorgeous wedding dress some day. To get it through a proper fitting and have a photo shoot would be a amazing. Dreaming of the possiblities...

carhill2mn
04-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Probably the favorite thing that I did as a young boy was to wear my mother's wedding dress. It was satin and felt SOO good!

Jennifer-GWN
04-27-2015, 01:40 PM
I have a black tie awards event coming up in 2 weeks. Ooooooh it would be so so nice to be in a position to go this way. Have never worn any formal attire beyond business ware .

Cheers... Jennifer

Rachelakld
04-27-2015, 02:03 PM
My wedding dress photo is at the top of my blog page.
It was a fun photo shoot, in public, at one of our most populated lookouts

Katey888
04-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Y'know, I'd be in there with everyone who likes 'em as far as ball gowns and fancy evening dresses go - I guess prom dresses to a degree... but here's the weird thing for me...

Bridal stuff? That's for brides - as in: GG brides. Maybe it's the subliminal stuff of gender stereotyping that makes me feel this (although it doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else... :doh:) but I'd just feel wrong about it. Maybe it's the association with the whole 'sanctity of marriage' thing, or something more subtle... I certainly couldn't claim virginal white (and neither could most of you, I fear... ;)) and a lot of the tradition associated with the wedding dress is around this aspect - perhaps a boundary too far?

Actually it's also a conflict with the idea that a wedding dress is a single purpose thing: GGs only wear one to actually get married (well, mostly...) so it's perhaps just a little too far into 'real' GG territory for me. Everything else is just an article of clothing - female or male - but there's too much meaning in this expression for me... can't really think why that should be such a barrier, but it is.

So nope - not for me I'm afraid... :)

Katey x

Cheryl T
04-27-2015, 03:23 PM
I've never had the opportunity to wear a gown (prom or bridal) but it is certainly a fantasy of mine.
I would LOVE to wear a bridal gown and renew our vows (both in gowns of course), but I don't see that ever happening so I'll just keep it where it's been all these years.

Of course if someone were to ask me to be a bridesmaid I would jump at the chance... hint, hint, hint... :)

Gwinnie
04-27-2015, 03:29 PM
I'd love to wear one of those gypsy wedding dresses. Insanely huge heavy skirt. I'd want puffy sleeves though. Have to have puffy sleeves. I've worn a few ball gowns, but none that were that full. I would put one on in a heartbeat. Too bad most of the plus size dresses are just solid fabric and pretty straight up and down or A-line.

Gwendolyn

Christie ann
04-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Two years ago I made an appointment at a jot to local David's Bridal for a fitting. They knew all about me ahead of time do I wasn't wasting anyone's time nor was I making someone do something would rather not do. They took me on the whole tour. We talked colors and styles and shapes and never once was I referred to as "he". Then we tried on about 6 different wedding gowns. I actually felt pretty. Just like in the TV shows, they finished it off with tiara, veil and heels. They were all so nice and accepting. I stood in front of the big mirrors, I walked all over the store, I talked with other future brides. We were all girls. It was fabulous. I won't get any closer.

Now I know Sheri will give me a hard time about the lack of photographic evidence. But I don't need a stray photo card with those kind of pictures floating about. So, sorry pictures.

Paulette
04-27-2015, 03:51 PM
I have worn a large Victorian gown to a Dickens festival and really enjoyed the experience. Since this was a period costume I made sure that EVERYTHING was just right down to the dainty handbag. Getting ready for the day was as much fun as the event it self, shopping for all of the correct underpinnings. Getting dressed takes awhile as you need to put on several layers of clothes before the final outerwear. Cotton camisole and cotton bloomers go on first followed by the ever lovely corset which is when you know what a pain getting dressed can be.Oops I forgot to mention that you need your shoes on before the corset as you will never reach them once laced up. The hoop skirt followed by the dress and you are now taking up some serious real estate where ever you go. I need the little girls room at the event held in a modern building and the stall were never designed for a hoop skirt, let alone someone who needs more than the allotted automatic time the flusher has decreed is reasonable. Got everything taken care of and received a vote of confidence form the other ladies in the restroom at the time for being able to do everything by myself.

As for the wedding dress I also purchased on and even had it altered to fit just right. Now all I need is groom and i am ready .

renee elizabeth
04-27-2015, 04:00 PM
i've had two bridal makeovers at true colors makeup artistry, wearing a wedding gown had been a fantasy of mine for a long time, glad i finally was able to have it fulfilled, would love to dress in a ball gown or other formal gowns

RedFourteen
04-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Years ago I spent some time staying at a young family members house while his parents were on vacation. I had the run of the house and needless to say it didn't take long to find my older cousins prom dresses hanging in the closet. I spent a fair amount of time trying them on during that stay but always felt guilty about it after the fact. They truly felt wonderful though, the one was a long gown with a satin top and the other was a shorter green dress... the memory is as clear as the day it happened!

Kandi Robbins
04-27-2015, 07:16 PM
i've had two bridal makeovers at true colors makeup artistry, wearing a wedding gown had been a fantasy of mine for a long time, glad i finally was able to have it fulfilled

I was also able to have a bridal makeover at True Colors. Simply wonderful, one of those knee-bending experiences! Going back again in October and am considering that wedding gown again!

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi Amanda, Having my own wedding gown is one of the things still on my bucket list.:daydreaming:

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Y'know, I'd be in there with everyone who likes 'em as far as ball gowns and fancy evening dresses go - I guess prom dresses to a degree... but here's the weird thing for me...

Bridal stuff? That's for brides - as in: GG brides. Maybe it's the subliminal stuff of gender stereotyping that makes me feel this (although it doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else... :doh:) but I'd just feel wrong about it. Maybe it's the association with the whole 'sanctity of marriage' thing, or something more subtle... I certainly couldn't claim virginal white (and neither could most of you, I fear... ;)) and a lot of the tradition associated with the wedding dress is around this aspect - perhaps a boundary too far?

Actually it's also a conflict with the idea that a wedding dress is a single purpose thing: GGs only wear one to actually get married (well, mostly...) so it's perhaps just a little too far into 'real' GG territory for me. Everything else is just an article of clothing - female or male - but there's too much meaning in this expression for me... can't really think why that should be such a barrier, but it is.

So nope - not for me I'm afraid... :)

Katey x
Hi Katey, It's funny that you bring that up, I would never have a problem wearing a wedding gown,
Where I draw the line in the sand is with Maternity clothes, That's a line that I would not cross.:daydreaming:

Donna June
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
I was about 8 years old, put on my older sister's prom dress. My friend was with me and we told her we wanted to get married. It was such fun being a little bride. Still enjoy prom and wedding dresses.

Lee Andrews
04-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Hi Katey, It's funny that you bring that up, I would never have a problem wearing a wedding gown,
Where I draw the line in the sand is with Maternity clothes, That's a line that I would not cross.:daydreaming:

With the stomache I'm sporting these days, I should look in the maternity section! Lol

sometimes_miss
04-28-2015, 02:06 PM
This brought back memories of something long forgotten. While not a wedding gown, I did get to try on my sister's prom dress, but only a few times. Then it seemed to have disappeared from her closet. It was only there for a very short time, perhaps it was something that she borrowed and had to give back. The most vivid memory coming back to me was that once it was on, the zipper on the back got stuck at the top most position; and it seemed to take me forever to get it unstuck. I couldn't see what I was doing, and it was very hard to manipulate. As it was in the middle of my upper back, I had used the paper clip on a string method of pulling it up, but once there, it was almost impossible to reach with both hands, and trying to pull it down with the clip only engaged the little parts of the zipper that helped it stay where it was. I think that was the first time that I had ever felt stuck in a girl's outfit, wondering exactly what I was going to do if I couldn't get it off. After close to an hour, I realized that if I exhaled all the way, I could slide the dress upwards just a bit more, and could reach the tab a little better, and managed to take it off. But the thrill of feeling stuck in the dress had felt sort of good, so I wore it a few more times; however, the thrill was gone, as I knew how to get it off. One day suddenly it was gone from her closet. I thought maybe she had brought it to the cleaners. But it never returned.

emily606
04-28-2015, 02:56 PM
I have never worn a wedding dress. However, years ago, there was a wonderful resale shop near my work and the two owners welcomed crossdressers. Once when I was shopping, one of the owners wanted me to try on an evening gown. I told her that I'd never worn a gown and that I wouldn't have room to store one properly at home. She and her partner smiled and had me try on gown after gown. I was in absolute heaven as they treated me like a girlfriend and piled compliments onto me (Probably undeserved).

Then one of the girls pulled out a wonderful black chiffon and silk cocktail dress and I put it on. Then the ladies asked me if I'd ever worn a mink coat. I had not and within a couple of moments I had on a beautiful (fake) mink admiring how pretty my pantyhose covered legs looked disappearing into the wonderful coat. It may have been the most feminine afternoon I'd ever spent. I truly felt like one of the girls!!!!

Sadly, that shop is gone. How I miss it!

Emily

Mink
04-28-2015, 06:27 PM
I've also never really had a THING for wedding gowns... I don't know what that is!

I can appreciate how amazing some look but it has littler interest to me than other formal wear...? for some reason!

maybe not so much for the reasons katey pointed out but who knows that could be part of it too!

I def. had a thing for prom girly girl gowns when I was younger

as I got older it became less about the shorter / sexy / satin ones and more about dreaming of the big poofy ball gowns / sweet 16 / princess type dresses!

the poofier and pinker the better!

just the dream of looking / feeling like a pretty princess in pink

though I could hardly EVER imagine an occasion to wear such a thing out in actual public (ha!)

Maria 60
04-28-2015, 07:55 PM
I kind of draw the line when it comes to wearing my daughters clothes. A few years ago my daughter did some spring cleaning and my wife knew how much I wanted to try on a prom dress. My wife put aside my daughters prom dress plus she was a brides maid a few times. OH MY! That was the greatest day ever, what an amazing feeling, all that silky material from head to toe. The prom dress was amazing and the bridesmaid gowns also felt great.

SharonDenise
04-28-2015, 09:47 PM
I went to a holiday dinner dance last fall. I decided to live it up and buy a floor length evening gown with a slight train. I've written previously on how I had a deliciously embarrassing moment going to the store to have it altered. I felt so pretty and feminine at the dinner/dance. I wore it to a Spring dinner/dance recently and again had the same feelings. I would like to wear a wedding dress and maybe feel that special feeling that brides have on their wedding day.

Sabrina133
04-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Actually, almost a year ago, was a bride at my own wedding to my most wonderful wife. We got married in Hawaii. My gown was custom made from Luxe Leather in England.

My dad walked me down the aisle...an her dad walked her down the aisle.

AnnieMac
04-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Funny, yeah I cross dress (in the closet though), and just like the rest of y'all mostly. But one thing I never quite had a thing for is the whole Bride and/or Maid thing. Wedding dresses, and Maid uniforms just don't do it for me, too cliche, and not real everyday female enough I think, although I do remember thinking it would be fun to wear a wedding dress when I was a teenager. That being said, I have ALWAYS wanted to get all dolled up, and wear a very tight short pencil skirt, silky hose, pretty heels and a big foofy soft mink coat to top that off, as describe in a post above. We all have our things I guess.

Krisi
04-29-2015, 09:39 AM
I've never had the desire to wear a wedding or prom dress either. It's everyday (women's) clothes for me. Sometimes I'll get a little more dressed up as if I'm going to dinner or a club, more often, it's an ordinary skirt or even jeans and a blouse and flats.

Stephanie47
04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm with Krisi as to wearing a wedding gown. A wedding gown seems just a little over the top for me as a cross dresser. My daughter was married two years ago. There is just something about the entire ceremony that me wearing a wedding gown seems sacrilegious. However, I would not mind wearing a prom dress or bridesmaid dress. Our local Goodwill stores will start hauling out donated prom dresses soon. I longingly look at the racks of dresses. I do have two floor length evening gown I bought through JC Penny's several years ago. They are the same design: pink and periwinkle.

PS: There's a local bridal store that went out of business for non payment of the rent. Either the landlord or the owner of the business recently liquidated all bridal gowns for $99.00 each. That's where my daughter bought her wedding gown. The woman who owned the business and her staff were really excellent. Sad to see them go.

Kristy 56
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Always wanted to be a bridesmaid ,and I'd love to own an evening gown. Bridal dress,not so much.

shedevilcd
04-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I have to say im very blessed in a way that my wife understands part of my fem side. That being said she still doesn't understand the obsession I have with Formals.......I tend to buy at least 1 or 2 a year. Long ones short ones. I just love the look and feel. Now the best part is I look through the craigslist for most of them and get them at a decent price some at $30 some even less and sometimes a little more. I even have 2 wedding dresses. Over the next few weeks and months the dresses start popping out for sale and you can get good prices. One day in the near future I hope to be able to do a all day photo shoot.

Claire Cook
04-30-2015, 05:13 AM
I've never had the desire to wear a wedding or prom dress either. It's everyday (women's) clothes for me. Sometimes I'll get a little more dressed up as if I'm going to dinner or a club, more often, it's an ordinary skirt or even jeans and a blouse and flats.

Yup, works for this girl too. Maybe 15 years ago I bought an evening gown -- the only one I have -- and I not had the chance (or the urge) to wear it.

Beverley Sims
04-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Arranging mock weddings years ago, I would find myself as the bride on many occasions.
More often a bridesmaid and always wearing nice gowns.
I still get asked by some of the boutiques that I frequented if I want to try something on.
I do on occasions for old times sake and the proprietors hope that I may buy again.
I do refer others to them on occasions.

Married CD
05-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Wow! I've never considered wearing a wedding dress, but I have always thought they were sexy.

Annette_boy
05-02-2015, 06:03 PM
I had the pleasure of wearing a Civil War Era (US) Ball gown in 2013. That year West Virginia celebrated its 150th birthday as a State. We danced Dances of the era and had a great time. Ths was with the petticoats and hoops . Think "Gone With the Wind Garden Party" . It was beautiful a friend helped make the gown it was green and yellow. we spent 6 months learning the old dances which was s blast.

Hugs Annette

Abby Lauren
05-02-2015, 06:24 PM
I thought I'd share my experiences wearing bridal gowns. They were the most wonderful experiences I've ever had as a woman in my life and I would encourage you all to try. Here are the first installments. Hope you enjoy them.
Love
Abby

Kristy 56
05-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Abby you make a great looking bride ! I like picture #1 best. Nice shoes,and great legs to go with them. :)

abby054
05-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I have two bridal gowns, both bought when bridal shops went out of business. I have the gorgeous gowns, crinoline, and veils.

I tried them on in the shops before buying them. That in itself was interesting. While trying on the first one, a child remarked about how pretty I looked as a bride. Her mother scowled. When fitting the second one, the shop owner, a older man, helped me get into the gown. I had the second one altered by a seamstress without any trouble...Replaced the zipper with a criss cross weave closure.

Married CD
05-03-2015, 06:46 PM
You look amazing Abby.

Abby Lauren
05-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Thank you for those lovely comments, girls

Diedre
05-05-2015, 09:39 AM
When I was a young teen my mother did sewing and alterations out of our home. For garments close to my size I would be used as the dress dummy. On one occasion I got to wear a slinky , long formal with long chiffon sleeves. It was the most incredible feeling I ever had in women's clothes.

Unfortunately my mother noticed I was starting to like being the dress form a little too much and I got replaced with one she found at a resale shop

docrobbysherry
05-05-2015, 11:18 AM
2 bridal shoots for me, CD. But, both r rather old and I have a bridal gown I haven't worn yet. Hmmm, June is coming up------:D

Caren_G
05-05-2015, 09:35 PM
I have gone to David's Bridal a few time and tried on gowns without any issues. It was a great feeling. I also went to another bridal shop and tried on a bunch of gowns to include prom dresses. The stores were great to me, and they didn't have any issues with me trying on the dresses. Recently I went with a friend as she was trying on dresses and she was going to have me try on bridesmaids dresses but we ran out of time. Will have to do that at some other time.

PHXTC
05-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Would love nothing more than to renew my vows with my wife with both of us in beautiful white wedding gowns. It's on my bucket list.

lingerieLiz
05-09-2015, 11:02 PM
I've been lucky enough to wear several wedding dresses. Once was the bride at a Halloween party. Other times I had access to dresses for tryons. I too find it interesting that girls don't try on their wedding dresses once they are married. Before marriage the dress is about how it and they look. It seems that the event is the focus after they marry.

Growing up there was no problem for formals as my sisters went to several balls every year. We were the same size so they knew I would try them on.

I'm with Annie about pencil skirts but different periods. Back in the 60s I loved to wear pencil skirts, actually loved wearing skirts period. Had several and back then they were longer and I think tighter than today. Then you wore slips and nylons. If you wore garters they were easy to see and feel. Long leg panty girdles were the rage too. They kept everything smooth. I had a white angora sweater that I wore out often. I liked it because it slid on my slip if someone would put their hand on your waist or back. Mostly wore them in cooler weather though.

Mink
05-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Take the Ticket. Be the Bride

Sissy_Cassandra
05-16-2015, 08:24 PM
I currently own 5 wedding gowns as well as 12 bridesmaid gowns. I purchased each and every one of them from a local bridal salon. The first time was my most never wracking but once I got there and meet the girls at the salon it was pure enjoyment. They were all so helpful and professional in my search for my gown. They made it an amazing experience and so I always went back to the same one. Now we're all on a first name basis with one another and have really fun times when I visit. Wonderful memories of each and every visit.

Sophie Hogletta
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
This is an interesting thread. I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress and get married, but unlike many on this thread, it is always to a guy. I was staying a some friends place a while back alone and she had an exquisite dress. Out of respect I never wore it, but gazed upon it for a long time. Oh maybe, one day I will be the bride. :devil:

Marie-Claude, France
07-03-2015, 07:50 AM
(...) Just for fun would be interested in hearing any stories you may have of wearing a sisters prom dress, maybe a wedding qown? Pics welcome as well.
(...)

How. About you? Is this something you find you like?

Amanda

Hi Amanda

We have no proms here in France. This means that we usually have no prom dressing opportunities.

I dream on a bride gown, but I never dared to purchase one.

I have two gowns; both are black. The first was used in my last Halloween party where I was disguised as a sexy vampire. The other is a long one.

My problem with gowns is to cover my not so feminine shoulders...

Sarah-RT
07-03-2015, 07:57 AM
The only gown I've ever worn was my sisters communion dress, she's 5 years older than me and made me wear it when I was around 6 or 7 as far as I can recall. I hated the experience as it was more of an older sibling forcing me to do something I didn't want to and I hadn't had any CDing thoughts that I can recall. For those unfamiliar a communion dress is like a wedding dress for girls minus cleavage or anything inappropriate like that, it has a veil and a little bag etc.

I've always wanted a prom dress but I only dress suitably for my body now such as high neck tops with no cleavage since it means I don't have to shave the little bit of hair I have on my chest, I love strappy tops and dresses but I'm quite pale and have farmers tan so my arms stick out a mile if my shoulders are exposed, I also get a little hair growth in my shoulders so it's easier to cover up than to monitor constantly

Sarah x

pamela7
07-03-2015, 08:04 AM
i suggested, partly in jest, when welshgirl and I have our 25th anniversary, perhaps I could wear the dress? :-)

susan jackson
07-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I had a friend who used to work in a bridal shop

One quiet afternoon, she was bored, so she dared me to try on a wedding gown

Lea
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
It would be a dream come true to wear a wedding gown. However I only want to wear one if I could renew my vows with my wife.

She actually asked me about it one day. What a way to express that she accepts both sides of me than a wedding. She did ask me what I thought she should wear. I told her whatever she felt most comfortable in but suggested a .nice dress or dress pants with a nice blouse.

I would want the complete experience of planning the wedding, picking out the dress, the first dance etc.

I have worn a formal for a New Year’s Eve at home. Wife and I both got dressed to the nines and welcomed the New Year.
I liked the feeling of how the gown felt compared to everyday dresses and skirts but I would only like to wear them when a special occasion arises.

Sometimes Steffi
07-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I have about a dozen long formal dresses, and I've worn them at CD events, particularly at the gala ball at Keystone. For a good example, see this link (https://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/6890459898/in/album-72157629718765891/). I am the lady in red. If you read the comments, you'll see that I acquired quite an admirer.

I've gotten my formal dresses from thrift shops or eBay. Once I took one of my evening gowns to a tailor to get it altered. Once the tailor realized that I was into evening gowns, she brought out half a dozen gowns that she had in the shop. I tried them all on, and bought three of them.

Hi Amanda, Having my own wedding gown is one of the things still on my bucket list.:daydreaming:

I have 4 wedding gowns that I bought off of eBay. If you have unlimited funds, it's easy to find a wedding gown on eBay. You can even get one made to your specific measurements from China. Since I don't have unlimited funds, I had to wait patiently until a gown i liked at a price I was wiling to pay came up for sale.

i've had two bridal makeovers at true colors makeup artistry, wearing a wedding gown had been a fantasy of mine for a long time, glad I finally was able to have it fulfilled, would love to dress in a ball gown or other formal gowns

I was also able to have a bridal makeover at True Colors. Simply wonderful, one of those knee-bending experiences! Going back again in October and am considering that wedding gown again!

I also had a makeover and photo shoot with Amanda. At that time, I didn't have any bridal gowns of my own, so I wore one of hers for the photo shoot. I also wore a green Indian bridal gown for my second outfit. For my last two outfits, I wore my own evening gowns.

After reading all the comments, I remembered the first time I wore an evening gown. My mom had two evening gowns put away in the basement, and I tried both of them on. The one I really liked was blue and heavily beaded. I never zipped the zipper all the way up, because I was afraid that I'd get myself stuck in it.

sarah87
08-18-2015, 01:25 PM
I recently had the opportunity to have an experience that all gurls would love, to try on wedding dresses in a store. I contacted the store and was just honest about what i wanted to do, I wanted to try on dresses, get some pictures and wasn't in a position that i could buy one. The owner was beyond magnificent and we set up a time. She went above and beyond and i think had more fun than i did! She kept picking out dress after dress trying to find one that fit me and then would accessorize me with belts and even wanted to do hairpieces! What an amazing experience. Ladies sometimes all we have to do is ask and it is amazing what can happen!

Gladys
08-18-2015, 01:39 PM
What an experience. Was anyone else in the store. I would love to do that.

RADER
08-18-2015, 02:34 PM
I always wanted to do the same thing. Many years ago, my wife an I went into a Wedding store
for me to get a new Tie/vest for my tux.
I asked if I could try on a dress....Shure, let me measure you up.
My wife almost died of laughter, but was all for it.
After the lady measured me up, she said sadly that she had no dresses even close to my size.
She said I needed a size 30-32....The largest she had was a 24 in stock.
For a $ 500.00 deposit, she would get some shipped in.
My wife said to me, look you can buy a lot of dresses for 500.
With that we walked out.... and walked out of my dream.
Rader

Ninna
08-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Like I say before, a wedding dress its one of my favorite fantasies!!! I think all the ladies must wear one at least once in life! Im realyy hapoy for you that you can complete that girly dream! Congrats girl!!!

ShriekCassandra
08-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Lucky person. I suppose I'd be drawn more to the thought of wearing a traditional wedding dress If I wasn't accounting for the fact I hate white coloured clothes.

dore50
08-18-2015, 03:15 PM
I love wedding dresses and have a few myself.
they are great fun to wear. I find them easy to buy off the internet.

Sharon B.
08-18-2015, 03:48 PM
One of my favorite dreams is wearing a wedding dress with all of the wedding lingerie under it.

Jazzy Jaz
08-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I have absolutely no desire to wear a wedding dress however, i just ordered 6 prom dresses that im extremely excited to receive. Aside from lingerie this kind of beautiful formal wear with patent pump high heels is how i like to dress. I cant understand why girls dont wear this stuff more often. I get the comfort and convenience in everyday life factors, this stuff isnt neccesarily practical, but if i were a woman i couldnt limit myself to occations i would wear these kinds of dresses a little more regularly.

Georgina
08-18-2015, 04:42 PM
I have 2 wedding dresses and love wearing them even if only occasionally.

sarah87
08-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Gladys you should go for it!!! just reach out to them and you might be surprised. At first it was just two employees and they scheduled a time when they usually aren't busy. Towards the end a lady came in that apparantly was having issues with her dress she ordered and she got the biggest smile on her face when she saw me. it was heaven, pure heaven!

Alice_2014_B
08-19-2015, 08:43 AM
You look very nice!
I'm not a fan of wearing a bridal gown, but I would love to have a dark blue ball-gown.
:)

freeindress
08-19-2015, 08:47 AM
I understand many CD's fantasy of wearing a wedding dress and getting pictures. However I'd feel overwhelmed by wedding symbolism, and would prefer going out as a CD-bridesmaid at a real wedding instead of a visit to wedding dress store and closeted photoshoot.

JenniferYager
08-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Wearing the dress was my fantasy...and Katt's Closet (http://www.kattscloset.com/home.html) made it a reality!