PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever asked, "Why me ?"

Teresa
04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
After all these years I've never asked, "Why me ?"
The earlier years of my Cding being far more sexual were mixed with shame and guilt but only if some one found out !
Latterly when it's more of a need to be open and accepted, the question has still not arisen !

I can only deduce from this that my brain is in full accord with my male/female side ! Yes at times my mind feels it's being pulled apart but that's only because of the lack of acceptance by others !

In some respects when this thought occurred to me I felt more comfortable with my CDing !

Have others ever asked the question and if so did it have the same effect or did you ask because you really feel it's an affliction you'd rather not have ?

Lee Andrews
04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes I have. Sometimes life would just be plain and a whole lot less complicated.
Do I now? Nope. I truly believe it has shaped me into the person I am today. My family on my dads side is generally closed minded about anything out of the norm. I think I would have followed suit if I didn't have CDing in my life. As far as they know I'm just normal as normal could be but would not be able to wrap their heads around this even though I'm 'normal' to the outside world.
Hope that makes sense. Lol

~Joanne~
04-27-2015, 02:46 PM
I did 15 minutes ago when I found out I missed the three digit by one number again. Why me?

Dianne S
04-27-2015, 02:46 PM
I have in the past (as I'm sure 99.99% of us have) asked "Why? What causes this?" but I've never really thought to ask "why did it happen to me, specifically.

Many years ago, I concluded that I'll never know why I'm transgender. It's just something that is and I have to deal with it.

Dana44
04-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Teresa, Good question, yes indeed on my earlier years I knew I was quite different. My brain process male/female thoughts all at once. LOL. No we are not accepted yet or may never be. The people that are comfortable in their skins will never understand us. Should we? Yes, we need to push forward. I have read about what you have been through. You are a pretty woman and I hope you become even more comfortable. I have been able to express myself for the first time as an aged woman. Oh I dressed for many of my girlfriends on a fantasy night yet was not able to express my femme side. So now, when I opened up to my SO and found acceptance, it felt liberating the first time we were out. I must say, that it is fulfilling to have ourselves even for a few flirting minutes as woman is pretty incredible. This affliction that I have is a gift. I have beat to my own drum my entire life and have been able to express my creative side on three novels that I published and have five more coming out. So look at yourself as a special being with a lot to offer your family and society in general.

Kate Simmons
04-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Nope. I just say: "Why not?" and enjoy it.:battingeyelashes::)

JennyTV
04-27-2015, 03:12 PM
In general, I've found that asking "why me?" has little to no effect on "I am". Just accept it and get on with life.

Jen

Rhanda
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
It really depends on where your are in this group. There are many degrees, if you will. some are what you might call "recreational cross dressers, others are dedicated dressers. some are trans gender and still others are trans sexual. Forgive me if I have missed someone here. We all get something out of wearing beautiful clothing that is usually associated with females. Some, but not all like to use makeup at least some of the time. I haven't ever felt that I was strange or asked the question "Why me?"

Now' where do I fit in? I just always envied attractive women who could dress really nice, even in masculine outfits and still be beautiful. When I was younger I would dress on the sly and practice full makeup the same way. This was never satisfying to me, even though I did the makeup all the time to enhance my masculine look.
A few years ago I was shopping for shoes in a big box store and saw a pair of beautiful 6 inch heels and since I was alone decided to try them on. Wow! From then on I just have been bold. I started dressing for every day and make my face up as gorgeous as I can. It has been a great feeling to liberate myself and present myself the way that I have always wanted to.

Life is short and getting shorter every day.

Rhanda

Beckymarye
04-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Mine is a slight twist on the question, not so much why me, but why does it feel right to cd

Tina_gm
04-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Stephen Hawking would have to do an equation that only he can to come up with the amount of times I have asked this question. Out of fear, out of frustration, just out of curiosity. And of course, why can I not fix it, stop it, reduce it etc etc.

cheryl reeves
04-27-2015, 04:48 PM
i stopped asking why me yrs ago,for there is no real answer too why some of us are born this way.

Confucius
04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
I add my own personal twist on the question. In my childhood I went from believing all boys to wanted to enjoy some girl time, to understanding that most of them considered it a horrible form of torture. So I wondered, "why do I feel wonderful sensations from crossdressing when most boys feel nothing except humiliation?"

After some searching I learned that the sensations I feel are associated with sexual contact. Somehow my brain has crossed its circuits and interprets crossdressing as actual contact with a female, while non-crossdressers do not share the same crossed neural connections. That explains why it is an automatic and involuntary response, and why it seems so natural to me. Unless I can figure some way of rewiring my brain, it is just a function of my world.

Julie Denier
04-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I have, and I still do -- as enjoyable as it is to crossdress, my life would be so much easier if I didn't feel compelled to do it ...

JennyTV
04-27-2015, 05:36 PM
One possible answer to the question "Why?" for those born in the 1950's and 60's is something called DES. It was a popular treatment for pregnant women, specially those with a higher risk of miscarriage. It was basically extra estrogen which exposed the fetus to unbalanced hormones. In female children it resulted in higher risk of cancer later in life. In male children it caused a much higher rate of gender dysphoria and other gender related issues.

There's not a whole lot of info out there, but a Google search of "DES Sons" should point out most of what's available. In my case, both my mother and her OB/GYN have passed away, so there is no way to know for sure. All I know is that my mother did have a couple miscarriages before I was born and therefore this treatment would have been likely used.

So I don't really know if it applies or not. Either way, I can't change the past. I just accept who I am and move forward with my life. :)

Jen

Pat
04-27-2015, 05:47 PM
I suppose I asked that in relation to crossdressing, but I've also asked it in relation to being left-handed, red-headed, a geek, broad-shouldered, non-atheletic, any number of other things. I wear a woman's 12 wide shoe -- why me? :cry: But overall, crossdressing has been more of a pleasure in my life than a problem.

JennyTV
04-27-2015, 05:51 PM
I've also asked it in relation to being left-handed

That's an easy one! Us lefties are just gifted :D

Jen

Robin777
04-27-2015, 06:05 PM
I used to ask, Why Me? But that was years ago. As I got older,I just accepted who I am and quit trying to self analyze. I also realized that dressing was a release of the stress in my life. I just feel so much better when I can dress.

Tracii G
04-27-2015, 06:10 PM
No I just enjoy having the best of both worlds.

Robin777
04-27-2015, 06:18 PM
That's an easy one! Us lefties are just gifted :D

Jen

Maybe because we lefties use the The right hemisphere which is the creative side of the brain

http://www.lefthandersday.com/tour/being-left-handed#.VT7C8lJ8rYi

ReineD
04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Teresa, everyone feels more comfortable when their loved ones condone their actions. This applies to every life situation, not just the CDing.

Teresa
04-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks to all for your replies, I wanted to keep the question simple, I wasn't asking why we crossdress but why am I afflicted with it ! The point is I have never asked that question !
Confucius may have the answer, if your brain is wired differently the only real question is why won't others accept it ? Any rejection doesn't come from inside me, only from others !
Also the point that Confucius makes explains why I and possibly many others get that never ending feeling , which was the subject of a thread I posted a short while ago.

GypsyGirl10
04-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Teresa:
Thanks for asking the question. Like you, I have never asked "Why me?" or any variation of that. I certainly don't feel afflicted with anything regarding CDing or my gender expression. I've always been different from the crowd in so many ways. I usually got bullied or tormented for it, but I always had a sense that I was right and my tormenters were off track. As you said, any rejection has only come from others. Now, with a fully supportive SO and children I am finally enjoying being myself completely.

Gypsy

AletaHawk
04-27-2015, 10:11 PM
I ask myself this all the time. Lately I haven't felt the urge as much, but I'm positive that I've got so many other things occupying my mind that I've stopped worrying about the clothes I'm wearing or how feminine I feel on a given day.

Still, in quiet moments I still find myself wishing I didn't have to deal with this. Life is hard enough. But then I remind myself that I can't change and just have to move on. Even if it's in secret.

ChristinaK
04-27-2015, 11:18 PM
When I hit puberty, I found that I was the only one in the world afflicted with such a degenerate and twisted mind and wondered why. Why only me? The thought was there that there may be others, but we're still twisted if there really were others.

Once Ifound out I wasn't alone, I was happier, but still wondered why it was me. I wasn't a momma's boy. I must have been chosen orhad a weird anomaly in my brain.

After a few years of puberty I stopped wondering why and embraced the fact that I was really in tune with girls. I enjoyed reading Seventeen magazine and checking out the new styles. I knew that I would be an understanding and sensitive boyfriend.

What happened is that I was always a friend and not a boyfriend. That was okay because I did eventually become a boyfriend. The girls did love me because I was different. As for sex, I felt privileged that the clothes and the girls turned me on.

Now, I wouldn't want it any other way and don't care why, just happy that I am.

SharonDenise
04-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Thank you Robin and Jenny. I am also left-handed and couldn't agree more.

CONSUELO
04-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Strangely I have never seriously asked this question. Rather I have tried to understand the "why and how" of being a cross dresser. I have never felt resentful that this happened to me and very few others. Usually, when people ask this question about some problem in their lives the "why" is linked with "me" as in "Why Me?" suggesting a cry of resentfulness that fate or society would have dealt you this hand.

Strange that we as a community rarely respond this way.

Marcelle
04-28-2015, 03:01 AM
Hi Teresa,

When I first accepted that this was not going away and knew in my heart of hearts I had to tell my wife in order to mover forward I thought "why me". However, once I came to terms with it and realized it is part of who I am, I never ask why anymore.

Hugs

Isha

Samantha_Smile
04-28-2015, 03:54 AM
At first, perhaps.

But asking 'why' just seems kinda futile.
It wont change a thing.

However, if it is reasons you seek, you are unlikely to find them. At least not conclusive, definitive, certain answers about your personal path.
You can get suggestions from psychologists (although I wouldn't recommend it LOL) but you're unlikely to ever get an answer that gives an exact reason.

Instead, just accept it and ask

"So now what?"

Dana3
04-28-2015, 05:52 AM
Teresa, everyone feels more comfortable when their loved ones condone their actions. This applies to every life situation, not just the CDing.

Yours is always the light of reason Reine, and sometimes, I just wished there was a simple "Like" button which would accumulate all the likes ~ agree without further comment. For more often than not, there's simply nothing to add to the words of wisdom to which you speak.

Oddly enough? I've never questioned it that frame, I have taken it out of its box, examined it, turned it over, upside down, inside out, took it apart piece by piece, wondered over it, perplexed myself over it, looked for answers to the questions because of it, along with the solutions to the ensuing problems that accompany it.

I've sometime tormented and beat myself up over it, finally realizing that I was attempting to "earn, prove, and validate my masculinity" because of, even attempted to deny it, to live without it. I've tried to drown it over the course of the years in an ocean of liquor ~ but still in the end "She" was always there like the proverbial 900 pound gorilla in the middle of room~ always with me, by my side, a part of me, within me.

I've wrestled with acceptance ~ I still do. Along with denial.

But the question ~ "Why me?" never has crossed my mind.

Krisi
04-28-2015, 06:36 AM
I don't view crossdressing as an affliction so I don't ask questions like "Why me?". It's something I like to do. Like fishing or building model trains. A little stranger than those two hobbies but it's not hurting anyone so I don't worry about it.

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Hi Teresa, I used to wonder why, But now I count it among:daydreaming: my blessing

Sarah-RT
04-28-2015, 07:22 AM
A few years ago I did indeed ask "why me?" And given the choice i would have taken the option of never doing it again if could be.

I once asked one of my gay friends, given the choice would he choose to be straight and he said no. I found that confusing but he explained apart from the social stigmas he likes who he is and the way he is. And I've begun thinking like that too, there are social barriers to overcome but aside from those what is the problem?

I've felt as I've accepted myself more that I accept others differences better, I feel more caring to others and I feel that I can relate better to women and that I would make a better partner in the future.

None of those are bad things and I would not think this way if not for being transgender. We only get one go at life, the idea is to see and learn as much about the places and people in the world and not how we are seen.

Be all you can be

Sarah x

NicoleScott
04-28-2015, 08:02 AM
"Why?" is a good question, and there are still no good answers. "Why me?" implies "why not someone else instead of me?"

MsVal
04-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Ever the pragmatic one, I ceased to wonder 'why' or 'why me' when I read the writings of much smarter people who said those were unknowns. Since that time I have simply accepted that TG is another part of what makes me ME.

My focus is unchanged. I want to be a better ME than I was the day before.

Best wishes
MsVal

melanie206
04-28-2015, 09:34 AM
"Why me?" seems to me to be a matter of fate and since I'm not spiritual or superstitious the answer must lay obscurely in the psychological or biological realms. To feel afflicted by either the origins or the thing itself, something I can't change, has no benefit for my mental state. The answer to the question "why?" is different for all of us and a few years of therapy might produce an answer. The better question is "how?" and I think that's why we return to this site again and again. How do we live in this world?

AKKaren
04-28-2015, 11:11 AM
:battingeyelashes:I have questioned this all my life. But as I have become more at peace with myself its less "Why?' and more "Why not!!" We are who we are....so be at peace with it.
Hugs to all of you!!
Karen

Donna June
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
At times I feel I have totally accepted who I am and then I will still get the "Why me?" I have to check out what JennyTV said about "Des Sons", could apply to me.

pamela7
04-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Not of cross-dressing, and not generally, imo one has to take a victim role in order to ask that, giving one's power away to "a creator" for example.

sometimes_miss
04-28-2015, 03:06 PM
"why me" was something that I wondered a lot about when I was a kid; much of my life was a disaster not of my own making. I wondered why all this was happening to me, because I had clearly never done anything wrong to deserve all the horrible things that happened. By the time I was about 16, I realized that things just happen at random, and that there is no rhyme or reason for a lot of things that happen to us. We just have to take things as they come, and deal with it the best we can. As I looked at the state of the world, I learned that life often really, really sucks, so we have to learn to enjoy the little things.

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-28-2015, 03:45 PM
My dressing began during a time when I was under extreme stress due to both professional and relational failures. Dressing helped me feel better about myself, but these days I have begun to wonder why I chose that route as opposed to other methods for relieving stress. Of all the things I could have done to escape from reality I chose to become a woman. Does it speak to an underlying gender identity issue that was just lurking beneath the surface? I don't have any answers yet, but it is certainly on my mind.

Bridget

Dana44
04-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Why me, When I was young being a DES kid. Did not know that then. As a growing boy. I played with all of the girls. Grew up in a tough area and fought a lot of boys. At 16 I was pretty messed up as a boy and my Dad asked me why. I told him I was a boy yet so confused. I said, how about boxing that would help me figure things out. So yeah, went to the AC boxing and the trainer put me in the ring right away against a high ranking boxer that was visiting. In the ring, I hit him so hard that I staggered him. He drew back and gathered himself and then gave me a boxing lesson. LOL. I became pretty good and wanted to face that boxer again. Never could, his manager had seen me fight and knew I would beat his fighter. Never got to do it. Went on to play football and other sports, even cross country running. Grew up and tried to be a solid male. It took me to my late thirties that I had enough time to question myself. In my forties I went to a holistic Doctor. He told me that I was more female than a female in hormones. The mix for a boy is 60/40 male/female and a woman is 60/40 female. He said that my progesterone was at eighty percent and any estrogen from foods and other sources has me completely female. Now imagine a male hearing that. We tried testosterone steroids and my prostrate bth or whatever kick way up. Had to stop. Now fining that Im a DES son. Wow, only 17.5 percent of us became male enough to be male. The rest are all transgendered and everything in between including gay. One thing on their finding is that we can not go the testosterone route. They recommend that any hormone treatment would have to to the route of estrogen. Pretty crazy. My sisters have had things like cancer, so the girls were messed up also. I keep in shape and exercise several times a week. Bench pressing has given me good B cups. So there is no way that I can be a macho male. Why me... oh well it is nice being both.

Lorileah
04-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Bruce Jenner has a theory...if you watch the first 15 minutes of the interview

Lilian Sport Lover
04-28-2015, 04:29 PM
One can ask the same question. Out of millions and millions of sperms that my mother received from my dad I was the one to make it to her uterus. A better probability in wining the lottery :). This is quote I read everyday: " what ever you do Randomness will have the last word".

PaulaQ
04-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Yes, I've asked this question a number of times. Throughout my life. Both about my gender, and about my handicap. My conclusion for a long time was simple: "God hates me." Mostly, nowadays, though, I simply realize that a number of things clearly went wrong during the time my mother was pregnant with me, and that consequently, bad stuff happens sometimes for no real reason.

I put off transition for as long as I could. I didn't want this. I still don't - it would be so much easier not to be trans. However, I am who I am, and it is easier to succumb to it, and live as myself than to continue to try to live a life where every human interaction was guided towards making sure you'd never know who I really was, or how I really felt about anything. As a result, as I look back on my prior life, I realize how empty, meaningless and humiliating it was. (Talking about it increasingly bothers me.)

It's a lot better now - we have to be who we really are.

Alice Torn
04-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Teresa, i have been asking that, for many decades, even before dressing. Why did i have to born last baby of a cruel , toxic family, father who reject me, wanted all daughters, older twin brothers who have made my life a total living hell, more now than before, that i would be stuck dealing with the same sick issues for 61 yrs!!!! Why did i have difficult gender issues all my life, and conflict with religious beliefs. All the toxic, family crap i escaped in 1981, i am having at a more intense level than ever before, At 61, i cannot take much more, and am planning very possible ending my torture. Why did i never get to have a loving wife? Why am i feeling very suicidal lately?

Dana44
04-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Alice,
I'm sure that everybody on this site has concern for you. I had a pretty toxic Family and have escaped them to find peace. I was wondering if there is anything I could do, like talk or maybe discuss through PM. What do you need?

Dana

Alice Torn
04-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Nothing eases my depression , anymore, not even fishing or riding my bicycle, or dressing. I am broke, no savings, cannot move away. I had premonitions when i wa forced to move back here, that i would die here, so i went to Banff Alberta Rockies twice, before my regretful move back here, knowing it would be hell for my depression, and emotions. I have done about as much in life, as i could, and now, only poverty, toxic, controlling family, and my end. I got into a big shouting, cussing and verbal fight yesterday with the one nazi brother who is out of prison. I never dreamed one of them would be let out!! He is the worst one. The is a cable TV documentarty about my evil twin brothers , called, The Evil Twins. It was put out by one of the Discovery Channel offshoots.They destroyed my career, and my life.

flatlander_48
04-28-2015, 08:37 PM
No, I never have asked that question and probably never will...

DeeAnn

Beverley Sims
04-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Not really thought about it, I have been too absorbed in looking the lady I want to be. :)

Sarah Doepner
04-30-2015, 02:54 PM
I was going to say that I never asked that particular question, but realized that while I never asked it out loud, it was in my head all along. Otherwise, the moment I discovered I wasn't the only boy who wore womens clothing wouldn't have been such a relief. Nor would that moment when I found out I could actually contact and eventually meet others who crossdressed. I had to have been wondering why I was the only person who felt that way. I'm an atheist now but back when I was young and would pray, I would ask for some kind of guidance on how to deal with my desire to crossdress. I wouldn't have put that prayer out there if I hadn't been thinking that somehow this had been placed in my world rather than in someone elses.

For the last 20 years or more that question hasn't been asked. There have been plenty of others asked since, but not that one.

Sharon Talley
05-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry to reply late to this discussion but for myself it wasn't why me but just why? Long ago a I got pressured by a therapist to reveal my darkest secret. I did by stating, "I wish I were a girl." He, on the other hand, being male wanted a different response that I was not prepared to act on at the time. The 'why' became 'how can I navigate this desire' in a world where I had to cowtow to perceived normalcy, a closeted life followed. Divorce followed when I tried to fit in the role my body dictated. I didn't look at men or women sexually but my mind drew comparisons to how cute that skirt was or how pretty a girl wore her hair. Why? I'm a biological man and ashamed of it in so many ways (socially) but really a sensitive woman inside that is misunderstood given 'it's wrong to be that way' but I am that way (even people that are open minded or tolerant really aren't given what they call me behind my back). The why is I am wired differently than most people and frankly would have it no other way (hit me again). That's why I'm here (and new to the group) so that somebody may actually say, 'I understand' rather than label me as a deviant. I do know looking the part of a woman is much less difficult than living in this world as one. I wish I had that challenge because the why becomes why not girl.

Teresa
05-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Sharon,
Better late than never !
I've always said that needing to know WHY was important to not only explain it to yourself but to then others ! I know this has been and will be asked many times , but my point was at any time did I ask the question why me ?

flatlander_48
05-12-2015, 07:28 PM
ST:

Glad that you found your way here! What you'll find is that there is a spectrum of activities, desires, thought processes and perspectives here. It is a given that you will fit in somewhere. And yes, we do understand. In some way, we are all living outside the accepted expectations of how we are supposed to be. Just consider those expectations to be the result of illogical bias, misinformation and the oft seen ways that small people have of needing to be "better than".

You will find family here as many have the Done There, Been That T-shirt. The important take-away is that we're still here, still upright and still willing to help because we understand the struggle and are bonded by it. Without a doubt, there are easier ways to live. However, this is the hand that we have been dealt. You either play or you toss your cards in. When you look at it in those terms, the options really narrow down...

DeeAnn

Sharon Talley
05-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Sharon,
Better late than never !
I've always said that needing to know WHY was important to not only explain it to yourself but to then others ! I know this has been and will be asked many times , but my point was at any time did I ask the question why me ?

The answer then would be yes. I really wanted that picket fence life with kids that went to college, family around the holidays, etc. (but I got the dysfunctional mess that I'm partially responsible for - and the guilt to go with it too). I had to give up that fantasy as the why me would never be answered with a panacea of an answer, the bolt out of the sky realization. So I need to embrace who I am, find solace in the fact I am not alone and just literally let the hair down and try to enjoy one day at a time without being so damn self conscious. I suppose it's long past time to let the bangs grow out and insure my skirt stays on straight. Why not me. Makes me more interesting, otherwise I'd be a bore. The response to my post from Flatlander_48 was very touching. As a girl friend (not girlfriend) told me a week ago, "You shouldn't be that way, it's not normal." Well, I feel normal here.

Rebekah_uk
05-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Yes I have say that this is a question up until last year that i would regularly ask myself. I finally told my wife and what a relief it was to not have this secret tearing me apart anymore. She has been a tower of support, she has even encouraged me to keep my shaved legs permanently. I think I have finally turned the self doubt corner and plan on purchasing breast forms and a wig very soon. Once I have worked on my makeup I plan on posting my first avatar pic of myself. I have also recently joined Gender Mosaic in Ottawa and plan on attending meetings and hope to make some new friends along the way very soon.

I have to say without the advice and help from the ladies on this site. I probably would not have had the courage to tell my wife.

Thanks you everybody
Becky
xxxxxx

Sarah Doepner
05-17-2015, 01:20 PM
I recently listened to an old Kris Kristopherson song called "Why Me Lord?". In the song he turns the phrase on it's head and asks what he has done to earn so much pleasure, joy and love in life. I suppose once we decide crossdressing isn't a curse and gives us something that gives us new insight and opportunity for growth, we could ask the same thing. Why me? Why haven't all my friends found the benefits of not being confined to a single view of gender? I don't know that I'm quite at that point, but it's a different take on the question.

Amanda M
05-17-2015, 01:40 PM
The very short answer - and the correct one is "Why not?" When people are diagnosed with a serious illness, this is one of the questions they ask. But really, why NOT you.

There is all this angst about why am I a cross dresser. What caused it?

Do you know - it simply does not matter, apart from a purely academic point of view. Lets face it, the big drug companies are not exactly going to spend billions on developing a vaccine agaist it.

It is what it is. We are what we are. End of!

Katey888
05-17-2015, 02:12 PM
"Why?" is a good question, and there are still no good answers. "Why me?" implies "why not someone else instead of me?"

Put me in this camp, please. :)

I'll ask why of anything (but particularly this madass condition...) until I'm blue in the face... But I've never really pondered on 'why me' as I guess I have a very fatalistic streak about these things... There are scarier and worse things to wonder 'why me' about, imho...

Katey x

Teresa
05-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Katey,
To answer your comment and Nicole's as I said at the start , "Why Me ?" Is a question I've never asked myself, so I must have always accepted that CDing satisfied a need ! The problem most of us have is the not being accepted by others ! I've never felt it's an affliction that I would gladly pass to someone else !

Yes Katey there are scarier and worse things until you face the thought of ending your life through the lack of acceptance and rejection Cding can cause !

DorothyElizabeth
05-17-2015, 09:29 PM
I asked that questing many many years ago, at about the same time I decided I was an agnostic (even though I didn't know the word). I was in the third grade at the time I used to frequently ask myself why I was not lucky, or why didn't I like arithmetic, or why was I talented musically, and my brothers were not. My mother's response to that was, "All of you kids (there were three of us) are unique. Your brother, Jim will always be the one who finds the pony in the pile of manure. Your brother, Richard will always be left-handed. You will always be musically talented, but not particularly good at memorization." When I asked my father the same thing, he replied, cryptically, "The universe is indifferent." (I didn't feel like getting him into one of his long philosophical dissertations, so I didn't ask what that was supposed to mean.)

When my wife left me in 2005, (and filed for divorce in 2007), and when I was laid off in October 2007 (I was out of work from October 2007 until January 2011) I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself, and asking ,"Why me?"

But then, one day I was thinking about my dad (who had died in 2003) and I said to myself, "There is no WHY; there is only what IS. The universe is indifferent. If you want to be happy, you'd better decide to be." I have been happy ever since.

I wasn't even particularly unhappy when I lost my house to foreclosure, in 2012. In fact, I think I an happier than when I was a homeowner. Although, to keep the rent down, I do all the major repairs (I repaired two broken pipes and replaced the oil burner transformer, nozzle and sensor this winter; and last Summer, when lightning struck the tree next to the house, I rewired the heat pump and did all the chain saw cleanup work, including going up in the tree - it was only about twenty or thirty feet - I shot a line over a limb and borrowed a boatswain's chair from my brother's sailboat.) But at bottom, I know that if the roof leaks or the refrigerator dies, all I have to do is call the landlord.

The older I get (I will be seventy one this year) the more I realize that happiness comes from within. My father was right; the universe is indifferent.

Tina_gm
05-17-2015, 09:31 PM
I have so many times asked the why me, why can't I rid myself of this. Why do I have to be one.

DorothyElizabeth
05-17-2015, 09:38 PM
@ gendermutt - see my post - just before yours - It probably won't answer your Why me question, but it's something to think about nonetheless, and my help you in your quandary..

Also, in case you're pondering it, the chicken crossed the road to show the possum that it could be done. :)

Barbara Jo
05-17-2015, 10:53 PM
No, i never ask, "why me"?

I'm just amazed that I am alive as the highest life form on such a fantastic planet and being gender dysphoric is a small price to pay for this.
There are far worse things you can be burdened with.
Anyway I have totally accepted my GD and now enjoy that facet of myself. :)

Stephanie47
05-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Since reading comments on this site over the years, I've wondered "Why me?" I wish I was not a cross dresser. Life would have been a lot less stressful over the years.

1) I was not dressed as a girl by my mother or an aunt or a female cousin.
2) I grew up in a post World War II apartment building and there was only one girl my age in 48 units
3) I never wanted to be a girl
4) I was all boy while growing up...sports, getting in trouble at school, getting my ass whipped by the parental units, etc....

So, I really don't have a clue as to "Why me?"

However, my wife when we were watching a two part report on young transgendered kids said she believes their sexual identity has been influenced by a "past life." The girl in a past life was a boy, and, the boy a girl. I like that idea. If my wife believes that, then her reason covers my nylon pantied ass.