PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep a tissue

Helen_Highwater
04-29-2015, 07:22 AM
I posted a while ago about GG's keeping tissues tucked in the sleeve of a jumper or cardi if they hadn't got any pockets. Well my SO did something different and as she hadn't got a sleeve to use she tucked it under her bra strap at the top of the cup. Later that day I was at a sports hall and lo and behold one of the ladies there dressed in her gym gear did exactly the same.

This struck me as just another of those "things" that add to the picture of what it is to be a GG.

Krisi
04-29-2015, 08:06 AM
I remember my grandmother keeping a "hankie" in her bosom. My wife used to put her cell phone in her bra but she sweated one time walking and ruined it.

Carole
04-29-2015, 09:14 AM
At least they're easy to get to for use Helen; Bunny girls used to put theirs underneath their breasts inside their bra I seem to remember.

docrobbysherry
04-29-2015, 12:12 PM
GG's? I often stuff napkins and dollar bills I get back after buying drinks down my cleavage when I'm out. Even put ID and car keys in there a few times. It's better than carrying a purse around all nite in a dance club.

Fortunately, I don't wear bras so it's easy to find the things I put down there!:o

Sarah-RT
04-29-2015, 12:13 PM
I've seen girls in bars keep their phones and cash down there too, I'd assume it's so they don't have to carry a handbag. Handy way to make use of space I suppose, I just keep forms in my bras lol

Kate Simmons
04-29-2015, 12:48 PM
GG's are like scouts, always prepared. We do well to follow their example. :)

CynthiaD
04-29-2015, 12:53 PM
I tuck all manner of things in my bra when I don't have any pockets and don't want to carry a purse. It's a great way to carry small items.

Kristy 56
04-29-2015, 01:35 PM
They certainly can be innovative,can't they ?

Rhonda Jean
04-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Back in the day I used to keep about an entire roll of toilet paper in my bra.

ReineD
04-29-2015, 01:58 PM
GG's? I often stuff napkins and dollar bills I get back after buying drinks down my cleavage when I'm out. Even put ID and car keys in there a few times.

We should all use our bras as purses or pockets! How handy! LOL. The lipstick might melt though.

I can't imagine tucking a tissue under my bra strap. Kleenexes tear, and how embarrassing to find a corner protruding from the neckline. It would give the impression that I am stuffing my bra! If the need to use a tissue is that urgent, then why would a person need just one during the entire time they're out? If I have a cold, I'll either bring a purse with a pack of tissues, or wear pants and put them in my pocket. I do keep a small box in the car though, they're handy for spills as well.

lisalove
04-29-2015, 08:38 PM
My mom used to put hankys in her bra.
God forbid us kids have dirt on our faces, a spit on her thumb, and out came a hanky to wipe our faces, that was so embarassing and gross.

JennyTV
04-29-2015, 08:46 PM
My grandmother used to keep a tissue in her sleeve. As she got older, she became more forgetful. I remember once when she took off her sweater 6 or 8 tissues dropped to the floor out of her sleeves. :D

My daughter has broken a cell phone or two from keeping it in her back pocket, so she has taken to keeping it under a bra strap instead.

Jen

Robin777
04-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Back in the day I used to keep about an entire roll of toilet paper in my bra.

LOL Been there ,done that!

TessaGirl
04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
If I'm out and have no pockets, would very likely be carrying a bag anyway. But otherwise I would probably just stuff tissues under the waist of whatever I'm wearing (not really into dresses, only skirts).

Helen_Highwater
05-01-2015, 06:03 AM
It just struck me that this is just another example of clothing dictating behavior. OK it's a small thing but if you're looking to blend then for me it's a bit like "Look after the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves". Do the small things and it helps people see what the expect to see. It's the subtle clues that together make up the bigger picture.

BLUE ORCHID
05-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Hi Helen, I remember my mom would sometimes use her bra as a pocket.:daydreaming:

EllenJo
05-01-2015, 06:22 AM
God forbid us kids have dirt on our faces, a spit on her thumb, and out came a hanky to wipe our faces, that was so embarassing and gross.

Our mothers must have gone to mothering school together. I never understood how her spit was cleaner than what ever she was wiping away.

BTW, mom kept hanky's and tissues up her sleeve. As she got older I would find 6 or 7 in each sleeve when I did laundry.

Hugs
Ellen Jo

Katey888
05-01-2015, 09:42 AM
No true lady would be seen dead without a handbag - even at the gym... :eek:

And I know what you're thinking - can't leave a handbag unattended when cross-training or pumping a little iron... well, that's why the chauffeur is there, blending in the background and guarding the LV... ;)

Anyway - tissues play havoc with foundation if you forget to employ ladylike techniques of just dabbing rather than the more brutal male methodology of wrestling with facial appendages... It is something to remember if you don't want to ruin an hours worth of hard work.. :)

Katey x

rosetyler
05-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Down your bra between your boobs is also a good place to store a cell phone. ;)

AngelaYVR
05-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Angela Merkel recently admitted she keeps her phone in her bra. Perhaps it has special shielding to stop the NSA from spying on it.

Sandie70
05-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I always laugh when, as I'm watching an old WW2 spy movie, the girl hides a secret note in her boobs as if that would never be a place the Gestapo would search. I would think this would be the very first place a spy buster would look. So... any of you girls out there who are secret agents - there are other places to hide things (think "The Interview" LOL).

Beverley Sims
05-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Back in the olden days before silicone, if I had a cold and wanted to blow my nose I would borrow a tissue use it and then dispose of it.

If I had a severe cold my boobs would shrink over the course of a day. :)

Eryn
05-03-2015, 03:38 PM
My grandmother used to keep a tissue in her sleeve. As she got older, she became more forgetful. I remember once when she took off her sweater 6 or 8 tissues dropped to the floor out of her sleeves. :D

I have the same memory of my grandmother and for that reason I'd never keep a tissue there.

Angela Merkel recently admitted she keeps her phone in her bra. Perhaps it has special shielding to stop the NSA from spying on it.

Either that, or the NSA station monitoring her has to have stadium seating when they turn on her phone's camera remotely.

abby054
05-03-2015, 04:53 PM
I have been known to hide a few dollars and a house key inside my sports bra when I am biking. I got the idea from watching my mother do so.

I always laugh when, as I'm watching an old WW2 spy movie, the girl hides a secret note in her boobs as if that would never be a place the Gestapo would search. I would think this would be the very first place a spy buster would look. So... any of you girls out there who are secret agents - there are other places to hide things (think "The Interview" LOL).

One of James Bond's girls hid a tape cassette inside the cheek of her bikini bottom. That did not turn out well, as I recall.

Been there! My mother and grandmother and aunts all used the left cup or cleavage of their bras to store hankies and tissues so consistently that I actually thought, as a kid, that was one of the two purposes of a bra.

Helen_Highwater
05-04-2015, 10:50 AM
And then of course there's what you could keep in a stocking top or garter? The femme fatale in the westerns always keep a few dollars in the stocking top.

Paulette
05-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Placing a cell phone in your bra could be an expensive issue if you should sweat. Sweat is water and cell phones hate water. I know at least three GG's that have lost phones this way.

CynthiaD
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Between the boobs is a great place to carry an extra cigar. I tuck the lighter and cutter under the right and left straps.

Claire Cook
05-04-2015, 12:21 PM
I guess I'm old-fashioned or conservative, but bras are for boobs, while purses are for all of the other stuff. Sometimes I wonder how I manage when I don't have my purse!

Ceera
05-04-2015, 05:52 PM
My GG daughter, who is 19, often jokes about herself or her GG friends 'using the boob pocket' - meaning tucking things into the cleavage to carry them.

I've observed plenty of GG's tucking cell phones, eyeglasses, wallets and even a flask of booze into their bra! Looks kind of funny on the dance floor when the screen of their iPhone lights up inside their bra pocket, but it works.

I've been to a dance en-femme where they wouldn't allow anyone to bring in even a small handbag into the room where the dance was being held. So where did my car keys and essential parts of my wallet go? Down the cleavage!

More recently I've found it to be much more convenient to keep my cash, a credit card, my license and a spare key to my car in a small pass case tucked between my boobs, and keep my purse in the car when I am out. If I need my cell phone or lipstick, I can go to the car and get it. And I don't need to worry about my purse while I'm dancing! I've never had anyone look askance at me when I daintily dip my fingers into the cleavage to extract my pass case and pay for my drink, then tuck it back after.

One thing I have learned though - bartenders are often quite nice about keeping a girl's purse for her behind the bar, if you ask. I've seen a few GG's do that.

justmetoo
05-04-2015, 07:47 PM
And then of course there's what you could keep in a stocking top or garter? The femme fatale in the westerns always keep a few dollars in the stocking top.

or a derringer :)

Eryn
05-04-2015, 08:06 PM

In the Miss Fisher Mysteries, Phrannie keeps a dagger secreted in her garter, but not in a sheath. I've always wondered how she avoids scratching herself or damaging her hose!