PDA

View Full Version : I'm so paranoid, you guys :/

Katie M
04-29-2015, 09:49 AM
post-err

Heidi Stevens
04-29-2015, 10:06 AM
All most all of us Kate have accidently left some make up at one time. You sound like you're young and still exploring new aspects in your dressing experience. To reassure yourself that you're face is clean, buy yourself a package of makeup remover wipes. Wash your face with soap and water, pat dry and use a wipe to remove what the soap and water missed. A package of wipes is not that much, under $5, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing all the makeup is off.
Now, about sleeping in makeup, not good for your completion! Or your sheets. This may be how mom is getting clues. You should also buy a facial moisturizer when you buy the wipes. Moisturize after each time you clean up. Hope that helps.

Danitgirl1
04-29-2015, 10:07 AM
I sometimes get 'ma'amed' on the phone when I am not trying to be feminine.
I have also been 'ma'med' in shops when in male mode, when buying both men's and women's clothes.
I just laugh it off. It is almost certainly meaningless.
I used to be very worried about being found out. Now, whilst not seeking to out myself to anyone other than my wife, my view is that this is a private if not a secret activity, I have decided that if found out, I will disclose as much as is relevant/necessary based on who the person is. How they react is their problem, not mine. Of course I will be more sensitive with family than with acquaintances.
My thoughts on this are expressed in more detail here
https://daniellaargento.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/some-thoughts-on-the-reveal/
if you are interested...
I am sure to remove make up and give myself a good scrub, but you cannot legislate for all eventualities.

To reassure yourself that you're face is clean, buy yourself a package of makeup remover wipes. Wash your face with soap and water, pat dry and use a wipe to remove what the soap and water missed.
Then dry your face on a freshly laundered white towel. Any residual make up will certainly show up on the towel.
Now you have to rewash your face AND launder the towel!
Just trying to lighten the mood...
Heidi's advice is excellent and I am not trying to discredit it at all!

Katie M
04-29-2015, 10:11 AM
post-err

Teresa
04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Katie M,
Don't let it bother you ! Yes you may be more aware of it than other people think ! I do think despite us dressing and doing makeup on the exterior something shines through from inside, I'm getting this feeling more than ever now even after all these years !

Stephanie47
04-29-2015, 10:21 AM
There's good advice above. I checked your bio. You're young and probably really self conscious. One of the things I use to do was scrub and scrub my face. As a kid I thought there still must be some makeup on. I ended up scrubbing my face raw. That surely attracted attention. Gentle cleaning with products designed to remove makeup should work. If you have a feminine facial structure I can readily see why people would take a second glance. If you're styling your hair consciously or subconsciously in a feminine hair style and thinning your eye brows that will add to the visual confusion: male or female??

Don't wear makeup to bed.

cheryl reeves
04-29-2015, 10:24 AM
my mustache is the only reason i dont get maam'd..this is my wifes 2nd request that i only shave it off if im going to full dress. 1st request is to keep the small patch of chest hair between my boobs..

Katie M
04-29-2015, 10:24 AM
post-err

Chris_Cross
04-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Not exactly the same experience, but I have found the more comfortable I get, the more I'm accidentally leaving stuff out to be seen or forgetting how I look. Not that this happened to you, but certainly conceivable.

Adriana Moretti
04-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Coconut oil is amaze balls !!! Use it to get rid of the eye makeup, BLOWS away the makeup remover whipes ( for your eyes anyway) AND its safer and better for your eyes....use the whipes on your foundation etc....I totally get what you are saying though...maybe you just STILL see the girl...i know i can, and if you normaly take good care of your skin, shave etc... maybe you just have BETTER skin and completion now, maybe you see and KNOW your face...thats a guess though...what do i know ...its kinda how i feel though when I see my face the next morning.

I got caught twice at work with eyeliner still on....it was embarassing...coconut oil ...LOL XOXO

docrobbysherry
04-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I buy my makeup removal wipes at the 99 Cents store. They work fine. But, as Adriana says, I often scrub pretty hard to get off makeup that's been on all nite.

My face looks red and scrubbed for some time. So, I don't go out for 1/2 hour or more afterwards!

Kate Simmons
04-29-2015, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't sweat it Hon. Sometimes folks just sense unconsciously that we are feminine. No big deal. :)

Sandra
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Really you are paranoid...then you start this thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?227337-What-do-you-think-would-happen&highlight=

CynthiaD
04-29-2015, 01:09 PM
When I was in my 20's people called me "ma'am" a lot, even though I had a fu-Manchu mustache. The most likely reason is that you don't have the heavy brow-ridge that many males have. (True in my case.) I also have no Adam's apple, which also made my face look more feminine. Add long hair, and there you go. Wearing makeup often will also make your skin softer.

Looking feminine isn't a bad thing, and you can't do anything about it anyway, so don't worry about it.

ChristinaK
04-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Nope, you're not paranoid, everyone sees right through you. They all know.

Sometimes I get the feeling too. A guy made a crack about me being a crossdresser and there is no way he knew. But, I do wear clear polish and trim my eyebrows and shave my body.

Uh, maybe he DID know. I don't really care anymore, let them wonder.

Tracii G
04-29-2015, 03:37 PM
Just clean your face off better if its bothering you.Coconut oil is amazing.
What are you worried about anyway, what is anyone going to do?
Not illegal for a guy to wear make up.

kimdl93
04-29-2015, 06:07 PM
There may be different things going on here. First, you may be interpreting these incidents the way you want to imagine them. In other words, it's in your head. The other deal...forgetting to take off eye make up...that may be a deliberate attempt to get caught. Regarding your mother, you would be well advised to discuss this with her rather than dropping clumsy hints.

UNDERDRESSER
04-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Katie, on your other thread you said that you did 6 months of "transition" Did that include hormones? If so, I would say it's quite likely you have significantly more feminine markers than the average guy.

AussieJess
04-30-2015, 12:10 AM
I sometimes get 'ma'amed' on the phone when I am not trying to be feminine

Lol, I get this all the time... I have a higher and softer voice than most of my friends. Frustrating sometimes when I get calls looking for me, and callers think I am a girl! But refreshing too.

DanaR
04-30-2015, 12:30 AM
I use olive oil, then soap and water. The olive oil will get all of the eye liner and eye makeup off before the soap and water cleans the rest. As far as lip stick, olive does a good job too, even for some of the longer lasting lip sticks. I agree about using the moisturizer before going to bed, then wash your face in the morning. Don't worry about what others are thinking.

Claire Cook
04-30-2015, 05:09 AM
I use olive oil, then soap and water. The olive oil will get all of the eye liner and eye makeup off before the soap and water cleans the rest. As far as lip stick, olive does a good job too, even for some of the longer lasting lip sticks. I agree about using the moisturizer before going to bed, then wash your face in the morning. Don't worry about what others are thinking.

Baby oil works well too (and it smells nice.) But it may not be traces of makeup that that people pick up on, but as others have noted maybe the inner you. I've been ma'amed when en drab, and when that happens, I just take it as a compliment. It certainly does not make me feel nervous or embarrassed!

Beverley Sims
05-03-2015, 03:59 PM
I got caught wearing lipstick once, when asked about it I said I had been drinking raspberry cordial.

I am SURE they bought it. :)

Samantha2015
05-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I'll have to try the coconut or olive oil next time. I've been using the Wet Ones sensitive skin wipes to take off makeup.
Works very well for me does not irritate my eyes either.

MissTee
05-03-2015, 05:54 PM
If make up removal is really important, might be worth an investment in a good remover. My fav is Lancome's Bi-Facil.

Andy66
05-03-2015, 06:51 PM
IF people are looking at you funny, maybe its not the makeup. Maybe its because youre acting nervous and suspicious.

BLUE ORCHID
05-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Hi Katie, I use DAWN dish washing detergent to remove lipstick stain from my lips.:daydreaming:
put a few drops on a damp paper towel and rub it in.

That is what they use to clean the grease and oil off of water fowl.

kkaye
05-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Yes we all forget makeup at one time or another. My blunder was one day, I got a visitor at my house concerning urgent business and, I could not have her waiting, I rushed and washed off all my foundation but forgot my painted toe nails. Ever since, I get a look at my feet by her but like most good people. They will ignore it.
My trick for quick removal is vasaline. It takes off eye liner very fast in one swipe. When, I am out and around, I have a travel kit of water, vasaline, a rag, soap and man clothes. Things happen. Years ago, I ran into a cross dresser broke down on the side of the highway. I would not want to end up like that. It take s me 1 to 3 hours to fix up but 15 minutes to erase it all and stud up.
I say. Just get a routine and you will never fail.