PDA

View Full Version : A Mall comment, compliement

Sallee
05-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I had an interesting experience at the mall yesterday It took me a while to decipher it. The mall an outdoor one. crowded for a Friday afternoon and warm. I was feeling all the comfortable. I wore a skirt usually I am a jeans girl when I am out to places like a mall. But I seemed to be passing or at least not getting clocked so no problem. I pushed through the crowd and a young teenage women said to me "your beautiful" At first I didn't think she was talking to me but for sure she was I didn't respond just keep walking. Now obviously she read me loud and clear but the statement sounded sincere and I will take it as a compliment I am obviously not beautiful a 60+ year old cross dresser with 5 o'clock shadow. Not beautiful.
I would certainly like to thank the woman and I am encouraged by her attitude maybe it is because of all the press we are getting lately but no one seems to care what you look like. Thanks young lady your beautiful too

goodnhose
05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Love that story and how good it made you feel. You look wonderful.

alwayshave
05-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Sallee, Its always great to get a compliment, especially unsolicited from a stranger.

Tracii G
05-02-2015, 03:27 PM
That was awesome Sallee.

justmetoo
05-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Very nice! :)
That would make my day, and even my week or month!

Genny B
05-02-2015, 08:40 PM
This is great. I have to ask, in hind sight, do you wish you thanked her?

Genny B

Allisa
05-02-2015, 08:55 PM
It seems the younger people of our times are more accepting of us and possibly she meant your inner self and your being free to be who you are as a person.

Sallee
05-03-2015, 01:21 AM
what ever she meant it was nice. Although it did snap me back to reality which is ok it won't keep me in

Sandie70
05-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Sallee, you look great. And there's no need to mention your age... I'm 70 and hope I have a few admiring glances ahead for me from both men and women in the future. I know you'll turn a few more heads yourself.

Marcelle
05-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Sallee,

A great story and a great testimony to the acceptance/tolerance of those around us . . . very nice to read.

Hugs

Isha

kimdl93
05-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Beauty takes a lot of forms. She recognized it in you. That's such a nice thing for a young woman to share.

Beverley Sims
05-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Any pleasant comments are welcome here too.

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi Sallee, I'll take compliments anyway that I can get them.:hugs:

tracigirl_tv
05-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Sallee, thanks for sharing this. You certainly SHOULD take it as a compliment, and well deserved too. You look lovely.

Ok, nobody asked, but....

I remember several years ago, one of my very first times out as Traci. I was going to a club in downtown-ish Philadelphia, would have to park a few blocks away from the venue and walk. NERVOUS!! On the walk along South Street (west of Broad, not the craziness on South Street east of Broad), I was concentrating on walking in my heels, on sharp lookout for any sneaky pavement irregularities. Passing one of the many business, an on-break employee was out front as I passed. He looked at me and caught my eye. I'm quite sure he clocked me, but he smiled and said, "oh yes!" Sallee, I was floating on air all night, and that's all it took *lol*

These victories are to be savored.

xoxo

Traci

Kristy 56
05-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Traci & Sallee thanks for sharing. And yes the current generation is definitely more accepting than past generations. New ideas always take time to get used to. :)