PDA

View Full Version : Creating art while enfemme?

Shannon S.
02-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Okay, I'm pretty new here and not sure if this topic has been covered yet.

Was curious if there are any artists here that create and draw while dressed up? :D

If so, what kind of works do you usually do?

:<3:Shannon S.:<3:

Katrina
02-04-2006, 10:06 PM
While I'm not very artistic in general, I tend to do my best thinking when I'm at least somewhat enfemme. If I'm completely dressed up, that clears my mind to do other things - otherwise I'm thinking about dressing up instead of what I'm working on...

ReginaK
02-05-2006, 02:11 AM
I don't draw, but I do make music. Being en femme kinda helps. It's like having a second person to collaborate with.

Paula Rae
02-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Yes, I'm a graphic artist, however most of my art work is computer generated. I use Corel Draw 12, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe PageMaker.

I have an 18"x18" digitizing tablet and a 24" plotter.

Ricki B

Angela Burke
02-05-2006, 04:15 AM
I've always sketched and painted.
I've never been very good, and with the occasional delightful surprise (monkeys and typewriters!) it's something I really enjoy.
I've never noticed if what I'm wearing has any bearing on the outcome of what I'm drawing.
I wear a skirt most of the time when I'm drawing but I wear a skirt most of the time anyway.

Cathy Anderson
02-05-2006, 04:31 AM
Hi Shannon,

Here's a link you might like. It's about the famous artist, Marcel Duchamp, who apparently crossdressed often when making art. It's a good article with excellent illustrations:

www.toutfait.com/issues/volume2/issue_4/articles/graham/graham1.html

Enjoy :)

Cathy

Butterfly Bill
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
The problem is that what most people think of when you say "art", i.e. painting and sulpture and such, involves messing with materials like paint and clay or things that make sawdust and flakes that at least I wouldn't want to get all over my nicer clothes. When I do my "art", whcih is mostly woodworking, I am technically "en femme", wearing women's jeans and sweatshirt, but it is not what most people would regard as drag.

Shannon S.
02-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow! Thanks for all of the responses! ^_^ :<3: It's nice to know there are some other creative girls here. Admittedly, I've only recently fully opened up to the presence of my fem side (mostly thanks to my girlfriend for feeding her) and I do plan to let Shannon explore some. I've already purchased some lingerie, a dress, stockings and heels. :)

Anyway, I love to do line art illustration and have thought about letting Shannon give it a whirl. She wants to try experimenting and doing some feminine subject matter. I'm guessing her sensualness will shine in the art. We'll see.

An extra thanks for the nice link Cathy! It was a very interesting article. *smiles big*

:<3:Shannon S.:<3:

daniellalee
02-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I love to create art while dressed. It comforts me and allows for more freedom of expression. I consider art my greatest tallent. I love to draw and paint for the most part but i also use the computer to create artwork. I also paint murals to make extra money but the sad thing is that i can't dress while painting murals. I dream of having an art related job in which i could feel comfortable expressing my femininty. I have considered learning how to tatoo since i have a few and love drawing out ideas for new ones. I think that if i was a tatoo artist , i would have a little bit of room to express my girlish nature. most tatoo shops don't have dress codes and expressing yourself is what being an artist is all about. I think that alot of women would feel more comfortable getting a tatoo from lil feminine me than a huge, burly, scary looking biker dude, lol no offense to huge scary bikers. I think that look is kinda cool even if it's not for me. i'm just saying maybe some tatoo shops need a more feminine touch. Now that alot of women are getting and giving tatoos. ok, i'll shut up now :bs:

Bridget
02-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Usually not, because i hate getting paint on my clothes. It's a pain to get out. But when i do paint, or draw, i like to do a bit of realistic watercolor, as well as some "out there" stuff in pencil and oil pastels.

Kimberley
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I am a photographer as an artist. My work has been exhibited, won competitions and been the subject of national television. I believe that I am at my most creative when Kimberley is present (dressed or not) but she is in my head and heart.

My best work has come from those moments but I wouldnt necessarily say that it has a feminine touch. It is primarily photoimpressionism (abstract) and no it is not done digitally. Everything is done in camera on film with a vision in my minds eye. A few of my more expensive black and white images are the result of work in the darkroom (lots of it).

Even with the accolades and all, I am still a starving artist and must make money other ways (teaching). Even so dont expect to see it along side a velvet Elvis at the local Ramada Inn starving artists sale. *LOL*

ladyelaine
02-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Dear Shannon S:
I think doing creative things en femme is not only rewarding but makes for really meanigful results. It seems to get more directly to things that are important in what one is trying to do. When I try to do anything creative with writing at the keyboard, it seems to go much more fluidly and one seems to be much at unity with what is being created.
I couldn't say myself whether this is true with other artforms, but I really believe it must be. I desire that you have the best of good fortune with what your are doing. Thank you so much for making this post.

hugs,
ladyelaine:balloons:

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-06-2006, 02:27 AM
British potter Grayson Perry (http://www.eyestorm.com/artist/Grayson_Perry_biography.aspx), is a crossdresser (who does has appeared as a Little Girl). He appeared in a "purple party frock" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3298707.stm) for the awards ceremony when he won the Turner Prize a few years ago.

milli
02-06-2006, 04:36 AM
i sculpt in clay. i find that dressing helps to "feel" soft rounded work. i also like to sculpt more erotic pieces that involve the cd theme. obviously dressing at these times helps a great deal because you feel the work.

swiss_susan
02-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Although I am not very good at it. But I have never tried it while enfemme. Sketching with pencils can be a little messy and I don't want to get my nice skirts messy. lol

Susan