PDA

View Full Version : That Was A Close One!

AnntoAnn
05-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Hi, haven’t posted in a while as nothing much has changed, but a friend I correspond with suggested I tell you about my experience at a hotel some weeks ago. So here goes…….

My line of work takes me all over the place and as such I sometimes take Ann along with me. I only do this in the UK. I go to regular hotels that I’m familiar with and know I can indulge a bit of Fem time, this may include eating in the restaurants or simply late shopping. I don’t usually go to the bar unless I know I’m very safe or they are very accommodating. A few weeks ago I find myself at a familiar hotel after a meeting with a regular customer. Having plenty of time on my hands I decide to change to go for early stroll to a restaurant nearby and then to the cinema. My outfit if you want to know was skinny jeans loose navy blouse and new grey boots. So having got prepared I made my way down to the lobby/reception to leave the hotel. As I left the lift to walk across the floor I looked over to the reception desk only to see a work colleague checking in. I was a little stunned and did not know quite what to do next. I just stood there watching as he was clearly finishing his checking in. Then he picked up his phone and started to ring someone, but turned to look in my direction. It was at this point I made a beeline for the front door to the car park. Just as I reached the door I could hear my phone ring in my bag. On exiting I reached in my bag and sure enough it was my work colleague. Feeling that I was far enough away from the door I answered. He told me he had booked in to the same hotel and did I want to meet up for dinner and a drink. I did think of telling him I was not there but was unsure if he had spotted my car or had asked the receptionist if I had booked in. So I said yes and would meet him in the bar later. I watched him through the window and waited till he had gone into the lift. After a while I re-entered the lobby and returned to my room to undo all my hard work. O well it could have been worse; it was certainly a close one. I do have a unique ring tone that I’m sure he would have heard and then seen me answering my phone in the lobby if I had not spotted him.

Jorja
05-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh the life of a double agent. You girls must be gluttons for punishment. ;)

Dana44
05-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Yeah that was a close one. I never would leave the room. Always went down to the bar in male mode and yes did run into colleagues a few times. I had always thought the world is a small place and that no place was safe to do that. I was pretty well known when I was working and it seemed that everywhere I went I ran into somebody that I knew like a salesman or others.

kimdl93
05-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I don't suppose you could have turned around, walked back in and nudged him in the shoulder.

Julie Denier
05-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Exactly why I don't go out en femme when I dress up while on work trips ...

Elisa Lace
05-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Lol it was indeed a close one! But a good story nevertheless. You'll have to work on your trade-craft :p

Jazzy Jaz
05-06-2015, 12:43 AM
I think you handled that with great stealth. Lots of people would have been oblivious and focused on going out and might have gotten caught. Good job!

Beverley Sims
05-06-2015, 12:44 AM
You could have been standing with your back to him close by and that unique ring tone would have busted you. :)

Marcelle
05-06-2015, 05:35 AM
Hi Ann,

That was a priceless story. I can only imagine if you had not seen him, been ensconced in a lobby chair with back turned and then he called. I am glad it worked out and too bad about having to decompile.

Hugs and thanks for sharing.

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Hi Ann, A couple minutes later and he would've been standing in
front of the lift door as it opened for you to exit the lift.:daydreaming:

suzannetr2002
05-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Great story...those pesky work colleagues, always spoiling the fun!

CarlaWestin
05-06-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm always drawn to these 'almost caught' stories. I guess they're just, so, exciting. Thanks for sharing. I'm really waiting for that story that includes something like, "It's me, Bob. I sure hope you don't have a problem with this!"

tracigirl_tv
05-06-2015, 07:27 AM
I don't suppose you could have turned around, walked back in and nudged him in the shoulder.

I like this suggestion. (Yes, easy for me to say.)

As pretty as you are, Ann, he may have been quite appreciative of your revelation :)

Glad all turned out well for you.

xoxo

Traci

Pat
05-06-2015, 08:22 AM
That's a fun adventure - like a comedy movie. It's hard to accept that when you're all dolled up, you're pretty much unrecognizable as your male self, so you're safe in these situations. If you had just kept walking he'd never have noticed. Social conventions being what they are (don't stare at strangers) you could probably have ridden in the same elevator undetected.

carhill2mn
05-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Next time leave your phone in your room!

Katey888
05-06-2015, 11:13 AM
I do have a unique ring tone that I’m sure he would have heard and then seen me answering my phone in the lobby if I had not spotted him.

And that would have been right out of a good BBC sitcom... :D

Of course you're not going to out yourself spontaneously - but that's also in plenty of girls fantasies here too, I'm sure... ;) Shame about all that prep work though... I think I might have been tempted to tell him I'd gone for a long walk.

Definitely the secret agent lifestyle... I can't help but think that some of us actually like that aspect of this... :daydreaming:

Katey x

pamela7
05-06-2015, 11:44 AM
That was, in my opinion, the universe giving you a friendly chance to out yourself. You never know, but the colleague might also be a closet CD-er.

Ever since I started CD-ing I'm aware of telltale signs:

1. extra-close shaves - as if there's no hair
2. lesser eyebrows with perhaps a little shaping
3. ambiguous male wear
4. longer than typical nails
5. short hair - all the easier to tuck under a wig
6. relationship problems (we don't all have them but I'm sure more than the average do)
7. interest in shopping or clothes, or conversation or greater interaction with female colleagues

I'm sure the list can be extended, but the point is there are more of us out there than we realise. The known 5% is likely only the tip of an iceberg.

CONSUELO
05-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Dressing on business trips is always a little risky. Company I worked for would typically use a small sub-set of hotels in major cities, so the likelihood of a colleague being in the same hotel was high. I would seek out a cheaper hotel that I knew my colleagues would not use. My cover was that I was saving the company money.

That said, it does smack of being a "double agent" Perhaps us Cders should have been recruited by the intelligence services. We are good at disguise, can lead a double life and we are excellent at keeping secrets.

Alvie
05-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Great story.. And you did handle it very well.. :-)

Michelle 78
05-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Wow, great story and lady luck was definitely shining down on you that day too!! the others are right, if we made a movie about the close shaves some of us get into nobody would believe it was real life!

AnntoAnn
05-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all your comments, really appreciate your responses.

To answerer some of the questions that have arisen; Dressing in hotels is something I do now and then but if I do, like I do at home I go all the way and make the most of it. I keep a suitcase for Ann ready just in case. Some hotels I go to just don’t lend themselves to popping in and out as Ann, small hotels and especially B&B types just don’t have the foot fall to come and go unnoticed. Premier Inns are great as they tend to leave you alone and from discussions I’ve had with some staff they have seen it All! The more upscale hotels in city centres are also accommodating. As for eating in the restaurant, I tend to look first to see what the crowd is like. Nothing worse than turning up to find that it is full of rowdy men who have been on company sponsored beer for a few hours (been there, but that’s another story!!). Best laid plans sometime get scuppered when the client asks if you will join them for dinner and it will be rude to refuse. Also it can end up being a long day and so the urge to dress fades and all you want to do is get a quick bite to eat and bed. I have met some wonderful people as Ann in hotels and will no doubt continue to do so.

Samantha Clark
05-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Great story and thanks for sharing. One more reason to set your phone to vibrate, instead of ring! Then you can just look who is calling and send it to voice mail, and be off on your way.

I do see the danger on business trips of running into clients or business associates, so we could all use a course in spy craft I suppose.

The reference to "keeping Ann in a suitcase" makes me think of the need on this occasion to get "rid of" Ann. That kind of thinking could lead to the development of a good comedy/thriller (ala Rear Window with a CD twist)? That could be a fun script!

lingerieLiz
05-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Doesn't matter where or how far you go, You may run into someone you would rather not. I've done it several times when I was where I didn't expect to see anyone that I knew. Worse is when they see you. Even people that you don't know but they know who you are can get you caught.

MissTee
05-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, Ann. That was both entertaining and a bit scary. I travel a lot, but have never entertained the idea of stepping out dressed. Prefer to stay in my room. Besides, when in drab I'm very -- how should I say this -- larger than life. Dressed I'd only stand out more. Not many women with 20+ inch arms and a barrel chest.