PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting younger ??

Shelly Preston
05-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Am I getting younger ?

Ok that's just being stupid but you can feel younger.

Its kind of obvious from my avatar I wont be 21 again :sad:

Recently I had to buy a tyre for my car. As I was out near a shopping mall, I dropped into a garage to see if they had one which was suitable. There normal procedure is to ask for your surname which is fine.

So I expected to see Mrs Preston on the invoice, or even maybe Ms Preston.

No to my surprise I am now Miss Preston :daydreaming:

I could get to like that salesman ...........:heehee:

pamela7
05-06-2015, 12:00 PM
My late father used to say "you're as young as the woman you feel" - referring to his girlfriend about 25 years younger than himself back then.
So, I reckon we could adapt this saying to "as young as the woman you feel in that clothing"?!

Sarah Doepner
05-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Yes, you are getting younger. End of discussion. Just smile and walk or skip away feeling like spring just happened.

docrobbysherry
05-06-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm older than u, Shelly. But, Sherry turns 18 this year!

When I ran her photo thru that "Guess Your Age" online site? They thot she was 6!:eek:

Kate Simmons
05-06-2015, 01:08 PM
I think that getting "younger" on here is contagious Shelly.:heehee::)

Adriana Moretti
05-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Thats funny....there is this new show on TV now called Younger..and when I saw it I was like OMG thats sooooo me....its from the creators of sex in the city...but cheezier..if thats possible .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzKn_m3ARPo

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Hi Shelly, I'm 72 going on 55.:daydreaming:

Kristy 56
05-06-2015, 06:22 PM
You're as young as you feel ! Mentally I still feel the same as I did 30'years ago. I do have to admit that my body sometimes reminds the brain that it ain't so. Just go out and enjoy yourself. :)

Dana44
05-06-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm 64 and look in my forties. Made up, I look younger. Yep it's only how old you feel.

Isabella Ross
05-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Enjoy it, Shelly!

Katey888
05-07-2015, 05:26 AM
For some reason the jingle: "You can't get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter.." goes flitting through my mind... :daydreaming:

You may remember that "they're the guys to trust.." so they must be right, yes...?? :cheer:

Old-fashioned politeness is wonderful, ain't it? Enjoy the feeling...

Katey x

Shelly Preston
05-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Adrianna, That looks like a fun show. Most who guess my age manage to lose 10 years of the actual figure :)

For some reason the jingle: "You can't get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter.." goes flitting through my mind... :daydreaming:

You may remember that "they're the guys to trust.." so they must be right, yes...?? :cheer:

Old-fashioned politeness is wonderful, ain't it? Enjoy the feeling...

Katey x

Katey, When I read the first two lines. It had me wondering what you were trying to imply :eek: :o

Yes old fashioned politeness does work wonders.

Beverley Sims
05-07-2015, 02:41 PM
By just reading the title, my answer would be, maybe it is because you are moving with the times.

To stay young at heart you do have to have insight into those younger than yourself and realise that their views are just so different to those years ago.

Miss Preston? The truth is it is probably a tingping!!! error or a computer glitch, maybe there is a Miss Preston on their books and Preston brought up the option.

Whatever make the most of it, be optimistic and keep smiling. :)

Shelly Preston
05-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Bev,

My name is linked to the plate on the car so the surname has to be correct.

I do try to look my best so maybe that helps ?