PDA

View Full Version : Never would have believed this a year ago

Donnagirl
05-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Well, just finished a long talk with the doc.... All tests are good, psych deemed me suitable and competent...

Decision time... Do I mark time, and regret years lost or leap in and regret my impulsiveness???

Decision made.....

Time to take the red pill (actually it's blue, but that would ruin the quote), stay in wonderland and see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Progynova and spiro...

Too early for a woohoo???

charlenesomeone
05-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Happy for you, will follow your journey and hope to join you.
All the best.

Forgetmenot
05-08-2015, 04:02 AM
That is amazing. Your profile photo probably is your reaction IRL haha!

Marcelle
05-08-2015, 04:48 AM
Hi Donna,

So glad to hear you have made a decision and are moving forward . . . we will wait for the "woohoo" when you are ready.

Hugs

Isha

alwayshave
05-08-2015, 05:42 AM
Donna, Good luck with the HRT.

BLUE ORCHID
05-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Hi Donna, It really sounds like you are living the dream:love:.
I wish you all the best in your new life's journeys and may all of your paths
be covered with rose petals and Sunshine.:daydreaming:

Rhonda Darling
05-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Donna:

Good for you! We're all looking forward to sharing your journey with you. If the road gets bumpy, remember that we're all here as shock absorbers.

Best,
Rhonda

Katey888
05-08-2015, 07:12 AM
I'll play Donna...

WOO HOO! :yahoo:

If you've made a decision and taken action that has to be a Good Thing, right? Well worth a hurrah in my book...

Pace yourself, be as patient as you can, and enjoy the journey and the experience.

And be yourself...

Katey x

Suzie Petersen
05-08-2015, 07:47 AM
Good for you Donna, any journey starts with a first step, right!

Get ready for a roller coaster ride, the emotions can go a little crazy when on HRT.

- Suzie

Heidi Stevens
05-08-2015, 07:53 AM
It's like I have a Down-under twin! Donna, you and I are both experiencing the same things. A year ago I was just coming out to my wife. Since then it's been long talks, therapy and starting last March, HRT. I would have never seen this a year ago, I saw myself still in hiding my female side.
I know the past year has been a struggle for you, but look where you are now! This is how I'm approaching the heaven and hell of the past 12 months. Take stock in where you are, find the places where you can improve things (got lots of those), enjoy the moment and push ahead with a happy heart!

bridget thronton
05-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Best wishes as you follow your new path

Jaylyn
05-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Hope you find what you are searching for without any road bumps. Keep us all informed and mainly a great attitude. Hopefully no regrets ever.

Julie Denier
05-08-2015, 10:23 AM
My, how far you have come since you joined us here! Best of luck ;)

Amy Fakley
05-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Wow, you're really in the fast lane lately!
Best of luck to you, Donna. I hope this next phase of your journey brings you much peace and happiness.

Michelle 78
05-08-2015, 01:47 PM
All the best Donna on your journey!! I hope you have lots of happiness, contentment and great times ahead! Amy is right, you really are living life in the fast lane!! enjoy

HelenR2
05-08-2015, 02:15 PM
You go girl!

pamela7
05-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Wow, Donna, that's brave, which fits you well!!!
Good, good luck.

Adelaide
05-08-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm soooooo happy for you! Enjoy the journey!

SamanthaSometimes
05-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm sure it must feel good to have finally made the decision. Best of everything to you Donna. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

Jennifer-GWN
05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Girls... We have another one over to the dark side.

Donna... Congrats hope and trust that this goes well.

Cheers... Jennifer

MsVal
05-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Donna, you've always gone full throttle, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. I can't imagine you marking time for ANY reason.

I hope you have an exceptionally good ride.

Best wishes
MsVal

Beverley Sims
05-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I love your optimism and your attitude towards life.
may it always remain as enjoyable.

paulaprimo
05-09-2015, 02:17 AM
congrats to you donna, and i wish you the very best!! :)

Jenny Elwood
05-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Sorry Donna, but I don't seem to fit the bill with the prevailing culture of cheerleading. You've gone from a crossdresser to a TS in a year? Isn't it supposed to be two (at least)? :) I am in no position to judge seeing as I went through a severe bout of what I can only term "TS envy" only a week ago. I wanted to be a woman so bad I could taste it, two soiled panties later and I'm magically cured, happy to be a man most of the time again. Think long and hard if this really is what you want and what the long term consequences might be and then at the very least slow down, this is not a race.

Nikkilovesdresses
05-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Another vote for slowing down Donna's headlong rush. Forward momentum is good, but so is patience. As someone else said, this is not a race.

Good luck what ever you decide!

Donnagirl
05-09-2015, 04:43 AM
I'm hearing you Jenny, and believe you me its not a decision taken lightly...

There were a number of points I found it difficult to argue with, chiefly the fact that this is not going away!!! I didn't want go join the ranks of the late in life transitioners, regretting many wasted years of conflict, denial and angered suppression...
And how long have I really been hiding it, from myself as well as the world? I guess if I'm truly honest with myself, I was something a little more than a cross dresser, my story never really meshed with the majority. (Although there is always the tendency to post along the groupthink lines! Something I'm also guilty of!)

I'm still on relatively low dosages, about 1/3 of what someone fully transitioning would be on, I'm seeing the doc and psych three monthly and have a good local counsellor.

For the whole of this year I've gain much inner calm, ok a few falls from the wagon but they were all when I (again) thought I could 'man up' and beat this... Acceptance is far better for my health, the families sanity and the structural integrity of the house.

The need to present is becoming quite an aggressive one, perhaps again a symptom of my character and it's something I now refuse to fight. I have gone from an oaf in a dress to a relatively capable 'blender'. I want that to increase, effeminate male I can accept and camouflage, more presentable female is the ongoing goal.

Full transition I see as way away on the distant horizon and a destination I do doubt I'll achieve (or want). Full time (most of the time) presentation, well that's more the endgame I'm hoping for.

I do really thank you, and the others who have expressed similar sentiments... I need the criticism, the dangers flagged and the warnings. I do always go 'all in' early in the piece with varying results and comments to make me continually reassess are valuable, truely valuable.

Thanks and hugs,

Donna

Suzanne F
05-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Donna
Only you can know what is right for you. For me every step I have taken toward transition has made me feel like the authentic me. Like Paula said in an earlier post I always knew at some level. It seems that a low dose HRT protocol is a wise way for you to begin since total transition is not your goal at this time. I respect your decision and wish you the best!
Suzanne

nathaliedove
06-10-2015, 12:43 PM
I wish you nothing but the best Donna! Will be following your story for sure!

Teresa
06-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Donna,
I'm going to offer my congratulations on your tough decision , I sense this time you're not jumping in with both feet you have considered the consequences of family and work .
Demolition of the house at times wasn't good lets hope it brings the calmness and inner peace you're hoping for ! I get your comments about older members wondering if it's all too late, I'm still waiting for my next round of counselling with a gender therapist mainly now to confirm my inner feeling and thoughts but I don't think I will be taking your route. At least I will be sure in my own mind what I really feel and can talk to my family knowing it's not something I've been making up just to satisfy a silly need to wear dresses sometimes.