PDA

View Full Version : a most pleasurable experience

wanda66
05-09-2015, 03:36 PM
today my granddaughter asked me if she could give me a pedicure.
to my delight my wife says sure that would be nice. so my granddaughter with my wife instructing her gave me a great pedicure polish my toenails in my fingernails . so now i can show my painted toenails and fingernails without anybody saying anything. the door on the closet seems to open a little bit each day I will be glad when the Sun shines .

jennyph
05-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Glad you had a positive experience with it. I'm also slowly coming out of the closet and love your idea about being glad when the sun shines,.

Beverley Sims
05-09-2015, 03:48 PM
The secret is go with the flow but don't push it.

justmetoo
05-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Nice. Sounds like you had fun. :)

Natalie cupcake
05-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Maybe next time your wife can instruct your granddaughter how to do a makeover.:)

Marcelle
05-10-2015, 05:20 AM
Hi Wanda,

So glad to read about this . . . sometimes all we need is a crack in the door to feel good about ourselves. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Erika Lyne
05-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Hey Wanda!

I've said that more than once when my toes have been painted and I've been to the beach with or without my girls. "My girls played 'Nail Salon' and they needed a customer." or,"I love spending time with my girls as any great dad should do." I do have to say, there is nothing more self reassuring than going to the beach and seeing your own painted toes in the sand.

Hugs,
-E

BLUE ORCHID
05-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Hi Wanda, The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.:hugs:

It sounds like your Grand Daughter is a co-conspirator .:daydreaming:

Adriana Moretti
05-10-2015, 11:04 AM
can I book an appointment for 12.30 on tuesday for a pedicure too ? My toes are in desperate need of one, she may have a new business venture going xoxo

SharonDenise
05-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Thank you wanda66 for your cute post! I have two granddaughters and maybe I have a similar experience to look forward to.

MissTee
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
My granddaughters don't give, but they love to receive. I have them a little container of fast drying polishes in almost every color. I bring it out when they come over, and they line up for colors on fingers and toes. It's one of our favorite time sharing activities. I'm thinking thirty years from now, when I'm likely to not still be around, they'll remember the fun we had and I will have at the very least blazed a new dimension on the gender behavior norms for their kids.

wanda66
05-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Thank you for all of wonderful responses! !