PDA

View Full Version : Floating On Air

reb.femme
05-09-2015, 08:20 PM
I went to our group meet tonight and I've been floating on air since.

My wife dropped me off so that I could avail myself of the fine beverages (read vodka and orange plus beer) for the evening.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, as I entered the pub, a lady was coming out and held the door. She then said, "sorry sweetie". She reiterated the phrase a second time as I thanked her for holding the door. This was the first time I have received a female one on one (can I call it an affirmation?) and the same from a couple of young ladies later in the evening. I've been dining out on this all evening and I'm still floating now.

I bought some new tops and a dress today with my wife (as personal shopper), so all in I've had an absolutely excellent day and night. Total price for all this is paying for Sunday lunch tomorrow for myself and my wife at a local carvery. I would have paid in gold for a day like this! Happiest day in a very long time....absolutely priceless in fact. :)

Rebecca

Natalie cupcake
05-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Yes you can call it an affirmation Rebecca.:) Good for you girl!!:battingeyelashes:

donnalee
05-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Happiness is a warm regard!

Dana44
05-09-2015, 10:57 PM
A great night. Nice time and having fun. Good for you!

Katey888
05-10-2015, 04:00 AM
You certainly can call it affirmation, Rebecca... :D

Great experience for you I'm sure... what with vodka, orange AND beer - definitely a saarf London girls bevvy... ;)

Enjoy your carvery today - have a nice bit of crackling and think of me... :lol2:

Pleased for you...

Katey x

Teresa
05-10-2015, 04:00 AM
Rebecca,
What a lovely story , thanks for sharing it !
You call it floating on air, for me the title would be in your dreams because I think that's as close as I'm going to get ! Still sometimes dreams do come true lets try and be the eternal optimist

Marcelle
05-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Hi Rebecca,

Sounds like a great evening and nothing beats "affirmation" to cap the night off as perfect. Now about this gold . . . would that be pirate gold or just gold bullion? :)

Hugs

Isha

Jenniferathome
05-10-2015, 09:51 AM
It's the little things, Rebecca!

Beverley Sims
05-10-2015, 10:07 AM
I get the feeling from your post that you are elated. :)

Kristy 56
05-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Rebecca,I'd be floating too. A pretty good day,and only cost you a lunch. Thanks for sharing. :)

reb.femme
05-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and yes Beverley, elated is the word.

Isha - any gold except that from my wedding ring

Katie - I've never liked crackling but I shall think of you regardless

Theresa - I hope that your dreams progress

I had an open conversation with my wife when we got back last night, nothing bad, but she has been very actively involved for the last few days. It seems to have occurred after she watched a programme I had recorded called, "I married a cross dresser". She came into the pub shortly before we finished so that she could meet a few of the group. Never been this far before, so I will reiterate Beverley's word...elated!

Rebecca

kimdl93
05-11-2015, 09:42 PM
That's wonderful Rebecca, but what's a cavery?

reb.femme
05-12-2015, 03:41 PM
That's wonderful Rebecca, but what's a cavery?

A carvery is basically a roast dinner, with a selection of meats from Beef, Chicken, Ham etc. Wife loves them as there is no washing up to do. She should worry, as washing up, apart from the dishwasher, is my domain.

Rebecca