PDA

View Full Version : Online dress shopping...

Robyn2006
02-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Would love to hear anyone's suggestion for the better on-line sources to buy a new dress, sizes 8-10. I usually buy from Newport News, VS, or JC Penney's, but nothing there clicks... and have just today spent hours looking elswhere online, but am now thinking you girls are probably my best resource!

What kind of dress? Heck, I never know until I see it!

xxxooo
Robyn

TaraB
02-04-2006, 11:17 PM
i've never bought anything online. I just love shopping in stores. I love seeing everything up front.....seeing the material, the fit, the style, the colors, trying to find things to coordinate with something you found you like etc. its madness really. I swear they put somekind of pheramone(sp) in the air because when i get in there i go wild and my whole body trembles with anticipation of shopping like a madwoman.

Amanduhrob
02-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Formal, semi formal, casual, business, ****ty? How about a little more specific?

TGMarla
02-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Ebay, bay-bee!

Toni CD
02-05-2006, 05:34 AM
i like classic closeouts , just got $90.00 silk skirt for $7.49 great clothes at a good price. i love them... love ya xoxo
www.classiccloseouts.com

Maddie
02-05-2006, 06:52 AM
try this cood stuff and great service
http://www.chadwicks.com

kristenB
02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I have had great luck with Frederick's, but if your looking for a little classier try Carabella or Lew Magrams online.....good luck!!!!!

jamie_44
02-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi Robyn, I have used Chadwicks and Lerners, don't know if they are better than what you have been using but you might check them out.

Sedona
02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Robyn,

I agree, sometimes you're looking for just the perfect thing (I've never been impressed with Newport News by the way).

Here are some sites that I've used and can recommend:

For more youthful styles, gojane.com and alloy.com

For gothic and punk apparel (their sizes tend to run very true), lip-service.com

For more casual styles (also great site for all-things outdoor), sierratradingpost.com

Clubwear for your inner skank: bodybody.com

And, for designer wear, bluefly.com is the best in my opinion, with incredible markdowns on items which are very pricey to begin with.

Good luck!

Gwen
02-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I've made out pretty well with Newport News.

Or try this one:
http://www.us.redoute.com/laredoute/Layout/Layout.asp?

Robyn2006
02-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Wow... Just what I needed. So many new sites I hadn't heard of! Thank you all SO MUCH!!!! It's late Friday night now... and now I know what I'll be doing come Saturday morning: shopping for my new dress! I'll post here what I decide on!

xxxooo,
Robyn