PDA

View Full Version : Woman when drab Men when dressed

Tina_Someday
02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi So I have been reading on here alot about some of you who like woman when dressed in drab but like men when dressed in female clothing. I feel the same way, what is everybodys idea what this means?

Sharon
02-05-2006, 05:15 AM
I think it means that, when en femme, you are totally relaxed and honest about yourself. When in drab, you're letting social biases and stigmas affect your feelings.

Nyx
02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I think it means that, when en femme, you are totally relaxed and honest about yourself. When in drab, you're letting social biases and stigmas affect your feelings.

I think it's alot more than social biases. Something you learn in social psychology is that the way you see yourself affects your way of acting and your way of thinking. Look up "dissonance theory". Just looking at yourself in a mirror and seeing yourself as a male can make you act male. The same goes for seeing yourself as a female.

livy_m_b
02-05-2006, 04:02 PM
My resolution of this is that some of us are basically heterosexual in sexual orientation so that the sexual object shifts for consistency. That's not inconsistent with with the dissonance hypothesis since the contrary would be a source of dissonance.

There have been indications of a genetic component to homosexuality but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is a "gene" for attraction to males - it could be a "gene" for attraction to opposite gender that is inactivated - or that all sexual orientation is genetically determined But, I'm not espousing any of these theories - a lot remains to be learned. There are also developmental theories based on effects of hormones during development or later.

Beyond all genetic and developmental theories there is still a conditioning theory - we become attracted to those persons and things that we associate with sexual pleasure. If you find sexual pleasure in thinking of yourself as a woman being made love to by a man, you are likely to become oriented that way - that's pretty close to the autogynephilia theory.

In summary - don't be too surprised at anything that humans treat as a sexual object!

ericalynne
02-11-2006, 10:49 PM
to me, when i am in erica mode, i mean really in erica mode, i am a total woman in every sense of the word. while as my other self (drab mode) the thought of two men together is a turn off...but a genuine tg/ts woman with a man is a real fantasy. yes when dressed as a woman, i am a woman, and therefore, desire to act completely as a woman.

Lisa Baby
03-01-2006, 03:34 AM
When I am Lisa, I am only Lisa. :happy:

When I am Drab, I still have stong Lisa thoughts. :)

I am a careing person who tries to understand where other people, male of female, are coming from in their viewpoints. Though I don't always agree with their views, I think that they are entitled to their own opinion. ;) No matter how wrong they may be. :evil:

Lisa