PDA

View Full Version : is it me or what

Bobbi46
05-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Why does it seem to be a hard decision to go outside dressed in skirt etc. I would so dearly like to do so, is it hard the first time to do it and if so does it get easier as time goes by. I do not have any wigs/make up, so i wonder would this be an issue or not.it appears to me that there is so little acceptance in general with friends/public in accepting that we are happier in cross dressing and perhaps more so than people who do not cross. having found out the joys and comfort that can be experienced it makes me wonder that i did not do it before.Why oh why are mens underwear so uncomfortable compared to womens. I have found some panties from USA that a amazingly comfortable not to say very pretty as well. worth wearing at the beach, which is what I intend to do soon.

Dana44
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM
It is hard the first time out. I remember it well going to a movie and fumbling with my purse LOL. It does get easier and more comfortable when you start feeling natural out there. I do not have any wigs. I wear a 38B bra and I do have some makeup. A foundation and some eye colors. Those are fairy cheap. I do have a bikini and have been to the beach already. We had an 84 degree on January 28th that my SO and I went to the beach and had a picnicked. Ah panties are pretty comfortable. On men underwear I use boy shorts. They are comfortable and the girls copied that and now there is female boy short underwear. I have some of those also. My hipster panties are the most comfortable and they are pretty sexy.

Bobbi46
05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
soon if all goes well I be buying my first bra and online chatting with the website soon sorted out my quieries, in that i do not want implants or breast forms as i want to feel the bra next to my skin and on my nipples as well

Dianne S
05-11-2015, 12:58 PM
It gets much easier over time. You quickly learn that most people are utterly self-absorbed and unobservant, and of those who do notice, most don't care or are nice about it.

Bobbi46
05-11-2015, 01:59 PM
what should I do as a first venture out as a cd?

Rachelakld
05-11-2015, 04:47 PM
First time in a skirt for me, was (apart from putting the rubbish out at 3am) an early morning coffee, while teenages, family people and most sane people were still tucked up in bed, including the heavy late nigh drinkers. So my coffee outing was around 5am.

My basic rule, daytime, lots of people lead to a safer experience (malls, movies etc). I don't do empty park walks, or late night deserted street walks.
Today I didn't have time for make up or wig, but living in a PC city, did some 7 am groceries at our big mall shop in skinny jeans, tight white top & pretty floral bra, got nice smiles and "have a nice day miss" - I was even using my manly voice. It's okay, they will just think I'm crazy.

UNDERDRESSER
05-11-2015, 05:36 PM
It's not just you. I have been keeping a skirt, ( very boring, poly cotton/nylon looks like a simplified kilt ) in my locker at work for about 3-4 weeks. I have been given permission, by my manager to wear it. Could I just put it on and walk out? Could I F.. heck. Finally, On Wednesday, I was talking to one of the younger girls, my eyes kept being drawn to her legs, ( not just, for the obvious reasons ) she was wearing a pair of form fitting, very short, ( 2-3 inch inseam max ) shorts. You couldn't see anything, quite, but from behind, with a matching black t shirt, it looked liked there was nothing under said t shirt. To myself I said, "If she can wear that, I can wear a poor man's kilt."

I excused myself for a few minutes, changed into the skirt, and came back onto the sales floor. I'm not going to try and count the number of times I almost didn't do it, but once it was on, it seemed to get easier. Not everyone noticed, immediately, but many more than I thought would. The skirt is the same colour and materials as my shorts, ( also a women's pair ) and slightly longer. Later, I found that in several conversations with some co-workers, they hadn't noticed, whereas some instantly registered the fact. One guy came up to me and said "I have a favour to ask." his eyes flicked down, back up, "Why are you wearing a skirt?" "Why not?" Shrug. "Fair enough" and he carried on with his request.

Happy I did it, but glad the first hurdle is over. I had no negative interactions at all, though I sensed some reservations, or at least uncertainty, from some, I think this will go away as they establish in their own minds that it's just the skirt, implants and hormones will not be following. I have a small advantage there, as the GF also works in the same place, and at least one noted to her "I see UNDERDRESSER is rocking a skirt." "Oh yes, he's been wearing them at home for while." I think her casual reaction gave them some, I don' know, reassurance?

Yes, it does get easier. How will it be received? YMMV, I had no hostility, and very little of anything that could be construed as negative. I did get a few compliments. I am, and present as, a male. No makeup, sometimes a little stubble, shaved, or close cropped head. I shave my legs and arms, and wear mostly shorts, and short sleeved t shirts at work. ( this time of year at least ) I definitely avoid skirts that try to exaggerate hips, some of them have a bit of flair, but that's all. How you intend to dress is something you will have consider, how will it appear? Are you going to look like someone in the first stages of transition? The classic bearded guy in a dress? How feminine do you want to present?

Bobbi46
05-11-2015, 05:58 PM
how feminine do I want to go, I do not know quite yet as I am new to this wonderful experience, but certainly the dressing part is the main thing when i have enough confidence I will go out with a skirt stockings bra and blouse, then I will take the next stage make up etc

Teresa
05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Longlegs,
I totally underdress to walk the dog, when I think it's safe I take off my top layer and carry on walking, it's become my Sunday morning treat ! Yes I've been outed a few times but it hasn't been too dramatic more a bit of fun !

docrobbysherry
05-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Ooops! I was going to post until it turned into a pantie thread!:sad:

kimdl93
05-11-2015, 10:20 PM
What you wear on the beach has more to do with your assessment of propriety than whether the bottoms are panties or speedos or Bermuda shorts, for that matter.

As for the first question, you need to decide for yourself what motivates you. Is it simply a desire to be seen In Women's clothes or do you wish to present yourself as a woman as you conduct your life in public? Of course you'll feel awkward the first time out, whatever the answer.

Beverley Sims
05-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Aside from what everyone says the main problem in dressing differently is the weirdness factor.

The general population are just not ready for it yet.

Bobbi46
05-13-2015, 10:47 AM
It does not feel weird at all to me to underdress and finish off with a skirt and blouse seems and feels absolutely normalas it must to all of you good people.