PDA

View Full Version : A quiet night at the bar

Jean 103
05-12-2015, 08:16 AM
I will start with Monday morning, I wanted to give the secretary an update on the new restaurant that just opened that I had told her about last week. I did, and she told me about her weekend then asked about mine. I told her that I was at the bar till closing last night and it was slow. I also added that I received some free drinks, she gets this big smile and says I never use to pay for my drinks. Right when it hits me, last Friday I revealed Jean to her, I was wondering if things between us would be different now, at this moment I had put that thought behind me and felt everything was going to remain the same. What suddenly dawned on me was she was picturing Jean sitting at the bar, as I do.
Sunday, it’s becoming my thing check in to a motel and hang out at this bar, a thirty minute drive to the town I grew up in. I get dressed and have some time to kill before check in. I stop at a thrift store I like that I haven’t been to in a while, it supports the women’s shelter. I found a cute summer dress and pair of shoes. I drive to the motel, check in, and decide to go out to eat. I ended up at this Chinese restaurant that my parents use to take me to. I haven’t been there since I was a kid. It seemed deferent, I asked the waitress if there have been any changes, she checked with the grandson who said the place has been the same since the 60s when it opened. I guess the difference was my memories are through a child’s eyes. I told this to the secretary, she said she hasn’t been there since she was a kid either. I had a really nice meal. I drive back to my room, leave the car and walk to the bar. It was a small crowd of mostly regulars that I have met and am getting to know. This guy walks in and sits by me like one chair away. I play one of the regulars a game of pool, I won. I had moved over and was talking to this new guy while playing. He is getting handsy with me. I took him to my room and returned wearing my new dress, footless leggings and new shoes. Of course everyone noticed, I said” I know I’m wearing a different outfit”. One of the ladies says,” well did you get some”. I respond “Yes, I know I’m a ****”. A little while later there are only a few people left, still early maybe like 8. The same lady is sitting with her girlfriend, and four guys two of which are the gay couple. She yells out I’m trying to get my friend laid. I look around and say “well she only has two choices”, everyone starts laughing, because the rest of the people are girls. I got a compliment lime green triple hoop earrings, some free drinks and won some money playing dice. At the end of the night the bartender locked up and started cleaning/closing, it was just the two of us. I did offer to help. We talked while she cleaned, I finished my beer and said goodnight. I know it’s too late, but I’m thinking I may be getting a little too close.
Love Jean

bridget thronton
05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Good weekend

Debra Russell
05-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you've got it down pretty good, enjoy and have fun...............................Debra

Beverley Sims
05-12-2015, 12:51 PM
At least your life is interesting.
Stay safe though.

Kristy 56
05-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Certainly an interesting weekend. :)

Kristy 56
05-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Forgot to add,and wish mine was as good. :)

Dana44
05-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Jean, wow, sounds like you had a great weekend. You never know though, a girl can do you also. So watch out when somebody says you want to get laid.

CONSUELO
05-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Jean,

I loved the story and the way you told it. You have a talent for writing that you should explore. Glad you had such a good time.

kimdl93
05-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Mmmmm, please be safe, and use protection.

Marcelle
05-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Hi Jean,

It seems you are definitely living your life :) . . . enjoy but please do play safe.

Hugs

Isha